Buying thyroid supplement in Australia

Vivien

Does anybody know if you can buy any form of thyroid supplement legally in Australia without prescription?
Cynomel, Cynoplus or anything else?

katiekeen

Hi Vivien
You can't buy Cynoplus etc in Australia. What I have done: I was using NDT prescribed by my GP compounded by a pharmacy but felt it wasn't working so I bought some Thiroyd (Greater Pharma I think) from Thailand then decided to get some Cynoplus from Mexico. The Cynoplus is great, works the best out of everything I have tried.

juanitacarlos

Vivien said:
Does anybody know if you can buy any form of thyroid supplement legally in Australia without prescription?

Hey Vivien. katiekeen is correct. You need to buy OS without prescription. I've used Farmacia Del Nino, and recommend them.

http://www.farmaciadelnino.com/eng/index

Just remember you are only allowed to import a 3 month supply at a time.

OP
V

Vivien

ttramone said:
Vivien said:

Hey Vivien. katiekeen is correct. You need to buy OS without prescription. I've used Farmacia Del Nino, and recommend them.

http://www.farmaciadelnino.com/eng/index

Just remember you are only allowed to import a 3 month supply at a time.

Thanks for both of you, but I don't really understand what you mean.
What is OS? And you mean that I can buy Cynoplus legally from Mexico?

OP
V

Vivien

katiekeen said:
Hi Vivien
You can't buy Cynoplus etc in Australia. What I have done: I was using NDT prescribed by my GP compounded by a pharmacy but felt it wasn't working so I bought some Thiroyd (Greater Pharma I think) from Thailand then decided to get some Cynoplus from Mexico. The Cynoplus is great, works the best out of everything I have tried.

Thank you katiekeen. Do you mean that I cannot by Cynoplus in Australia at all, even with prescription? But importing it from Mexico is legal? Can I do that?

katiekeen

Hi Vivien,
No, I don't believe that Cynoplus is available in Australia at all, to be 100% sure just google it.
I don't know whether buying Cynoplus from Mexico without a script is legal either but I do think that ttramone is correct in saying that you can get a personal supply for 3 months. I heard this somewhere so it is ringing a bell.
I'm not really au fait with legalities and stuff, for me I don't get too concerned about it.

Ttramone, are you in Australia too?

juanitacarlos

Yeah I don't believe you can buy cynoplus/cynomel in Australia because it hasn't been approved by the TGA (I couldn't be wrong on the reason).

Yes I am in Australia, too.

It is legal to buy Cynoplus/mel from Mexico, or anywhere OS really, as long as its not a prohibited substance. Which it isn't. It comes under the Personal Importation scheme and more info can be found here

Vivien - you can just buy a bottle from the mexican pharmacy website I linked to above, or find another cheaper source if you can. But read the info about the importation scheme so you can make an informed decision.

katiekeen

Cool, thanks ttramone. Sets my mind at rest. I got my Cynoplus from mymexicandrugstore and I have been happy with them too.

OP
V

Vivien

ttramone said:
Yeah I don't believe you can buy cynoplus/cynomel in Australia because it hasn't been approved by the TGA (I couldn't be wrong on the reason).

Yes I am in Australia, too.

It is legal to buy Cynoplus/mel from Mexico, or anywhere OS really, as long as its not a prohibited substance. Which it isn't. It comes under the Personal Importation scheme and more info can be found here

Vivien - you can just buy a bottle from the mexican pharmacy website I linked to above, or find another cheaper source if you can. But read the info about the importation scheme so you can make an informed decision.

Thank you for your help ttramone. Your're right, I've checked it isn't not a prohibited substance.
When you buy this product from Mexico do you need to provide prescription?

J

j.

Vivien said:
When you buy this product from Mexico do you need to provide prescription?

LOL, no. They call them third world countries for a reason.

pimpomproduct

You can get Thyroid-S and Thiroyd safely through us, we ship to Australia. In case you want it.
Visit our website if you want to know more.

Gran Turisma

Hi Vivien,

You can buy Dr Ron's Ultra Pure freeze dried Thyroid (with liver) from Green Pastures, Australia. (edit). This is thyroid from organic, free range cows, and no excipients are added, so it's the best you can get. One bottle of 180 caps is $90, so it's pretty expensive, but you get what you pay for. I like to think that the healthier the animal, the better quality the supplement, and the better it is for my own body.

You can also buy it cheaper, directly from Dr Ron at (edit). Just email to ask about shipping to Australia.

Each cap is 30mg thyroid = 1/2 grain.

BTW, are you following an inflammation free diet? No gluten, sulphites, excessive fructose, inflammatory oils, other weird foods too exotic to our bodies? Ray's information on inflammatory oils was a God send to me when I finally realised that it must be inflammatory foods that were causing my adrenal fatigue, and so went on a mission to find what those foods were.

I was already on a gluten free diet, but that only fixed half my symptoms (I also had Hashimotos, but was still experiencing symptoms). As soon as I removed all veg oils except for olive/palm/coconut, stopped eating nuts and seeds (except true nuts like macadamias - raw or dry roasted only), lots of avocado, and basically any foods that had high levels of Omega 6 and (rancid) veg oil, wow, what a difference. My Hashimotos symptoms disappeared! My energy is amazing now by comparison! I had a puffy eyelid that went back to normal after many years. Now, when I get symptoms, I know what it was that I slacked off with and ate. I don't need a thyroid supplement. I just need to correct my diet. :)