Burning feet since super low fat

PeatThemAll

Hi. Weird combination: every time I go super low fat (all types) yet keep on eating as many carbs as before, my feet get more sensitive (red, burning feel) but no inflammation (oedema, water retention) type of swelling (veins pop out as before).

At first I thought uric acid, gout, fructose but since the only change in diet is lower fat, that's not it. Supplements (or not) doesn't change this either.

Any ideas? Skin is drier everywhere overall too.

tara

I don't know if this is key for you, but one possible effect of reducing fat to very low could be an increase in metabolism, and therefore an increase in demand for many nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, protein, and overall calories. What was enough nutrition at higher fat may not be enough with very low fat.
Did you see Peat's references to the Burr's experiment with low fat in some of his articles about fats and sugars? His take is that subsequent experiments demonstrated that the symptoms they attributed to EFA deficiency were actually a result of B6 deficiency.

OP
P

PeatThemAll

tara said:
post 104087 I don't know if this is key for you, but one possible effect of reducing fat to very low could be an increase in metabolism, and therefore an increase in demand for many nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, protein, and overall calories. What was enough nutrition at higher fat may not be enough with very low fat.
Did you see Peat's references to the Burr's experiment with low fat in some of his articles about fats and sugars? His take is that subsequent experiments demonstrated that the symptoms they attributed to EFA deficiency were actually a result of B6 deficiency.

Thank you Tara. Makes sense.

On the safe side, I resumed supplementing (wide spectrum, bodybuilding type i.e. Animal Paks, one half of a pack) last night.

Feeling a bit better this morning. No supps this morning (still peeing last night's intake) with the exception of 1 tsp of coconut oil (processed) as well as vitamins A,D,E,K and zinc.

Not a big fan of fats overall, as they tend to stop my digestion and make me bloat for far long than it should. So going for 1 tsp coconut oil per meal max. Which would be in line with, to my recall, Dr. Peat's 1 tbsp a day recommendation.

Last edited by a moderator:

jaywills

PeatThemAll,

What is your reasoning behind being super low fat?
What does you diet look like in terms of kcals, ratios of P/C/F and what foodstuffs are you consuming. How much liquid etc.

OP
P

PeatThemAll

Basically, minimal fat to 1) reduce endotoxin, 2) do a PUFA depletion experience similar to what the Burrs did (see link below).

http://www.westonaprice.org/health-topi ... -perilous/

I tend to feel significantly better (energy-wise, overall) following this type of diet. Fats, especially animal (saturated) make me feel blah (lethargic). The lesser the better, up to a point. Now I have to find out what nutrient is missing or the fat sweet spot.

OP
P

PeatThemAll

Quick update: adding 1 tsp of (refined) coconut oil 2 times yesterday diminished the skin and feelz issues by half.

Will try 1 tbsp total (1 tsp / meal) today.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals