Cacao Butter: Strong Anti-cortisol, Anti-anxiety Effects

Svdmeere

Since haiduts posts about how effective Stearic acid is for a multitude of things, i've been experimenting with organic Cacao Butter. I know it is high in monosaturates also but until I get hold of food grade stearic acid, its the next best thing.

here's some great benefits ive noticed after just 3-4 days:

- reduces my panic attack symptoms completely
- helps with deeper and better quality sleep
- amazing cognitive boost and feeling more 'in the moment'
- definitely feeling belly fat shrinking after taking it
- combines well with caprylic acid and stops any digestive pain from from the caprylic acid
- amazing for digestive health and very healthy looking stools etc.
- palpitations stopped

I'd say its cortisol lowering effect is even more noticable than Pregnenolone, which used to be my go-to during panic attacks.

anyone else experimenting with cacao butter?

Can you give us un update on how you're doing now? Are you still on the cocoa butter, and are the effects still there?

I have started yesterday by replacing ghee and "normal" butter with cocoa butter and immediately noticed that I had less digestive upset on those meals. I hate the taste though, so I am looking for a deodorized version...

Peaterpeater

I tried having about 1/2 an ounce of pure organic cocao butter mixed with maple syrup and woke up at 4 am with the most dreadful bout of gastritis with heart palpitations. I changed nothing else in my diet which is how i knew it was the cocao butter. I searched online the next day for cocao butter and gastritis and sure enough it can cause both gastritis attacks and heart palpitations. Just a warning for those who are prone to gastritis....I will never do that again. It's quite sad because it tasted so good mixed with maple syrup.

Inaut

I eat Lindt Excellence A Touch of Sea Salt Chcolate bar (from Walmart) as it is certified LOW in CADMIUM and LEAD.

I’ve come to love. Salt+chocolate+sugar almost sounds like the perfect energetic snack

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Can you give us un update on how you're doing now? Are you still on the cocoa butter, and are the effects still there?

I have started yesterday by replacing ghee and "normal" butter with cocoa butter and immediately noticed that I had less digestive upset on those meals. I hate the taste though, so I am looking for a deodorized version...
Been a few years, I must have got distracted by something else! I'm returning to cacao butter and beef Tallow for stearic acid. Hoping to lose some belly fat, already noticing positive results. Will report further

Why not just boil it down and add some sugar and let solidify. Then it’s a beautiful tasty white chocolate bar.
i just eat it raw, no cooking, let it melt in the mouth like choc. it comes in little pellets, in the small packets i buy, i think its for making your own chocolate. so i just take 20 pellets in one go several times a day. its not that tasty at first, obviously the texture is basically chocolate like, and then i dont mind the taste after a few days.

Dave Clark

I am back on Cacao butter...This stuff tastes amazing and I love cooking my eggs/Lamb backstrap with it. Big fan.
I buy it in bulk from Jedwards, and the smell and taste really is lb for lb better than any butter I know. I haven't tried it in savory dishes yet, but if your doing Bullet proof coffee, cacao tastes much better than dairy butter {it's good to switch up on it so you don't get burnt out on the taste though}. In cakes and pastries, it is great mixed with other fats like coconut oil, etc., more flavor than any of the others.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

True story. Just search for any fatty acid study which analyzes the fatty acids individually and you'll see that only stearic acid is protective against cancer: not myristic, not palmitic, and not caproic, only stearic is long enough to inhibit cell division. The same studies will no doubt show that linoleic acid is the most carcinogenic one.
Wait I'm almost certain caprylic acid and MCT oils have strong anti cancer properties

OP
ddjd

ddjd

anyone experimented with the methylated forms of stearic acid?

kaybb

I buy it in bulk from Jedwards, and the smell and taste really is lb for lb better than any butter I know. I haven't tried it in savory dishes yet, but if your doing Bullet proof coffee, cacao tastes much better than dairy butter {it's good to switch up on it so you don't get burnt out on the taste though}. In cakes and pastries, it is great mixed with other fats like coconut oil, etc., more flavor than any of the others.
Do you have the metal info on Jedwars brand? Concerned about cadmiun and lead and looking for a good brand.

Dave Clark

Do you have the metal info on Jedwars brand? Concerned about cadmiun and lead and looking for a good brand.
I do not. I know that Z Natural and Essential Organics showed me their COA some time ago. I do not have them saved, as these are batch tested.
Both of these companies have good products, and regularly do testing on them. I don't think you are going to find a cacao that is a zero on metals, just like most rice doesn't come back zero on arsenic, but find a product that is low and below range, and then do not over consume it. Plus, in this world today with toxicity in everything we take into our body, I think it may be a good idea to use some form of chelation once and a while {modified citrus pectin, bentonite, OSR, IP-6, etc.}.
Even organic goods can have metals, plastic compounds, etc. If something is stored or processed in aluminum or plastic, it will show up in the product.

kaybb

I do not. I know that Z Natural and Essential Organics showed me their COA some time ago. I do not have them saved, as these are batch tested.
Both of these companies have good products, and regularly do testing on them. I don't think you are going to find a cacao that is a zero on metals, just like most rice doesn't come back zero on arsenic, but find a product that is low and below range, and then do not over consume it. Plus, in this world today with toxicity in everything we take into our body, I think it may be a good idea to use some form of chelation once and a while {modified citrus pectin, bentonite, OSR, IP-6, etc.}.
Even organic goods can have metals, plastic compounds, etc. If something is stored or processed in aluminum or plastic, it will show up in the product.
Those 2 brands sound good.
In the past I did some heavy chelation treatments (before finding Ray Peat). I’d rather do one you mentioned . I read up on the bentonite and there is caution on the clays because of high lead :/. .

Osukhan

Ive used SEA and pure stearic acid powder for about a year, hard to say if does something or not...
I like all the science behind it though

Dave Clark

Ive used SEA and pure stearic acid powder for about a year, hard to say if does something or not...
I like all the science behind it though
Can you say whether or not you noticed even minor benefits, like more energy, less inflammation, better muscle to fat ratio, like around the gut area, etc.? I suppose if you haven't noticed anything, it just becomes blind faith as to whether using them does anything good. Both supplements are not cheap, but I guess by just focusing on saturated fats from butter, cacao, coconut, etc., rather than MUFAs and PUFAs, we can gain some of those benefits.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals