Caffeine Has Androgenic Effects On The Testes

haidut

Forum Supporter
I posted several studies on low-ish doses of caffeine raising testosterone and DHT. The mechanism was increase in 5-AR activity. This study claims that substances that raise levels of cAMP have andromimetic properties on the testes. Of all natural substances caffeine is by far the most powerful booster of cAMP. This specific study used theophylline, which I believe is a metabolite of caffeine and occurs on its own in some natural foods like tea and cocoa.

http://www.sciencemag.org/content/168/3928/261.abstract

"...Administration of adenosine 3',5'-monophosphate with theophylline produced testosterone-like induction of hexokinase, phosphofructokinase, pyruvate kinase, and glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase in the seminal vesicles of both orchidectomized and immature rats. The N6-O2'-dibutyryl analog of this cyclic nucleotide produced greater increases in vesicular enzyme activities than those induced by the parent compound. The observed enhancement of the key glycolytic enzymes and of hexose monophosphate shunt dehydrogenase was significantly inhibited by actinomycin D and cycloheximide. The evidence indicates that cyclic adenosine monophosphate may be involved as an intermediary in the action of androgenic hormones on male accessory sex organs."

sladerunner69

From personal experience I havent found caffiene to be all that androgenic. At least it certainly doesn't seem that way. Perhaps it's something that in order to attain the full benefits of icnrease 5-ar activity, one must already meet a requisite health standard in terms of some combination of metabolic properties and hormone synthesis. The human organism is so very complicated and intricate.

Tobacco smoking, for isntance, is a reliable way to increase 5-ar activity for me, but it is known to decrease cAMP function. Not to discredit cAMP influence on androgens, just that there are a variety of pathways and hoops to jump through when considering androgen synthesis... most of which I am still unclear on.

sladerunner69

Why do I feel so tired and groggy the day after drinking many cups of coffee? Also too much coffee makes it difficult for me to maintain an erection and seems to lower my sensititivty.

theLaw

Wonder if Caffeine + DMSO would be a more effective way to get higher doses without a stress response.

And what effect trans-dermal Caffeine would have on other tissues.:eek::eek::eek:

giphy.gif

sladerunner69

Come down from increased adrenaline? Less thyroid hormone produced compared to lots of caffeine?

Yea I mean the morning upon waking I usually feel really lifeless. Like brainfogged, difficulty feeling and percieving. This morning it was quite bad until I hit the cappresso maker.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom