C Difficile Advice For A Friend

m3rk

Hi folks,

A buddy of mine has contracted C Difficile. He has definitely been on a westernized/industrial diet probably his whole life. More than offering him a landslide of advice, I wanted to check here and see if anyone had any suggestions or know of any treatments that seemed to be successful?

The only thing I have advised him of is: Gelatin & Bone Broth - to get energy calories from sugar and coconut oil - and to think about limiting insoluble fibers.

on NYE he told me he has been eating sauerkraut, which flew right through my radar, and today he is visiting a new Doc b/c he is feeling worse. I just emailed him and told him to maybe lay off the fermented foods.

I know all the primary peat things (antibiotics, raw carrot, OJ) but I am also dealing with someone here who does not have much experience with using diet and nutrition in a healing way, so it almost seems like I'm pushing VooDoo on him..

I just want to give him some practical advice, possibly referenced, that can ease his pain and symptoms.

btw, he contracted it from a hospital when he took a new admin job.

HDD

My daughter got c. Diff in the hospital during chemo. I did not know of Peat then so I searched the Internet. I found the following article:
http://www.essentialformulas.com/news/N ... slette.pdf

There is a reference to c.diff in this. I just quickly scanned to make sue it was the article I read at the time. I purchased Natren's Healthy Trinity and her c. Diff was gone within a week. I think it would be worth a try even though probiotics are not really a Peat recommendation. Maybe even email Ray Peat about it.

Her c. Diff was likely from all the antibiotics she had taken not necessarily "caught" in the hospital. I don't know if this would make a difference as far as treating it.

OP
m3rk

m3rk

thanks for the reply, greatly appreciated. I do want to email RP but I can not find his email address.. could you pm it to me if you have it?

I will pass along all this to my pal. thanks again.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Fecal transplant knocks this right out. Poop from a healthy breastfeeding baby who never had antibiotics is the best choice.

Coconut oil is antibacterial, the carrot will help get it deeper into the intestine. Charcoal might be helpful. Limit PUFA so the body can work better and fight it off. Everything Peaty.

whit

Fecal transplant knocks this right out. Poop from a healthy breastfeeding baby who never had antibiotics is the best choice.

Coconut oil is antibacterial, the carrot will help get it deeper into the intestine. Charcoal might be helpful. Limit PUFA so the body can work better and fight it off. Everything Peaty.

Has there been any updates to any protocols?
Is there any verifiable formula for this issue?
I have a friend who has had this recurring stumbling block.
Is there something definitive?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals