Brunner Syndrome

tara

My non-expert :2cents:.
First things first - consider and address the most likely causes of unbalanced health first - diet, sleep habits, sunlight, breathing, connection, engaging in beneficial and purposeful activity, learning, creativity, monitoring basic metabolic signs and symptoms like temperature, ...

If addressing the basics doesn't make any difference, then it might be time to consider less common possibilities ...

OP
M

member 6316

progesterone is for females.. why should a Male take it? also how does it help with too much serotonin? Does it activate the MAO-a and break serotonin faster? are there any sides of taking progesterone for a male?

(edit) wtf now i did further research progesterone will turn me into a female ??! increases boobs? ! Progesterone for men [Archive] - ExcelMale.com !!!

Last edited by a moderator:

tara

progesterone is for females.. why should a Male take it?
In general, women produce much more progesterone than men, but males also naturally make small amounts of it, and there may be some health difficulties in males associated with serious deficiency.
are there any sides of taking progesterone for a male?
Yes, there can be unwanted effects for males of taking too much supplemental progesterone.
There are some threads here about males and progesterone. Some have had good effects from it, others not so much. Men who use it generally need much less than women.

also how does it help with too much serotonin? Does it activate the MAO-a and break serotonin faster?
You don't yet know whether excess serotonin is your key issue, or if so, why, right?
Progesterone seems to have some protective effects. There are several articles here from Peat that discuss progesterone:
Ray Peat
My hunch (non-expert): it may or may not be useful to you down the track, but it's not the first thing to try as a male.

(edit) wtf now i did further research progesterone will turn me into a female ??! increases boobs? ! Progesterone for men [Archive] - ExcelMale.com !!!
If you do try it at some stage in the future, probably small amounts would be more relevant than large, assuming you are aiming to stay basically male.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals