BUTTER BRICKLE CANDY

BingDing

1 c. sugar
1/4 c. water
1/2 lb. butter

Mix sugar, water and butter. Cover the pan and bring slowly to the boiling point. Remove cover and stir occasionally. Stir constantly as mixture cooks down. Cook until it darkens and begins to smoke. Pour out on buttered pan (large cookie sheet). [While still warm (not hot) put squares of milk chocolate on top. Spread to form the topping. Sprinkle with chopped nuts if desired. Break into pieces.]

Avoid the bracketed part of course [or do whatever you want to ;) ]. Found in a thread on Peatarian.com, the original is from Cooks.com.

So many treats to try! I think the butter is gonna move this to the head of the line.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Somebody please hold me back! :rolling

Gummy mush, check.

My favorite drink in the whole wide world, lemonade, check.

Butter Brickle Candy, here I come!

Paleo and low carb. Pffffffft! :neener

Thank you BingDing!

OP
BingDing

BingDing

Well, I had everything so gave it a try. I love this kind of candy!

I chose a 2 qt pot from my collection and threw the three ingredients in and turned it on low. Took about 8 minutes to boil and after 10 minutes not much was happening so turned it up to medium. It still took 10+ minutes to cook all the water off. Pour it into your cookie sheet as soon as it starts smoking, if you run over to your computer to look at the recipe it'll keep cooking and taste a little stronger than ideal. It cooled off quicker than I expected so no melted chocolate on this batch. I had to alternate brickle and chocolate, hah.

Lots of fun. Toffee and caramel can't be far away.