Caffeine Making Heart Rate Slow?

m_arch

So I've had flu-like symptoms the last couple of days, and today I took 600mg of caffeine at 10am in one hit. I also took 3 pills of l-theanine, although an hour or so later when I felt a bit stressed.

I then measured my heart rate which was at 53, usually its around 65. I definitely had a stress response to this caffeine but a lower heart rate?!

tara

I took 600mg of caffeine
I can't answer your question, but ...
That's a lot at once, esp. when the system is already fighting.
I never take even a normal dose of coffee or caffeine in one go. But I still seem to get slowed down by it after the initial boost. And if I take it when I'm struggling in particular ways it seems to make things worse immediately (reduce energy).

Kasper

Haidut mentioned that the liver determines how much caffeine will end up in the blood. And that with poor liver health it can take a long time before caffeine ends up in the blood. Maybe the caffeine will increase your heart rate later in the day?

OP
m_arch

m_arch

Haidut mentioned that the liver determines how much caffeine will end up in the blood. And that with poor liver health it can take a long time before caffeine ends up in the blood. Maybe the caffeine will increase your heart rate later in the day?
I think it stayed slow all day, its 9:30pm now and still slow and I never really felt 'energetic' except maybe for an hour after taking the pills (after that 'happy hour', the stress response came)