Ca:p Ratio - 3:1 Almost Completely Abolishes Anxiety

OP
Velve921

Velve921

@Velve921 Are you able to abolish anxiety while keeping high energy levels / dopamine / motivation?

That'd be fantastic.

Yes.

My energy is by far the best especially from a thinking perspective. By far higher motivation.

Now, I will say this. The response will also be depending on where someone is at metabolically. 6 years ago when I started working on this ratio, I became much more relaxed up front; motivated, but definitely had a daily nap for 30-45 minutes as I was healing.

Now, I have 1 nap 1x per month. I am get up at 8am and go to sleep midnight; generally. No need to nap and dialed in.

Kvothe

Milk 1-2 cups a day.
The high amount of parmigano reggiano cheese is where the high ratio comes from.... according to cronometer.com

Good, hard cheese like real parmiggiano has a ratio of about 1.6, so you are getting a good ratio of something like 1.4-1.5, but nowhere near 3:1. That's impossible to achieve without calcium supplements.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Good, hard cheese like real parmiggiano has a ratio of about 1.6, so you are getting a good ratio of something like 1.4-1.5, but nowhere near 3:1. That's impossible to achieve without calcium supplements.

My goal is not to be misleading. Im giving you feedback based on typing numbers in on cronometer and that’s the feedback it gave me.

Kvothe

My goal is not to be misleading. Im giving you feedback based on typing numbers in on cronometer and that’s the feedback it gave me.

I didn't mean to imply that, but thought it was good to clarify that. For some reason or another the cronometer data is very wrong. I wouldn't rely on cronometer. Thinks like the USDA databank are much better sources.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

I didn't mean to imply that, but thought it was good to clarify that. For some reason or another the cronometer data is very wrong. I wouldn't rely on cronometer. Thinks like the USDA databank are much better sources.

Got it.
Would you include Wikipedia being off as well?

can you send me a link to usda source showing parmigiano Reggiano cheese nutrients?

baccheion

What about collards, almond milk, grapefruit juice, etc? They have a higher calcium:phosphorus ratio..

Kvothe

Got it.
Would you include Wikipedia being off as well?

can you send me a link to usda source showing parmigiano Reggiano cheese nutrients?

The wikipedia page on parmiggiano has slightly different values, but even those numbers only give you a 1.7 ratio. The website of the USDA database seems to have changed very recently. For some reason they don't show all the nutrients any more, but they list calcium as 1087mg. Below is a good German website that has all the nutrients, and it's based on USDA data.

FoodData Central
Nährwerte Parmesan

Kvothe

What about collards, almond milk, grapefruit juice, etc? They have a higher calcium:phosphorus ratio..

Almond milk only has calcium due to fortification, and should never be consumed by a human being. Most collard greens have a ratio between 1 and 1.5. Same goes for grapefruits.

schultz

Turnip greens have a ratio around 4.5 to 1

As far as foods that you actually want to eat, parmesan has a pretty good ratio. I always considered it 1.7 to 1 though and not 3 to 1.

I wouldnt overdo it.Ray Peat is not Pro-Calcium from my understanding of him,he is afraid of it and wants to control it tightly.For Dogs,putative optimal Ca:P Ratio is 1.2:1,i wouldnt go much higher than that,everything else is pharmacologic intervention,we cant know what side-effects artifical skewed Ratios bring with them.Calcium per se isnt healthy,Peat wants to reduce all the problems that comes from it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals