Caffeine Dosing

Peata

Is it best to take smaller doses throughout the day -- or -- one or two larger doses earlier in the day?

Waremu

I guess it depends on your overall diet, supplementation, and health. I personally take about 250-300mg caffeine with each meal, which is about every 3 1/2 hours. I also take niacinamide, Vitamin B1, and one aspirin with it. The only time I don't take aspirin or much caffeine with these substances is at bedtime, because I take Vitamin A, D,K, and E and do not want to take E and aspirin together. Perhaps finding what dosage gives you the best amount of clean energy without any crash, then taking that every few hours with each meal would be best. This is what has worked best for me and others. I don't usually go over 250-350mg of caffeine with each meal. Any higher than 350 would be too much for me. So I guess 200-250mg is the moderate high dose for me. Nevertheless, generally speaking, I would think it would be best for most people to take moderate amounts throughout the day (not at night or evening, if it bothers them though). usually niacinamide, B1, and aspirin help prevent any possible negative effects from the caffeine, assuming diet is right and live glycogen is stocked up.

OP
Peata

Peata

ok, thanks for the reply. What has caffeine and the rest done for you? i didn't have any success with aspirin and finally stopped using it in Dec. Niacinamide forced me on a treadmill of eat near-constantly or suffer headache all the time. B1 was pretty good for energy and motivation in the mornings.

I'm going to take 200 mg. caffeine today in a few doses to make 600 mg. total, and stop by 3 - 4 p.m. to see if i can get to sleep better.

Waremu

Peata said:
ok, thanks for the reply. What has caffeine and the rest done for you? i didn't have any success with aspirin and finally stopped using it in Dec. Niacinamide forced me on a treadmill of eat near-constantly or suffer headache all the time. B1 was pretty good for energy and motivation in the mornings.

I'm going to take 200 mg. caffeine today in a few doses to make 600 mg. total, and stop by 3 - 4 p.m. to see if i can get to sleep better.

Caffeine has helped heal my liver. I notice I can handle much larger doses of it now, whereas years ago I could not. Caffeine also helps keep my pulse and body temperature up, and with overall mood.

Let me know how it does. Make sure you get enough sugar with it and b vitamins, perhaps. Magnesium can also help.

Peatful

@Peata
Two plus years later...
Any recommendations you want to share regarding dosing caffeine?

Frankdee20

I find a morning strong coffee with Aspirin, a B Complex, and Ginseng/Ashwaganda really get me pumped, vs either of those alone

OP
Peata

Peata

@Peata
Two plus years later...
Any recommendations you want to share regarding dosing caffeine?
I haven't used caffeine pills in months. I've just been drinking coffee. After I went back on Cyproheptadine, I had to drink a few cups in the morning just to get myself out of grogginess, especially when I upped the Cypro dose. I drank a lot of coffee all day long (still feeling groggy or like I needed it for brain fog). When I recently went back to 4 mg. of cypro, I found that not only did I wake earlier in the morning feeling refreshed (instead of groggy) that I didn't need the coffee to wake up, but just drank for the enjoyment and extra boost. I also seem to have come out of the brain fog. I don't know, but maybe taking the higher dose of Cypro for a while (up to 12 mg spread out over day) then reducing back to 4 mg in the evening somehow "reset" me. I am so glad to be thinking clearer instead of inside a frustrating fog. Anyway, I still drink 3 cups day minimum.

Frankdee20

I balance the caffeine intake with herbal pro GABA teas, otherwise I'd be to tense. I usually handle 2-3 cups of coffee fine, but the GABA antagonism makes me inpatient.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals