Buteyko Control Pause And Temperature Sweet Spot?

Uselis

Hey all,

I've been reading every carbon dioxide related thread here and practicing on and off with rebreathing device.

I usually have ok temperature (36.8C) but my control pause is pathetic (10-12sec). Anytime I try to raise via rebreathing device I get sluggish, cold and stimulated in a bad way. I read here that higher control pause not necceseraly a great thing as measures to achieve it usually lowers metabolism and stresses thyroid.

What do you think is a sweet spot where control pause is high enough but doesn't affect temperature yet? I heard somewhere 40seconds and 36.6-37.1c for temperature.

Whats been your experience?

Thanks

OP
U

Uselis

33 - 38 seconds

at 37c or so

Because anything higher actually requires stuff like slightly undereating, more intense breathing sessions and even running or cold showers which obviously big no?

I mean at 33-38sec and 37c give or take we're still are in warm, relaxed, energetic state right?

Because anything higher actually requires stuff like slightly undereating, more intense breathing sessions and even running or cold showers which obviously big no?

I mean at 33-38sec and 37c give or take we're still are in warm, relaxed, energetic state right?

i think so.

OP
U

Uselis

i think so.

I don't want to create numerous threads on subject but perhaps you know why bag breathing is totally different experience vs Frolov for me?

With bag I do feel warm, relaxed, energetic but Frolov (even 1 minute) creates immediate stress response for me.

Also, you tried so much stuff yourself so likely have strong opinion on it. Do you think bag breathing alone, taping mouth at night and 24/7 nose breathing enough to get you up to 30sec+ CP?

Thank you

I don't thing bag breathing with taping and nose breathing can help reach a CP over 30. But combined with breathing exercises while walking, it could work. I think you need to do breathing exercises to get a CP over 30 from a low CP starting point.

Exercising while doing breathing exercises can get you there.

Frolov has to be approached gradually -- if you were feeling stressed you were overdoing your existing fitness and CO2 levels.

OP
U

Uselis

My CP is 60s+ and my temperature is 37C-37.2C.

Are you living in a Himalayas? :D

Jokes aside to maintain such impressive numbers do you have to do all non "Peat" stuff that is recommended within Buteyko circles such as jogging, avoiding dairy/caffeine, keeping creative energy down (hence excitement won't mess up breathing)?

Thanks

Jekkyl

Are you living in a Himalayas? :D

Jokes aside to maintain such impressive numbers do you have to do all non "Peat" stuff that is recommended within Buteyko circles such as jogging, avoiding dairy/caffeine, keeping creative energy down (hence excitement won't mess up breathing)?

Thanks
I haven't heard about keeping the creative energy down. It's recommended to do things you enjoy. Only guy who mentions similar neurotic tendencies is Rhakimov from normal breathing.

I exercise a fair bit, lifting weights x4 times a week + bike + walking.

Lizb

What's your CP?
I'm currently 15 ish in the morning and can get 40 easily in the afternoons. I'm currently doubting, feeling cynical, cross about it all so am not with a practitioner and occasionally doing the practices but maintaining basics like mouth closed, talking correctly, keeping the breathing quiet and walking within the breath ability. I have lung disease.

I did get to 25 morning consistently and anything up to 75 daytime but the classical method gave me such severe symptoms that I couldn't sustain it. I tried it for four years so I was pretty determined.

Jekkyl

I'm currently 15 ish in the morning and can get 40 easily in the afternoons. I'm currently doubting, feeling cynical, cross about it all so am not with a practitioner and occasionally doing the practices but maintaining basics like mouth closed, talking correctly, keeping the breathing quiet and walking within the breath ability. I have lung disease.

I did get to 25 morning consistently and anything up to 75 daytime but the classical method gave me such severe symptoms that I couldn't sustain it. I tried it for four years so I was pretty determined.

If you have a serious lung disease and not just asthma/COPD you should actually talk to Rhakimov. He tend to know how to avoid side effects (which you WILL experience) and whatnot.

Even if you hit 2 minutes CP during the day but your MCP is lower than 40s, you won't recover.

Lizb

If you have a serious lung disease and not just asthma/COPD you should actually talk to Rhakimov. He tend to know how to avoid side effects (which you WILL experience) and whatnot.

Even if you hit 2 minutes CP during the day but your MCP is lower than 40s, you won't recover.
Ok thank you. He'll have me eating keto.

Jekkyl

Ok thank you. He'll have me eating keto.

You can just say no. Artour says that most people feel awful on keto and pkd but it's a tool to help you reach high CP. Buteyko has no prescribed diet like Buteyko himself said.

TheSir

I haven't heard about keeping the creative energy down. It's recommended to do things you enjoy. Only guy who mentions similar neurotic tendencies is Rhakimov from normal breathing.

I exercise a fair bit, lifting weights x4 times a week + bike + walking.
On Rakhimov's site it is said that dental decay can halt progress at around 30 CP. Do you know if this is the matter only when the caries has exposed the root, or will this happen even when the caries has not completely progressed through the dentin? I have been hovering at 25-30 for months and trying to figure out if I have been too lazy and inconsistent about the practice or if I'm being held back by a focal infection. Getting to 20-25 was pretty straightforward, but from here on the progress became slower.

- I have several moderately decayed teeth, although to my knowledge none of them have progressed to the root.
- My routine has been reduced breathing 2-3x 20 min per day while sitting or lying down. Not demanding enough?

Jekkyl

On Rakhimov's site it is said that dental decay can halt progress at around 30 CP. Do you know if this is the matter only when the caries has exposed the root, or will this happen even when the caries has not completely progressed through the dentin? I have been hovering at 25-30 for months and trying to figure out if I have been too lazy and inconsistent about the practice or if I'm being held back by a focal infection. Getting to 20-25 was pretty straightforward, but from here on the progress became slower.

- I have several moderately decayed teeth, although to my knowledge none of them have progressed to the root.
- My routine has been reduced breathing 2-3x 20 min per day while sitting or lying down. Not demanding enough?

You either need to increase the amount of breathing exercises you do or add 1-2 hours of physical exercise.

If you can't progress, then yes, you might need to look into tooth decay and focal infections. Doing multiple rinses with Listerine a day and other hygiene stuff, you might be able to temporarily break into 30s. But if it's a serious infection, then it'll drop down after a few days.

(Also, MCP is king)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals