Cadmium On The Regulatory Mechanism Of Dopamine And Serotonin On Prolactin Secretion In Male Rats

Elephanto

One of the main sources of Cadmium (a metalloestrogen) is commercial tobacco. It's also high in other metalloestrogens like Lead and Nickel, so that puts the average smoker in a vicious circle, using Nicotine to decrease Estrogen while accumulating metalloestrogens. Several pesticides leave Cadmium and Lead residues, making unorganic food an important source.

use of tobacco was the strongest predictor for whole blood Cd
Predictors of mercury, lead, cadmium and antimony status in Norwegian never-pregnant women of fertile age

Zinc, Selenium, Calcium and Vitamin E protect against some Cadmium-induced damage. Cadmium is also considered an anti-metabolite of Zinc which is dopaminergic so interesting link there.
Calcium, zinc and vitamin E ameliorate cadmium-induced renal oxidative damage in albino Wistar rats
Protective effects of selenium (Se) and zinc (Zn) on cadmium (Cd) toxicity in the liver of the rat: effects on the oxidative stress. - PubMed - NCBI
Interactions between cadmium and zinc in the organism. - PubMed - NCBI

A small study has shown a decrease in Mercury (-25%), Lead (-47%) and Cadmium (-24%) when subjects were switched to a lactovegetarian diet from an omnivore one. This lasted one year after the subjects returned to an omnivore diet and it returned to baseline after 3 years.
Trace element status in healthy subjects switching from a mixed to a lactovegetarian diet for 12 mo. - PubMed - NCBI

It is less bioavailable in vegetables than in meat. Adding raw kale was also shown to inhibit Cadmium bioavailability from pig kidney.
Cadmium bioavailability from vegetable and animal-based foods assessed with in vitro digestion/caco-2 cell model. - PubMed - NCBI

Those organs (liver, kidneys) seem to be the highest dietary sources of bioavailable Cadmium.

Last edited:

fradon

coffee is another source of cadmium

one way to test if you have high cadmium build up is how strong your sense of smell is. many smokes have troulbe smelling things including themselves.

ZINC is said to counteract the loss of smell.

Frankdee20

coffee is another source of cadmium

one way to test if you have high cadmium build up is how strong your sense of smell is. many smokes have troulbe smelling things including themselves.

ZINC is said to counteract the loss of smell.

Zinc is also close to Cadmium on the periodic table, and most supplements seem to be contaminated as such. Chocolate is a good source of cadmium

Elephanto

yeah no supplements...just good old LIVER

Organs like liver and kidney have the highest concentrations of heavy metals/metalloestrogens compared to other animal parts. Makes sense since they make most of systemic damage in humans by accumulating in these organs and one of the liver's function is to detoxify.

The average Pb content of beef (tenderloin) was 10 micrograms/kg, ground beef 8 micrograms/kg, cow's liver 37 micrograms/kg

Cadmium undetectable in most animal parts but high in livers :
The mean Cd contents of beef, pork and chicken were lower than the limit of detection of the method employed. The mean Cd content of cow's liver was 66 micrograms/kg (cow) and 36 micrograms/kg (heifer) and that of pig's liver 21 micrograms/kg.
Lead and cadmium contents in pork, beef and chicken, and in pig and cow liver in Finland during 1991. - PubMed - NCBI

Seafood is also regularly high in heavy metals and other environmental contaminants like microplastics. Nothing wrong with supplementation when it is free of harmful additives.

fradon

Liver is higher in copper than zinc.
yeah but also high in selenium and that also binds up the cadmium...zinc and selenium are the one two punch AND YOU also need copper to activate zinc to create MTOR for heavy metal detox. without bound copper zinc can't bind to heavy metals also can't create SOD and catalase(iron).

Frankdee20

Organs like liver and kidney have the highest concentrations of heavy metals/metalloestrogens compared to other animal parts. Makes sense since they make most of systemic damage in humans by accumulating in these organs and one of the liver's function is to detoxify.

Lead and cadmium contents in pork, beef and chicken, and in pig and cow liver in Finland during 1991. - PubMed - NCBI

Seafood is also regularly high in heavy metals. Nothing wrong with supplementation when it is free of harmful additives.

That’s why I try to eat veal liver only, less time to accumulate ***t

Frankdee20

yeah but also high in selenium and that also binds up the cadmium...zinc and selenium are the one two punch AND YOU also need copper to activate zinc to create MTOR for heavy metal detox. without bound copper zinc can't bind to heavy metals also can't create SOD and catalase(iron).

Nice ! That’s same reason why fish is ok despite Mercury, due to the selenium

fradon

portion is everything...what ever doesn't kill you makes you stronger...so i push my liver to the limit...its like keeping a kid in a clean room his whole life he becomes allergy prone.

Elephanto

Good thinking, I used to do this too. The studies still show it is a considerable source of dietary intake, but personally I've stopped eating liver to minimize Iron intake since I had a blood test with very high levels. Zinc and Selenium supplements are cheap, while Shiitake mushrooms are an important source of Copper.

fradon

Nice ! That’s same reason why fish is ok despite Mercury, due to the selenium
yuuupppp i eat tuan also...i report i read about chinese people that live on boats and eat fish at every meal said they showed now symptoms of mercury toxicity due to the high selenium content in fish...women gave birth to healthy children.

fradon

Seafood is also regularly high in heavy metals and other environmental contaminants like microplastics. Nothing wrong with supplementation when it is free of harmful additives.

not always many supplements are inorganic compunds to the body and they can have adverse reactions...supplemental iron and folate have been linked to obesity and other health issues.

Iron, Human Growth, and the Global Epidemic of Obesity

so never discount the power of food which your body knows compared to some manufactures product.

HOW FOOD ENRICHMENT PROMOTES OBESITY – Richard Nikoley – Medium

liver can also increase energy and power with something they called ANTIFATIGUE FACTOR

https://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/food-features/the-liver-files/

LIVER espeically goose liver is great source of k2

Last edited:

Frankdee20

All I know is, I can’t get the RDA of Zinc from food alone. I don’t eat red meat every day, or oysters or pumpkin seeds. So supplements are necessary

Elephanto

not always many supplements are inorganic compunds to the body and they can have adverse reactions...supplemental iron and folate have been linked to obesity and other health issues.

so never discount the power of food which your body knows compared to some manufactures product. liver can also increase energy and power with something they called ANTIFATIGUE FACTOR

https://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/food-features/the-liver-files/

LIVER espeically goose liver is great source of k2

Zinc and Selenium in the form of Selenized Yeast have only shown positive results. About 60% less risks of prostate cancer from Selenized Yeast on a follow-up of 20+ years. Copper is the one thing you don't want to supplement since the inorganic form adds to the free copper pool seen high in Alzheimer's. As for Iron, what you mention is also true for dietary intake, especially heme iron. Folate is often way over-supplemented which increases methylation excessively. Problems can also come from harmful additives and there are confounding variables like Multi Vitamins which have Vitamin C with Iron and inorganic copper.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals