brown rice protein powder

gretchen

I suppose this is a no-go but I added it about a month ago to flavor my goat milk. I'm not sure I could replace it. Any suggestions?

Combie

well you could grind a cardboard box into powder and use that, it would taste the same!

I think protein powders are out full stop on a Peat inspired diet. I still use a bit of whey though.

4peatssake

gretchen said:
I suppose this is a no-go but I added it about a month ago to flavor my goat milk. I'm not sure I could replace it. Any suggestions?
What about a little honey or sugar for flavor, or homemade chocolate syrup. And if you need protein, you could add gelatin.

Or make latte and add coffee perhaps. Or vanilla.
I drink OJ and milk together, don't know what goat milk would be like but it's a terrific combo with cow's milk.
If I need additional protein, I add gelatin - to everything! ;)

This is what I found from RP about protein powder.

Ray Peat said:
The powdered protein lacks most of the nutrients, so you probably need some fruit, eggs, and liver, for the other nutrients, including potassium and magnesium.

wes

Gosh... i cant remember where i read this and i cant seem to find it in my archives or online.

From what i remember... you need to avoid protein powders that have been refined through a heating process. The heating process denatures some of the proteins, which can be very toxic to the system. This is especially true about 100% whey. After reading that article i gave my wife's coworker a 10lb bag of 100% whey. Was that wrong? :?

There is really no reason you cant achieve all of your daily protein from eggs, dairy, gelatin, and occasional meats. Gelatin is soo cheap too.

gretchen

4peatssake said:
gretchen said:
What about a little honey or sugar for flavor, or homemade chocolate syrup. And if you need protein, you could add gelatin.

Or make latte and add coffee perhaps. Or vanilla.
I drink OJ and milk together, don't know what goat milk would be like but it's a terrific combo with cow's milk.
If I need additional protein, I add gelatin - to everything! ;)

This is what I found from RP about protein powder.

Ray Peat said:
The powdered protein lacks most of the nutrients, so you probably need some fruit, eggs, and liver, for the other nutrients, including potassium and magnesium.

I've added honey and think I will stick with that. I use instant coffee with the milk also which is quite tasty- I recommend it.

Actually I was thinking of using the protein powder for banana smoothies, as though I would consume a banana regularly ever again..... :D I guess this diet has some "finality" so far as some foods are concerned and that takes time to get used to.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Is Brown Rice Flour Okay In Supplements? Ask For Help or Advice 1
berk Lot Of Arsenic In Apple Juice (low In White And Brown Rice) Scientific Studies 3
P Brown Rice Extremely Bad For Men? Male Issues 0
jzeno Quick Question: Why Does Ray Peat Suggest White Rice Over Brown? Starches, Fiber, Legumes 12
biggirlkisss Brown Rice And Intestinal Problems Ask For Help or Advice 1
A Brown Rice And DHT Vegetables, Grains, Legumes, Fiber 1
yerrag Off Brown Sugar After 18 Years, Back To White Rice - Hooray! Vegetables, Grains, Legumes, Fiber 11
Hans Omega 3 can promote fat gain by inhibiting brown fat synthesis Scientific Studies 2
Bogdar Avoiding Brown Spots From Sunbathing Skin 18
Infarouge Turbinado And Dark Brown Sugar? Diet 5
K Copper Supplementation Increased Brown Spots Number Minerals 62
R Anti-Peat Olive Oil (Oleic Acid) Increase Brown Fat And Induces Lipolysis Debate - Anti-Peat 2
Max23 Vitamin K=Pale Stool. Calcium=Brown Stool. What´s That About? Ask For Help or Advice 26
M Refined White Sugar Vs Cane/Brown Sugar (& Coke) Digestion, Gut Flora 4
Nokoni Derren Brown Hypnotizes A Guy And Replaces His Memory Society 1
T LSD1 Promotes Brown Adipose Tissue Thermogenesis Via Repressing Glucocorticoid Activation Scientific Studies 0
M Might Have Been Bit By A Brown Recluse Ask For Help or Advice 3
Milena Brown Fat Activating - Good Or Bad? Metabolism 14
P Thyroid Status Inversely Related To Brown Fat Activity Articles & Scientific Studies 0
E Treatment For Aging Skin (White Spots And Brown Spots)? Skin 23
A Increased Uncoupling Protein 1 In Brown Adipose Tissue Of Mice Fed A Ketone Ester Diet Articles & Scientific Studies 0
P The Effects Of Essential Fatty Acid Deficiency On Brown Adipose Tissue Activity In Rats Maintained A Articles & Scientific Studies 1
L Magic Johnson Carries a Brown Bag The Ray Peat Forum Lounge 0
Hgreen56 How Long Do You Cook Rice? Diet 5
Twohandsondeck White Rice Gave Me Tooth Sensitivity Miscellaneous Health Discussions 8
Twohandsondeck Meat + Citrus Is Good For Digestion But Meat + White Rice Is Good For Getting Jacked?(Vertical Diet) Digestion, Gut Flora 15
round How Do You Balance Glucose To Fructose Ratio? Using Rice Water ? Weight 1
gately Any Ideas Why I React To White Rice And Sweet Potatoes But Not White Bread And Regular Potatoes? Diet 26
boris Uncontacted Tribes First Time Reaction To Rice Miscellaneous 8
Cameron Thoughts On Wild Rice? Digestion 1
paulwalkerrip White Rice - Do You Eat It? Starches, Fiber, Legumes 40
P Rate Worst To Least Bad (includes Legumes, Rice, Vegetables, Grains) Diet 21
Amazoniac The Very-Very Significant Nutritional Losses In Rice Processing Vegetables, Grains, Legumes, Fiber 8
D Headaches From Rice Eyes, Ears, Nose and Headaches/Migraines 7
Cirion Bored Of White Rice Starches, Fiber, Legumes 16
N Protein Needs With Gelatin And Rice - Except For Tryptophan Protein 5
jzeno Dr. McDougall: Cure Type 2 Diabetes With Sugar & White Rice Miscellaneous Health Discussions 49
P Wash Your Rice Before Cooking It (aflatoxin) Articles & Scientific Studies 8
General Orange Retrograded Rice Starch OR Wheat Tortilla? Diet 10
SOMO GABA Rice? Anyone Tried It? Diet, Recipes 10
A What Do You Eat With Rice To Make It Taste Better? Recipes 26
vulture Rice, Milk, Sugar Recipes 2
Luann COOK RICE IN ORANGE JUICE Recipes 14
T What Was The Form Of Vitamin A Supplemented In Kempner's Rice Diet? Discussing Dietary Models 0
O Rice-centered Diet Vegetables, Grains, Legumes, Fiber 1
A Short Grain White Rice And Sucrose And Potatoes Digestion 4
japanesedude Rice Is A 5AR Inhibitor Scientific Studies 51
ShirtTieFitness Sautéed Garlic Chicken Thai Green Curry Over Sticky Rice Recipes 0
ivy Is Rice Milk Ok? Beverages, Fruits, Sugars 13
Max. Allergy To White Rice, And Other Carbs, But Not With Potatoes Diet, Recipes 13