Butyrate Stimulates Leptin Expression

Elephanto

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22122897

Leptin induces pro-inflammatory cytokines such as tnf-alpha and il-6, reduce il-10, and is linked to various cancers. It apparently has some neuro-protective effects (explaining the obese paradox), but from what I found the same benefits can be achieved without leptin (taurine, coffee for instance).

Well this really makes sense on a evolutionary aspect, despite what Ray said about butter and coconut oil potentially promoting butyrate, they aren't even 1% as effective as ingesting resistant starch or dietary fiber. What this mean is that we probably aren't meant to eat starch.

haidut

Elephanto said:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22122897

Leptin induces pro-inflammatory cytokines such as tnf-alpha and il-6, reduce il-10, and is linked to various cancers. It apparently has some neuro-protective effects (explaining the obese paradox), but from what I found the same benefits can be achieved without leptin (taurine, coffee for instance).

Well this really makes sense on a evolutionary aspect, despite what Ray said about butter and coconut oil potentially promoting butyrate, they aren't even 1% as effective as ingesting resistant starch or dietary fiber. What this mean is that we probably aren't meant to eat starch.

AFAIK, Ray is actually strongly against leptin and he also said that while butyrate may treat cancer it is quite inflammatory together with acetate and proprionate. The gut serotonin study I posted a while ago found the same thing about the three SCFA.

pboy

^^ I think they harm the liver also. I was fumigated a while back in an apartment I was living in with acetone chemicals, I know....usually acetate doesn't become that for a while in the body, but even if im cleaning the place with vinegar my liver would get irritated. I used to drink a lot of whole milk and at the end of the day, at night, inevitably, id feel like major stomach acid burning and rushes, and that stopped when I went to lower fat after a few days. So that totally makes sense...and again, the bodies senses are sensitive for a reason. Things that smell sour and rotten like that are going to have some negative effect somewhere in the body. The way something smells or is sensed in the consciousness is just the bodies way of talking to you. People think they are tough for ingesting ACV and hot peppers and stuff...like IM A MAN!! and they still have the religious, school, mentality of more pushing against the grain and pain = somehow movement towards success...really its just inharmonious and stupid and takes you closer to your life being a prison and hell, for not listening

Parsifal

AFAIK, Ray is actually strongly against leptin and he also said that while butyrate may treat cancer it is quite inflammatory together with acetate and proprionate. The gut serotonin study I posted a while ago found the same thing about the three SCFA.

Is there any problem with acetate in Retinil?