Brushing And Toothpaste

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

I brush my teeth once a week, maybe less...I'm not proud of this and I wish I was more diligent, but I tend to be an aggressive brusher so brushing too often might be hard on my gums. My teeth don't stain despite heavy coffee drinking, not sure why?

I use a sonic toothbrush & Earthpaste when I do brush. I scrape my tongue daily and floss once or twice a week. I rinse with hydrogen peroxide/water with a Viajet Pro on occasion. I haven't used fluoride in any form for decades.

For some reason my body never makes tartar, haven't been to a dentist in many years. I have three or four very small fillings from childhood, I replaced the mercury with composite material 16 years ago.

View attachment 2535
It has been a long time since you uploaded that picture but I'm still impressed, especially considering that you don't put much effort.
How is your tongue? If it's also effortlessly clean, was it always like that?

Jsaute21

I am using Sri Lanka's toothpaste, awesome stuff. Me and my friends that are using it reported about more white teeth.
Supirvicky.

Supirivicky is made from herbal ingredients known for their healing and restorative effects on gums, teeth, throat and tongue. Supirivicky helps to control tooth decay, and the discolouration of teeth. It also reduces the formation of tartar. No artificial sweeteners, fluoride, dyes or chemical preservatives are used in the manufacture of the toothpaste.

■Ingredients : Chebulic Myrobalan, Garcinia, Clove Tree Flower, Cinnamon, Liquorice, Purple Tephrosia Root, Black Pepper, Mimisops elengi(A decoction of the bark of this tree is used as a gargle for diseases of the gums and teeth, and is also taken internally for discharges of the mucous membranes of the bladder and urethra.)

Do you still use this toothpaste? The ingredients look great...

Buttercup

I've been considering with the stopping the coffee due to my concerns about long term stains of my teeth (yes, I'm vein).

I love coffee (too much), so that would easily be incredibly difficult for me to do.

Dave Clark

I know this sounds like it would do the reverse, but I have read many times to brush your teeth with activated charcoal. Yeah, it makes everything black, but when you rinse it out the black goes away. Apparently, the AC absorbs the stains. They say it is not abrasive to the enamel. Anyway, give it a search,and they tell you how to use it. I personally do not know if it works. Made me think of it since AC is a Peat item.

Ulla

Do you still use this toothpaste? The ingredients look great...

Yes I do, for three years now. I am buying it on ebay.
I don't have problems with teeth or gums at all. No tartar (but many factors play a role here).
I have a white smile (not a celebrity like, but ordinary white smile).
It has a little spicy taste but you get used to it in two days.

BUT
the ingredients has changed in meantime. I was buying the first version most of the time, but apparently they've changed the ingredients and I don't know what to think about that. A toothbrush usually isn't swallowed so I guess no big harm done.

The first/original one:

Changed ingredients:

Queequeg

I've been considering with the stopping the coffee due to my concerns about long term stains of my teeth (yes, I'm vein).

I love coffee (too much), so that would easily be incredibly difficult for me to do.
not sure if this was mentioned already but oil pulling with coconut oil really whitened my teeth and I drink tons of coffee. Lots of youtube videos showing very impressive before and after pics. Takes about 2-3 weeks of daily oil pulling to first start seeing results. Then you can back off to a few times a week or less maybe.

Buttercup

not sure if this was mentioned already but oil pulling with coconut oil really whitened my teeth and I drink tons of coffee. Lots of youtube videos showing very impressive before and after pics. Takes about 2-3 weeks of daily oil pulling to first start seeing results. Then you can back off to a few times a week or less maybe.

Thanks. I'm definitely going to try this. Coconut oil; and there seem to be a few other interesting things you could potentially add (maybe even a drop or two of methylene blue?). I'm still skeptical of the teeth whitening effect, but I am definitely up for this in relation to the health benefits.

Queequeg

Thanks. I'm definitely going to try this. Coconut oil; and there seem to be a few other interesting things you could potentially add (maybe even a drop or two of methylene blue?). I'm still skeptical of the teeth whitening effect, but I am definitely up for this in relation to the health benefits.
I think the coconut oil would absorb all the methylene blue as it is also supposed to suck out other chemicals from the blood stream. not sure just something to think about

bornamachine

I brush twice a day (sometimes 3) I use nimbus brushes which are AWESOME and dessert essence toothpaste which does have sls in it unfortunately. Want to try the Sri Lanka toothpaste as someone recommend in this post.

Ulla

I brush twice a day (sometimes 3) I use nimbus brushes which are AWESOME and dessert essence toothpaste which does have sls in it unfortunately. Want to try the Sri Lanka toothpaste as someone recommend in this post.

Unfortunately the fabric has changed the ingredients and the new version of that Ayurvedic toothpaste has also SLS in it. :confused

EIRE24

Awe, thank you lindsay darling :kiss:. My skin has some pretty horrendous acne scars which are hard to see in this pic (covered with powder), I'll work on that as soon as I fix my blood sugar issues.

I too love Denise Minger's writing, she is so refreshingly honest, articulate and bright!!!

And like you, I absolutely could not live without cheese!!! In the first half of my Paleo years my teeth went translucent and I developed kidney stones. Adding TONS of cheese, dropping spinach from my diet and general cortisol/stress reduction has been so helpful.:hammock
My teeth have gone translucent at the front and also I have developed kidney stones. How did you repair the translucent teeth and get rid of the kidney stones?

bornamachine

Unfortunately the fabric has changed the ingredients and the new version of that Ayurvedic toothpaste has also SLS in it. :confused
Are you sure? Do you have a picture of the ingredients?

This image won't show.

In the article he agrees irrigation works when done correctly,
But it's usually done incorrectly According to him

Hope this helps

Last edited:
can't post the image but my original link
Has all the info and images,very detailed
And a long read.

I think most healthy people probably don't

Need to do everything he suggests,but if your
Health ( and especially dental health is compromised)
I imagine these procedures would greatly help.

If I had known about this 20 years ago I probably
Would have held onto my teeth

I would strongly advise any one with dental problems to
Read the complete article.

Last edited:

Queequeg

This may help

page13image19180
Still not showing. sometimes the photo upload doesnt work. Maybe try saving it on your hardrive and then uploading it

Can you give a link to that article you reference?
edit just found it in the first article thanks

Queequeg

I think you mean this one. Sh*t Ive been doing it wrong for a long time

upload_2017-7-7_14-13-31.png

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals