Brushing And Toothpaste

I brush my teeth once a week, maybe less...I'm not proud of this and I wish I was more diligent, but I tend to be an aggressive brusher so brushing too often might be hard on my gums. My teeth don't stain despite heavy coffee drinking, not sure why?

I use a sonic toothbrush & Earthpaste when I do brush. I scrape my tongue daily and floss once or twice a week. I rinse with hydrogen peroxide/water with a Viajet Pro on occasion. I haven't used fluoride in any form for decades.

For some reason my body never makes tartar, haven't been to a dentist in many years. I have three or four very small fillings from childhood, I replaced the mercury with composite material 16 years ago.

TEETH.jpg

ilovethesea

I think this is from estrogen. Getting displaced from tissues and then moving out. Or even possibly estrogen increasing from like you said, too fast of metabolism raise.

Slow and easy is the way. :2cents:

Interesting. I hope it means estrogen is leaving. I know I probably ramped up thyroid too soon when I started (2013) but things are stabilized now... I started noticing the gum issues maybe a year or so ago. I think I have a couple tiny cavities too but no pain.

You had gum recession if I remember correctly right Charlie? Did you ever find anything that helped?

Peata

My gums started receding some during the time my estrogen dominance went up (all the symptoms I was having).

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Did you ever find anything that helped?
Everything Peaty. :D I am really liking this vitamin K though. Seems to be working well.

I pushed way too hard at first too and like you things are stabilizing. I don't regret pushing too hard, might as well make all the mistakes so I can let all the people coming in behind me what to look out for. :ugeek:

"If you will, liken your body to a 2 mile long, loaded down freight train. If you try and accelerate like a drag car, it's going to make a heck of a racket and things are probably gonna break. Slow and easy is the way."

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
My gums started receding some during the time my estrogen dominance went up (all the symptoms I was having).
Matches my observations.

Peata

Everything Peaty. :D I am really liking this vitamin K though. Seems to be working well.

I pushed way too hard at first too and like you things are stabilizing. I don't regret pushing too hard, might as well make all the mistakes so I can let all the people coming in behind me what to look out for. :ugeek:

"If you will, liken your body to a 2 mile long, loaded down freight train. If you try and accelerate like a drag car, it's going to make a heck of a racket and things are probably gonna break. Slow and easy is the way."

Vit K, 15 mg per day, right? And that helped with tartar and/or gums?

Peata

I brush my teeth once a week, maybe less...I'm not proud of this and I wish I was more diligent, but I tend to be an aggressive brusher so brushing too often might be hard on my gums. My teeth don't stain despite heavy coffee drinking, not sure why?

I use a sonic toothbrush & Earthpaste when I do brush. I scrape my tongue daily and floss once or twice a week. I rinse with hydrogen peroxide/water with a Viajet Pro on occasion. I haven't used fluoride in any form for decades.

For some reason my body never makes tartar, haven't been to a dentist in many years. I have three or four very small fillings from childhood, I replaced the mercury with composite material 16 years ago.

View attachment 2535

Very lovely, BP.

I may look into the sonicare toothbrush too, if it can help with tartar. Unfortunately, I do get that buildup. I'm also a hard brusher and try not to be.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Vit K, 15 mg per day, right?
I am up to about 4 drops a day of haiduts Kuinone. It says 1.5mgs per drop.

And that helped with tartar and/or gums?
Yes, seems to be helping both. Which makes sense about estrogen and gum health. Vitamin K should help the liver and that would reduce estrogen.

Unfortunately, I do get that buildup

Some people seem to be very prone to this, is it a vitamin K thing? I dunno. I've used the Sonicare for many years and like it very much.

You people have inspired me to brush my teeth this week:ss

ilovethesea

So did your gums grow back? (Is that possible?)

Yeah I don't really want to go to the dentist right now, haven't been in a couple years, because I'll just get lectured, and I want to see if I can improve things on my own.

I agree K2 is awesome. I was taking 45 drops a day of Thorne for several months and it got rid of all plaque, which hasn't come back. I also think it shrunk the cavities but that could be my imagination. I didn't notice any effect from K2 on inflammation or gum recession. But the baking soda and hydrogen peroxide definitely helped with inflammation.

I think part of my problem is that I don't absorb oral supplements very well due to endotoxins. So the Thorne K2 is expensive to waste! Maybe I need some Kuinone.

lindsay

Some people seem to be very prone to this, is it a vitamin K thing? I dunno. I've used the Sonicare for many years and like it very much.

You people have inspired me to brush my teeth this week:ss

You have gorgeous teeth and skin (and are a very pretty lady)! My teeth are a nightmare. My coffee drinking makes them quite stained, and I had some receding gumline in my teeth filled years ago - the crevices get stained though. Fortunately, they are quite strong thanks to changing my diet. I attribute that to the Vitamin K2 I've been using and dairy consumption. Began using it after reading Denise Minger's story. But they still have a ways to go...... Maybe one day they will be pearly white again like yours :)

ilovethesea

Matches my observations.

Can you and Peata say more about this? What were you doing that was making estrogen go up? Wouldn't it gradually be going down the longer you are following Peatarian ways? Or is this pre-Ray Peat?

You have gorgeous teeth and skin (and are a very pretty lady)! My teeth are a nightmare. My coffee drinking makes them quite stained, and I had some receding gumline in my teeth filled years ago - the crevices get stained though. Fortunately, they are quite strong thanks to changing my diet. I attribute that to the Vitamin K2 I've been using and dairy consumption. Began using it after reading Denise Minger's story. But they still have a ways to go...... Maybe one day they will be pearly white again like yours :)

Awe, thank you lindsay darling :kiss:. My skin has some pretty horrendous acne scars which are hard to see in this pic (covered with powder), I'll work on that as soon as I fix my blood sugar issues.

I too love Denise Minger's writing, she is so refreshingly honest, articulate and bright!!!

And like you, I absolutely could not live without cheese!!! In the first half of my Paleo years my teeth went translucent and I developed kidney stones. Adding TONS of cheese, dropping spinach from my diet and general cortisol/stress reduction has been so helpful.:hammock

Peata

I am up to about 4 drops a day of haiduts Kuinone. It says 1.5mgs per drop.

Yes, seems to be helping both. Which makes sense about estrogen and gum health. Vitamin K should help the liver and that would reduce estrogen.
Ok, I thought that was you that said you took higher amounts on the other thread about oral health = [URL="https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/how-are-you-teeth-is-anyone-else-crazy-about-oral-health-here.10388/"]How Are You Teeth? Is Anyone Else Crazy About Oral Health Here?[/URL] but it was @ecstatichamster:

EH: Vitamin K2 is THE miracle vitamin for oral health. I find it causes striking improvements.

I've had good success with (gasp) ascorbate also. But K2 is the best by FAR in reducing gum inflammation and rebuilding lost bone, making periodontal pockets less deep.

P: How much do you take for the oral health benefits? And any idea how long til you saw results?

EH: Less than a week. About 20mg a day or so.

mirc12354

I think this is from estrogen. Getting displaced from tissues and then moving out. Or even possibly estrogen increasing from like you said, too fast of metabolism raise.
Very interesting. My gums inflamation dramaticaly worsened when I started supplemening aspirin...

Mjhl85

Is garcinia the now famous garcina camboga herb? So many report weight loss with that, what do you guys think of it?

Liza

I brush twice a day, any suggestions to remove the yellowish color of the teeth?