Caffeine For ADHD, Blood Pressure

DaveFoster

I've been using coffee to counteract my ADHD. It works very well, and I've been using 9 cups/day blended in combination with taurine (2 g), creatine (3 g), coconut oil, chocolate, 2 egg yolks, sugar, and whole milk, along with some l-theanine if I get too edgy.

The amount of caffeine needed to attenuate my ADHD causes my blood pressure to go up to 147/69, which is high. Is there any way to get the benefits of caffeine without this negative effect on blood pressure? More taurine?

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Bag breath a few times a day to lower blood pressure, as well as other benefits?
That's a good idea. I actually have a BreahtSlim (Frolov) device, so I'll put that on my desk.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

72 ounces of coffee per day? Did you work up to that and how did that affect your digestion?
I use instant coffee crystals in my smoothies, so I make frappucino's and drink those throughout the day.

The caffeine isn't a bolus dose; it's a steady serum concentration throughout the day. It took me about a week to work up to 9 cups from 2 cups throughout the day, but I think I'm still adapting.

My digestion is the best it's been in a long time. Bowel inflammation is low with a quick transit, thanks to coffee, cascara, gelatin, carrot salad, and if I'm correct, coconut oil. I still have blood in the stool occasionally (near the anus,) but it's not as severe as it once was.

Last edited:

dbh25

72 ounces of coffee- my first thought reading was that you work from home and the WiFi signal is good in the bathroom.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

72 ounces of coffee- my first thought reading was that you work from home and the WiFi signal is good in the bathroom.
:raypeatcoffee

@DaveFoster

Try to lower the taurine to 1 gram with coffee

I used to 3 grams
It made my blood pressure as I'm gonna die after a minute

I lowered the taurine to 1 with every coffee

I'm feeling pretty good

My skin is breaking .but it's okay

I used to have a pretty clear skin

But now I have like 5 to 10 pimples around my face

PeatThemAll

I use instant coffee crystals in my smoothies, so I make frappucino's and drink those throughout the day.

The caffeine isn't a bolus dose; it's a steady serum concentration throughout the day. It took me about a week to work up to 9 cups from 2 cups throughout the day, but I think I'm still adapting.

My digestion is the best it's been in a long time. Bowel inflammation is low with a quick transit, thanks to coffee, cascara, gelatin, carrot salad, and if I'm correct, coconut oil. I still have blood in the stool occasionally (near the anus,) but it's not as severe as it once was.

With regards to the blood pressure part, I was going to recommend Aspirin, but given the italicized part, doesn't seem like a good option.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

@DaveFoster

Try to lower the taurine to 1 gram with coffee

I used to 3 grams
It made my blood pressure as I'm gonna die after a minute

I lowered the taurine to 1 with every coffee

I'm feeling pretty good

My skin is breaking .but it's okay

I used to have a pretty clear skin

But now I have like 5 to 10 pimples around my face
You mean taurine made your blood pressure go up?

With regards to the blood pressure part, I was going to recommend Aspirin, but given the italicized part, doesn't seem like a good option.
I'm up to 160 mg; it seems all good so far.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

@DaveFoster

This morning I tried again my 3 grams

With coffee and 70 g of sugar ....

I felt so bad

Coffee + gram taurine

Is awesome and calm and filled with energy
I take 1.6 - 2 g taurine in my coffe drinks; I take about 3 g creatine spread out over the day in my coffee drink.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

@DaveFoster
Frappuccino ???!! :D

Can you give us the recipe for gut sake ?
- 1 gallon milk (2% or 1% or skim depending on weight)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 TBSP gelatin
- 2 TBSP cocoa powder
- 1 TBSP salt
- 3 g creatine
- 2 g taurine
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 TBSP instant coffee (regular, but decaff if I'm sensitive to caffeine due to thyroid)

If you eat salty foods, then you can lower the salt. I can't fit 1 gallon of milk in the blender, so I mix some with molasses in the morning when I wake up and before bed.

Here's my log: Dave's Recovery Log - April 2016

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals