Caffeine For Liver Side Effect

M

marikay

Hi. After reading all the threads on caffeine and its effect on the liver I decided to try a caffeine supplement for two weeks. I started with 200mgs twice a day. I drink coffee (though I stopped for this period) so the 200mgs twice a day caused no problems. But when I increased the amount to 400mgs twice a day I experienced severe and uncontrollable heartburn. I dropped back down to 200mgs twice a day but am still getting the heartburn, though not as bad. I didn't expect this side effect and am wondering if anyone has any idea why this would be happening.

I'm one week in to the two week experiment. The caffeine pills came from Nutricost. Thanks.

Orion

I found for me heartburn was reduced by breaking the pills up into 4 pieces. I am taking 3x100mg pills, so 12 pieces. Helps me with heartburn symptoms, not sure why this helps.

kondevantoni

I did 1200mg and 2-3 coffies a day for a week, then stoped it becouse it supressed my appetite greatly, but no heartburn whatsoever. A few years back i had heatburn daily and got rid of it by taking Betaine HCL.

OP
M

marikay

I found for me heartburn was reduced by breaking the pills up into 4 pieces. I am taking 3x100mg pills, so 12 pieces. Helps me with heartburn symptoms, not sure why this helps.

Thanks for this. I'll try it that way (smaller pieces).

OP
M

marikay

I did 1200mg and 2-3 coffies a day for a week, then stoped it becouse it supressed my appetite greatly, but no heartburn whatsoever. A few years back i had heatburn daily and got rid of it by taking Betaine HCL.

Thanks for this. I am wondering if the heartburn might be coming from the niacinamide I'm taking along with the caffeine. I am also noticing a reduction in appetite since taking the caffeine. Weird I would have though it would be the opposite.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals