Buteyko Teachers. Help With Asthma And Panic Attacks

Manwithnoname

Hello. I am a young man who has struggled with a plethora of symptoms. But the two most common are panic attacks and dyspnea. I recently figured out through a pulmonologist that I have asthma(although symptoms such as wheezing and coughing are minimal) and sleep apnea. I am was wondering if anyone here is a buteyko teacher or is certified. Especially those by Artour Rachimov. If any of you teach I do want to know if you are available for lessons as I am tired of relying on medicine and steroids to get me through life. Its expensive!

InChristAlone

It's basically training yourself to breathe less. And always through the nose. I have to tape my mouth at night because of mouth breathing.

Last edited:

biffbelvin

You're best off googling for Buteyko practitioners in your area so you can get training in person.

I don't have asthma, but have struggled with dyspnea and used to suffer from hypoxic symptoms on a daily basis. Below are some additional measures to Buteyko that I found instrumental in managing it.
  1. Moderate Exercise daily. For me this involves swimming twice a week (30 minutes, breast stroke) and doing my own tailored body-weight/pilates routine. I assume this is mostly down to raising heart rate, improving circulation and raising C02. Even when feeling faint/dizzy, this is the single most effective counter to Hypoxia/dyspnea.
  2. Avoiding Sedentary behaviour. I.E, frequent breaks from the computer and stuff. If I wanted to induce a panic attack for some perverse reason, the number one way I would do this is by sitting at a computer for 8 hours. Nowadays, rather than watching TV I'll do some drawing stood at an easel (with a stool to alternate sitting a bit).
  3. Getting a good nights sleep. It's hard to just 'get a good nights sleep', particularly with sleep apnea, but it's important to give yourself the best chance possible by adopting good sleep hygiene, giving yourself space to get 8 hours, going to bed at the same time and avoiding eating an hour or so before.
  4. Maintaining steady blood sugar with 3 square meals and suitable snacking. I've found that having OJ and hydrolyzed collagen is a great way to steady this out
You might want to look into inclined bed therapy too, particularly for the sleep apnea. I've only been doing it for a week but, I already feel noticeably better when waking. The stiffness in my legs is markedly reduced, so i assume circulation is much better.

Hello. I am a young man who has struggled with a plethora of symptoms. But the two most common are panic attacks and dyspnea. I recently figured out through a pulmonologist that I have asthma(although symptoms such as wheezing and coughing are minimal) and sleep apnea. I am was wondering if anyone here is a buteyko teacher or is certified. Especially those by Artour Rachimov. If any of you teach I do want to know if you are available for lessons as I am tired of relying on medicine and steroids to get me through life. Its expensive!

Manwithnoname, I am an Advanced Buteyko Instructor & have worked with h Asthma & sleep apnea & digestive issues clients.
You can read my case studies and people who have done the advanced course here Teya Skae M.A. - Buteyko Breathing Instructor | Advanced Buteyko Institute

You don't need to physically see the practitioners for Buteyko. worldwide Skype works best. There are 2 schools of BUTEYKO 1/ classic Buteyko which Artour and Sasha Yakovlava teach & 2. Advanced who was taught by Buteyko's original Russian teacher in the 1990's for which you NEED an instructor. Why? The breathing centre is located in Medulla Oblongata in the reptilian/survival brain. When people start doing Breath holds and challenge their duration, the reptilian part of the brain gets triggered. You can also experience short-term temporary detox because when the body - the brain, liver, muscles get MORE oxygen the body improves & at times
we need more electrolytes & your practitioner will adjust your breathing sets as progress happens.
Buteyko affects 200 chemical pathways in the body. You need an instructor to make stunning progress in 30 days otherwise be prepared for month and months of doing mechanical breath holds for up to 2 hours a day as classic Buteyko people do to manage & dissolve asthma. It really does work when you follow the Advanced Program for 30 consecutive days not dabbling here or there. Breathing the nose is a must for HEALTH & performance & to overcome asthma or get of CPAP machines as one of my clients did in 45 days requires practising the Advanced Buteyko method daily. I guarantee it :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom