Bulletproof CEO Dave Asprey & Whole Foods CEO John Mackey

kayumochi

100% agree with this. Whole Foods carries good stuff that nobody else around me carries, particularly with respect to milk options. I'm not sure what the "bodies on display" thing is about, maybe a lot of posters live in San Francisco?

nope. not in SF. you need to get out more :)

theLaw

Soooo...someone gives you some reasonable facts that rationally counter your knee-jerk beliefs and you resort to caustic, hyperbolic, irrelevant rhetoric to rebut. What are you, 12?

I'm so sorry you're having a serotonin day, sweetie. Maybe your estrogen will go down soon if you do some vitamin E and progesterone. Or maybe they'll do a vote recount that will put Hilary in the White House so your vote magically counts for something again, thereby making everything right with the world. I'll pray for ya.

P.S. Clearly I use both stores on a regular basis, or I wouldn't know so much about what's at either of them. So I don't hate Publix. Logic would tell you that, if you had any at your disposal.

I am. But I think Publix has expanded to some other areas in the Southeast so not sure where Mr. Johnny Law is.

It was just a joke, but it's clear that we will not be able to get along.

Best of luck to you!:cool:

theLaw

At first I thought this was a dumb comment, then I skimmed through the video. +1

I noticed to this as well......especially lately.

Both have been obese at some point in their life, and I assume Jones is on T much like Asprey.

Not to mention they're both on a gang of supplements..........never get high on your own supply.:D

Kyle M

I noticed to this as well......especially lately.

Both have been obese at some point in their life, and I assume Jones is on T much like Asprey.

Not to mention they're both on a gang of supplements..........never get high on your own supply.:D
There's a puffiness that many men get in middle age. Also a distention of the gut, even when they are relatively lean. I think it's serotonin/HGH giving hypertrophy to the smooth muscles around the gut tube.

whodathunkit

It was just a joke, but it's clear that we will not be able to get along.
Extreme smart-assery doesn't often play well without body language cues. But I'll take your word for it, and in the same vein, withdraw my own hyperbolic and irrelevant snarky comments.

I don't think this means that we can't get along, though. Unless we really are 12 and one difference of opinion resulting in a tiff means that one or the other or both of us is an irredeemable doodyhead in perpetuity. ;) I'm already over it.

encerent

Publix grassmilk is homogenized (at least at my local Publixes). WF sells non-homogenized.

Publix doesn't have grassfed oxtail or stewbones...only steak and ground beef. And you can get grassfed steak and groundbeef cheaper at Walmart than Publix. Publix's prices on organic beef muscle meat is the same or more expensive than WF.

Publix doesn't sell grassfed cheese. WF does.

Publix doesn't sell organic grassfed beef liver. WF does.

Publix doesn't sell organic baking cocoa (which I mix with milk and sugar in my Ninja blender for chocolate milk 100% better than anything off the shelf). WF does.

Publix's selection of organic frozen fruits is very small, limited to berries. WF has organic berries, cherries, mangoes, and peaches.

Publix only sells Uncle Matt's organic OJ, which is more expensive than WF store brand. The price of Uncle Matt's at Publix is exactly the same price as WF.

Publix does usually have organic bagged oranges, which are usually better than WF bagged oranges, and cheaper.

Publix also has one good brand of raw organic honey that's a lot cheaper than WF.

But Publix doesn't sell loose organic baking potatoes...only bagged organic russets, which are usually too small for good baking. WF sells loose potatoes.

WF organic jasmine rice is a bigger bag, cheaper, and tastes better than anything offered at Publix.

Even my local organic markets, which I would definitely prefer to patronize over a chain, don't sell all these things. I would have to cover 30 miles and shop at three different stores and still probably couldn't get the non-homogenized grass milk.

So if you're looking to actually *shop* somewhere for your Peaty lifestyle, as opposed to just picking up a specific item or two, WF is by far the best bet.

I've thought a lot about why there's so much anti-WF sentiment out there. I think it's simply because it was so obnoxiously trendy for a while, attracted a lot of snobby, trendy people with elitist mindsets. Plus, it could be really overpriced.

But these days it's mostly just a one-stop grocery store where you can get serious food for your healthy lifestyle that you can't get anywhere else. Normal-acting and normal-looking people shop there. Prices are still kind of high but they're high for organic and natural anywhere. That's the economic market at work.

Of course there may be regional differences, but anyone shopping at Publix is in my region. You might consider re-trying WF.

And no, I don't work there. :lol: I'm just against irrational bias, and I still see some of it around WF.

my groceries would be like 1200/month if I got organic/grassfed everything.

whodathunkit

my groceries would be like 1200/month if I got organic/grassfed everything.
Wow, what do you eat? Do you buy for more than one person? Or just eat a lot? For myself only I spend between $400-600/month, usually more towards the $400 end. Sometimes less.

aquaman

IMO Mackey looks quite a bit older than his age...I would put him at 70 or so, just looking at him.

On the google image search he could easily pass for early 50s.

But n=1 is irrelevant. However I don't think he looks at all bad for a guy who is 63!

whodathunkit

But n=1 is irrelevant. However I don't think he looks at all bad for a guy who is 63!
It's truly subjective. I admittedly also have laser eyes for signs of aging. It's not critical in the negative sense, just an objective appraisal. But when I was in my '20's I definitely didn't. It's something that happened as I got older. Happens to a lot of people, I think. I can also spot "work" (tiny signs of face lifts, fillers, etc.) from quite a distance away. :D

Elysium

Surreal. Two guys with obvious weight issues arguing about healthy nutrition.

Mackey's waist to hip ratio seems awful, and he clearly has gyno. Even though anthropologically he seems predisposed to be skinny. I wonder what his estrogen levels are, because he looks rather feminine.

Asprey seems to have water retention issues, but upon closer inspection it is just fat.

OP
Dessert_All_Day
Mackey's waist to hip ratio seems awful, and he clearly has gyno. Even though anthropologically he seems predisposed to be skinny. I wonder what his estrogen levels are, because he looks rather feminine.

I had these thoughts as well.

encerent

Peat looks better than either of them at 80 years old. Both of these guys look really creepy especially David Assspray

encerent

Wow, what do you eat? Do you buy for more than one person? Or just eat a lot? For myself only I spend between $400-600/month, usually more towards the $400 end. Sometimes less.

I eat most the the things here. about 3500 kcal/day. I juice about 6-8 lbs of oranges every day. If i bought organic this would be extremely expensive. It's already expensive. I eat a lot of ground beef @ 2.99/lb. Grass-fed organic would cost a lot more.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals