Caffeine Can Cure Baldness In Both Men And Women

haidut

Forum Supporter
This is actually a follow up study and unfortunately was once again done in vitro and not in vivo. Nonetheless, the authors seem pretty confident that the approach works and in the actual experiment discovered that caffeine in concentrations of 0.005% - 0.0005% is several times more effective than finasteride and minoxidil for restoring hair growth.
I am hoping that it won't be long before we see a study in humans, but given the lack of interest from big pharma the prospects don't look very good right now.

Differential effects of caffeine on hair shaft elongation, matrix and outer root sheath keratinocyte proliferation, and transforming growth factor-β2/insulin-like growth factor-1-mediated regulation of the hair cycle in male and female human hair follicles in vitro - Fischer - 2014 - British Journal of Dermatology - Wiley Online Library
Caffeine In Coffee Can Cure Baldness, Research Suggested
"...The research study that was published in the British Journal of Dermatology has revealed that a concentrated amount of caffeine has reversed the effects of testosterone to the hair follicle that was extracted from the male subjects. Caffeine has stimulated the growth of the hair and maintained its growing process. But in the same report, the researchers also said that in the earlier phase of their study, they found out that "higher" concentrations of caffeine can restrain the hair growth instead of progressing it."

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
What is the caffeine concentration of SolBan?

SolBan has 1% caffeine, and in the study they refer to another experiment where 0.5% topical caffeine was found to have the same effects they observed. The 0.005% and lower concentrations refer to concentrations of the cellular medium, which are achievable by 100mg+ oral caffeine or topical SolBan.

EndAllDisease

Are they reporting that the androgen Testosterone had a detrimental effect on hair follicles?

lvysaur

Are they reporting that the androgen Testosterone had a detrimental effect on hair follicles?

It's politically incorrect to think so here, but I think excess androgens are largely responsible for hair loss.

However, the excess androgens are an adaptive response to estrogens, from what I've noticed. Ray Peat mentions this himself as "virilization".

Peatarian.com Email Exchanges - Ray Peat Forum Wiki

Agent207

What kind of baldness are we talking about? Are we assuming all of them have the same root cause and ways of treating them?

Kasper

Maybe a topical specifically for hair loss with biotin, taurine and caffeine would be interesting @haidut?

Stryker

i know many on this forum will not like some of the ingredients but i have been using the caffeine liquid (Alpecin) and i added 4g of taurine to the 200ml bottle
havnt got before and afters but im 100% sure its having a positive effect after just a few weeks

TheHound

i know many on this forum will not like some of the ingredients but i have been using the caffeine liquid (Alpecin) and i added 4g of taurine to the 200ml bottle
havnt got before and afters but im 100% sure its having a positive effect after just a few weeks

regrowth or thickness?

Entropy

Interesting association with hair quality and sulphur compounds.

This one dude shows good results on youtube using topical garlic, onion and AVC.

But i'll go with adding topical taurine instead.

m_arch

Maybe a topical specifically for hair loss with biotin, taurine and caffeine would be interesting @haidut?
@haidut I think this would be a very sought after product to provide! A lot of people are getting into peat because of danny roddy, if we could show regrowth I think it would convince the masses and spread peats ideas like wildfire, helping his ultimate lifelong goal of dissemination of the medical industry.

The nail is aligned ; @haidut has the hammer. One small step for man, one giant leap for humanity and medicine and thought!

Soren

Forum Supporter
Haha, I've just seen this thread after posting my own thread asking how Caffeine helps hair growth :lol:

johnwester130

I doubt caffeine would cure baldness, it may quicken hair growth though.

Calcium deposits in the scalp part of the skin conribute to hair loss too