Bulging Veins On Head From GOMAD

Potato

Hi all,

So I started to drink a gallon of milk a day and I get terrible flatulence from it. I'm hoping it goes away after my body gets used to the milk. Anyway, the problem is that now every evening all the veins in my head start to bulge like crazy and that's the time when the flatulence is at it's worst. Does anyone know why GOMAD would cause my veins to bulge and does this go away in time when my body adjusts to milk?

OP
Potato

Potato

Just figured out that the bulging veins was because I burnt my head in the sun badly.. :D

DaveFoster

w2woj.jpg

Are you drinking whole milk? The fat has a lot of estrogen and can negatively impact digestion.

OP
Potato

Potato

Yes I'm drinking whole milk. The only choice for me to get enough calories and I can't tolerate any added retinyl palmitate. I believe that your body gets better at digesting different things if you just give it time to get used to new foods.

tara

If your system is out of the habit of milk, it may not be making enough of the lactase enzyme to break down the lactose sugars in it. That could cause gut issues. Might be worth backing off and gradually increasing by smaller amounts, to see if you can readapt to it. Some people apparently can.

Depending on what you were doing before, I wonder whether you massively increased the amount of fluids you are drinking, or the amount you are drinking in one go? That might affect things. Also, if you drank a large amount of very cold milk in one go, the cold might have an effect? If any of those things were big changes, then you could try more gradual changes, and drinking in moderation - eg no more than a glass at a time.

OP
Potato

Potato

It really seems like the sun triggers the veins to bulge. The veins were totally gone again and on monday I went for a two hour walk in very hot and sunny weather, got my skin burned again and the veins have been bulging for four days straight. Last time it was the same, no veins, on monday and tuesday long walks in sun, burned skin and veins started to bulge. The veins were gone by the weekend. I have read that when your hot your veins get to the surface to cool down, but why this is so extreme in me and why no one else has this happening.. :confused:

Djukami

Dairy also gives me bulging veins at night. Jesus, why this happens? Not only that I can easily get dizzy and start to see all black if I get up too quickly.

Some say that it's low blood pressure, so increase salt intake is the solution, but seeing the veins like this it seems to me I'm having actually high blood pressure. Dang, I wish I had a machine with me to check my BP...