Bulletproof Coffee (in Store) Has Gellan Gum & Acacia Gum

Grapelander

Well I saw bulletproof coffee at Grocery Outlet Bargain Market.
Looked at the ingredients and it has gellan gum and gum acacia.
When I went to the Bulletproof website - they actually hide those on the label.
I had to go to a different vendor to see these ingredients online.

Gellan Gum is a water-soluble anionic polysaccharide produced by the bacterium Sphingomonas elodea (formerly Pseudomonas elodea based on the taxonomic classification at the time of its discovery).[1]. The gellan-producing bacterium was discovered and isolated by the former Kelco Division of Merck & Company, Inc. in 1978 from the lily plant tissue from a natural pond in Pennsylvania, USA. It was initially identified as a substitute gelling agent at significantly lower use level to replace agar in solid culture media for the growth of various microorganisms.[2]

Gum Acacia (the industry is pushing as a functional food)
Side effects that have been reported in studies include early morning nausea, mild diarrhea, and abdominal bloating, particularly during the first week.
Due to a lack of research, little is known about the safety of long-term use of high doses of acacia fiber.

boris

They sell it directly on their website without listing the full ingredients anywhere on the product page, is that even legal?

Lejeboca

It's a scam. Just buy coffee
Deadly mixture, indeed. They have "sugar alcohols" in addition to the "gums". They hide all these "other ingredients" in the Q&A section IMG_20200618_231913.jpg

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom