Caffeine Acts Like Supplemental Thyroid - It Suppresses TSH / GH

papaya

i google & found a pub med article titled, altered intestinal absorption of l-thyroxine caused by coffee. it basically says that coffee interferes w/the intestinal absorption of t4.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
i google & found a pub med article titled, altered intestinal absorption of l-thyroxine caused by coffee. it basically says that coffee interferes w/the intestinal absorption of t4.

Coffee is not the same as caffeine. There are chemicals in coffee like caffeinc and chlorogenic acids that do that. Caffeine itself increases the absorption of pretty much any chemical, and it also increase uptake in the cell. So, caffeine is a potentiator for many substances, similar to what DMSO does.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut Would caffeine benefit magnesium retention, in the same way that thyroid does, do you know?

I think it does help. Salt, taurine, and niacinamide also do. Niacinamdie is particularly good as magnesium retention depends on ATP and NAD levels correlate perfectly with ATP. In addition, both niacinamide and magnesium are sedating and GABA agonists so that should amplify the effects of taking magnesium.

raypeatclips

I think it does help. Salt, taurine, and niacinamide also do. Niacinamdie is particularly good as magnesium retention depends on ATP and NAD levels correlate perfectly with ATP. In addition, both niacinamide and magnesium are sedating and GABA agonists so that should amplify the effects of taking magnesium.

Thank you. I have problems retaining magnesium, niacinamide gave me palpitations I associate with magnesium issues, so I was surprised you mentioned it for helping to retain it.

pboy

wouldnt the effective human dose be higher based on the data? 30 and 50 mg/kg...say a person is 60kg, would it not be 1800 and 3000mg? maybe I'm thinking ED50 is something other than it is...im assuming it means effective dose. But nevertheless ive questioned whether caffeine was effecting thyroid at various times, at less doses. Dunno if it actually hurts the thyroid or if it in excess does something else

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
wouldnt the effective human dose be higher based on the data? 30 and 50 mg/kg...say a person is 60kg, would it not be 1800 and 3000mg? maybe I'm thinking ED50 is something other than it is...im assuming it means effective dose. But nevertheless ive questioned whether caffeine was effecting thyroid at various times, at less doses. Dunno if it actually hurts the thyroid or if it in excess does something else

The dose for animals in mg/kg is usually not the same as for humans. There is a conversion factor, which is roughly 1/6 and 1/12 for rat dose and mice dose conversion into human dose. So, if a rat dose is 30mg/kg, the human dose would be roughly 5mg/kg. It varies a bit depending on the chemical but for caffeine it seems to be correct.

pboy

ok, and yea that amount seems relatively accurate
its weird with caffeine, sometimes real high does seem to have benefit and yet if continued or a lot of time it seems to be detrimental. In the past I got benefit from really high amounts every day...I think it might be something like caffeine better than low thyroid, but thyroid better than caffeine...its all good that it can surrogate for thyroid, but I question as to whether it fits into the system in the same ways...as in how it signals nerves or cells to function, but it definitely does keep the metabolism functioning and clear nitric oxide and things. I think that's why the occasional mega dose, or really large does seems to have value...maybe just like forcing a bunch of cells back into a functional state and maybe giving the liver tools to detoxify with. It just doesn't feel the same as thyroid though

TubZy

If you are sensitive to caffeine, take it with a couple grams of vitamin C. I was only first able to take (1) 200mg caffeine pill a day without a mild stress response. When I decided to add in 4 grams of vitamin C mixed with a little baking soda I get zero stress response to the caffeine even when I doubled the dose to 400mg (as long as glycogen stores are decent). Something to try along with theanine too if you are really sensitive.

It should also speed up the detox of the liver which as you know caffeine is very good for but so is vit C too.

Does Vitamin C Deficiency Promote Fatty Liver Disease Development?

Vitamin C can help reduce the stress response of cortisol and adrenaline.

Vitamin C supplementation attenuates the increases in circulating cortisol, adrenaline and anti-inflammatory polypeptides following ultramarathon r... - PubMed - NCBI

Last edited:

docall18

I seen that study and they dont measure TSH or T3, so we dont know if coffee just increased the bodys use of the T4, or increased its conversion to T3.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals