Caffeine May Be More Evil Than You Think!

cry0genicz

Although I've been a user of coffee/caffeine for a long time and I've read the supposed benefits of caffeine written by Ray Peat, I am still skeptical about how healthy it is. Doesn't caffeine increase free fatty acids in the blood, which would impact glucose metabolism? Also, coffee and most caffeine containing substances are naturally bitter. Bitterness is a very unpleasant taste that's intended to make us NOT swallow whatever is causing the bitter taste. The bitter taste sensation is a evolutionary defensive mechanism against ingesting poison substances. I suppose its easier to consume when you put 5TBSPs of sugar into it and believe it's not a poison.

Last edited:

InChristAlone

Although I've been a user of coffee/caffeine for a long time and I've read the supposed benefits of caffeine written by Ray Peat, I am still skeptical about how healthy it is. Doesn't caffeine increase free fatty acids in the blood, which would impact glucose metabolism? Also, coffee and most caffeine containing substances are naturally bitter. Bitterness is a very unpleasant taste that's intended to make us NOT swallow whatever is causing the bitter taste. The bitter taste sensation is a evolutionary defensive mechanism against ingesting poison substances. I suppose its easier to consume when you put 5TBSPs of sugar into it and believe it's not a poison.
I think caffeine was definitely invented as a toxic substance to other species. But in general it isn't harmful in the right context. In the wrong context I absolutely think it can be toxic to people.

Xisca

naturally bitter. Bitterness is a very unpleasant taste that's intended to make us NOT swallow whatever is causing the bitter taste. The bitter taste sensation is a evolutionary defensive mechanism against ingesting poison substances.
Not only!
There are levels of bitterness.... it is also known to stimulate both in mouth and stomach, the healthy secretion of stomach acids! I enjoy bitter taste...

Xisca

Bitter taste feels cleaning for my teeth and tongue!

japanesedude

This is very weird but interesting.
so I've been taking 100mg caffeine pills 3times with each meals about 2months during this summer.
and It did stimulated me a 'bit' too much and my sleep quality was not that good.
but summer has gone and I stopped taking caffeine pills just from 3 days ago and start drinking coffee again (3times a day with each meals).
and I realized that I am start getting frustrated and angry espacially after my last coffee consumption(usually around 4 pm)
I knew that my total daily Caffeine Consumption has been decreased compared to caffeine pills(300mg total perday) but I still don't know why I feel so bad on drinking coffee...
or drinking coffee stimulates too much allopregnenolone in my brain and anger is a result.

Hgreen56

. A dose of 400mg+ caffeine raises basal metabolic rate by about 20% for 2h-4h.
you take a lot caffeine pills right? do you feel this 20% for 2h-4h?

i notice today after some digging in my food log that when i take 200mg caffeine. I got exactly 2 hours energy from.
Then i crash...
i can eat anything what i want, even pure sugar, i don't get energy until I take 200mg caffeine tablet again and them i am on fire again for 2 next hours.
So i need 100mg caffeine a hour, do you have the same experience?

100mg is one cup coffee right? no wonders everyone in the world drinks tons of this stuff all day long.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals