brown rice protein powder

gretchen

I suppose this is a no-go but I added it about a month ago to flavor my goat milk. I'm not sure I could replace it. Any suggestions?

Combie

well you could grind a cardboard box into powder and use that, it would taste the same!

I think protein powders are out full stop on a Peat inspired diet. I still use a bit of whey though.

4peatssake

gretchen said:
I suppose this is a no-go but I added it about a month ago to flavor my goat milk. I'm not sure I could replace it. Any suggestions?
What about a little honey or sugar for flavor, or homemade chocolate syrup. And if you need protein, you could add gelatin.

Or make latte and add coffee perhaps. Or vanilla.
I drink OJ and milk together, don't know what goat milk would be like but it's a terrific combo with cow's milk.
If I need additional protein, I add gelatin - to everything! ;)

This is what I found from RP about protein powder.

Ray Peat said:
The powdered protein lacks most of the nutrients, so you probably need some fruit, eggs, and liver, for the other nutrients, including potassium and magnesium.

wes

Gosh... i cant remember where i read this and i cant seem to find it in my archives or online.

From what i remember... you need to avoid protein powders that have been refined through a heating process. The heating process denatures some of the proteins, which can be very toxic to the system. This is especially true about 100% whey. After reading that article i gave my wife's coworker a 10lb bag of 100% whey. Was that wrong? :?

There is really no reason you cant achieve all of your daily protein from eggs, dairy, gelatin, and occasional meats. Gelatin is soo cheap too.

OP
G

gretchen

4peatssake said:
gretchen said:
What about a little honey or sugar for flavor, or homemade chocolate syrup. And if you need protein, you could add gelatin.

Or make latte and add coffee perhaps. Or vanilla.
I drink OJ and milk together, don't know what goat milk would be like but it's a terrific combo with cow's milk.
If I need additional protein, I add gelatin - to everything! ;)

This is what I found from RP about protein powder.

Ray Peat said:
The powdered protein lacks most of the nutrients, so you probably need some fruit, eggs, and liver, for the other nutrients, including potassium and magnesium.

I've added honey and think I will stick with that. I use instant coffee with the milk also which is quite tasty- I recommend it.

Actually I was thinking of using the protein powder for banana smoothies, as though I would consume a banana regularly ever again..... :D I guess this diet has some "finality" so far as some foods are concerned and that takes time to get used to.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals