Building A Peat Friendly Home

Amazoniac

Search for images with variations of the following terms: 'circadian/dynamic/tunable lighting office/classroom'
The first results should be enough to convince you on how chronic exposure to warm tones-only during the day isn't cool; it's mellowing, dangerous and should be regulated as drugs. If they doesn't suffice, there are experiments on academic performance under different lighting. To avoid burning out, there are proposals to cycle between cooler and warmer tones to boost attention and then recover.

I keep a few slaves in captivity, it's a windowless cage (but Hawaiian theme on walls), so this has been of help:
- Turning Smashed TVs into Realistic Artificial Daylight

Smaller windows in bedroom so as to let less light in.

why small window and less light,

Me i want a big glass window but when close it should be noise free as in no sound can pass through.

So i can have sun privately without going out. I can lay down naked.

JamesGatz

Ray replied to me the following when I asked him about building a Peat-friendly home:
" It depends on the climate. Thick cement walls, with insulination on the outside, keep the temperature relatively steady, so that the day’s heat keeps the nights warm, and cool nights keep the days from overheating. My favorite houses have been adobe, with thick mud walls and high ceilings. For example, an old house in Mexico with neither heating nor cooling stayed around 69 degrees F most of the time. "

Lejeboca

Re: windows
Do not forget the window position lower to the floor to accommodate pets such that there's at least one full-height window to not make the animal feel imprisoned.
1658028247078.png

1658028319588.png
[\SPOILER]

(see also Environmental Enrichment: Practical Strategies for Improving Feline Welfare)

Waynish

Toggles for WiFi, testing for dirty electricity, not running power cables close to where beds will be, as big of windows as you can afford, whole house filtration system, not living near cell towers and power stations, having a big garden, having a lot of light behind any screens you use for hours... For more you can $ me :P

I guess Peat's house might be for sale...