Brother Died Need Anti-depressant Advice

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
I went through the same thing a few years back brother passed away at 33 2014 unexpectedly and sister a year later at 35 in 2015.

Definitely a life and game changer for me, family, and parents.

Time will be important. There will be waves. Parents are fortunate to have you and others in their lives to help through the process but that being said it will be still be a personal journey for each.

The fact that you're addressing things proactively is a good sign and it may be how you approach things.

It was an existential roadblock for me for quite sometime. But I'm prone to existential roadblocks.

It took my parents a few years to get through but they are generally optimists. One parent temporarily used antidepressants but no longer.

The pain never goes away completely just drifts into the background and resurfaces every now and then.

I'm sorry for your loss. Thank you for the advice. You're right about me being proactive. I'm used to being able to see a way through to solving a problem. I know I can't solve this problem, it is unsolvable but I'm hoping I can do my best to make it as tolerable as possible.

You're right it never goes away. I know for myself that will certainly be the case. I find myself trying to enjoy something then I am reminded of my brother and it just hits me like a wave. I know my parents are experiencing the same thing but 1000x worse.

Velve921

Hi. My brother died suddenly a few days ago. I'm doing ok considering but my parents are really struggling.

Does anyone have any advice in terms of anti-depressant supplements. So far I've given cyproheptadine, vitamin K2 and aspirin and l-theanine. I've been thinking adding lisuride I have access to pretty much all idea labs supplements.

Anyone have any advice in terms of specific supplements and doses. Very much appreciated. Many thanks.

Be strong my friend.

I lost my father 1 year ago and have had to go through a tremendous learning process.

Something that has been profound as I’ve gone through my process.... is this.

Use the metabolic support not to numb the pain, but to give you strength as you address the new landscape of your life.

here’s a good example:

My mom has used supplements to put her to sleep
And hide from the discomfort. Not judging by any means, but that’s what she’s chosen to do.

for me, whenever I’ve had tension and/or panic attacks, I will take a supplement to give me strength to address the emotions that have risen. So if i have tension, I don’t run from it, I think by this, “what metabolic support do I need to give me strength to face this.”

now, some people might say, “then you’re not really facing it.”

Well there could be some truth to that... but, Anecdotally, when I had my first panic attack after my fathers death, I had no idea how to deal with this because I had not developed the necessary skills yet. So, high dose Theanine was a tool that gave me strength and confidence to get through my first panic attacks. Now, I can handle the tension more appropriately because I’ve developed skills that helps me address them better.

The learning frame has helped me tremendously as I’ve chosen to look at grieving as a skill set that I can develop. Some people think I’m weird by this nature, but they’re also the same people that think it’s remarkable how I’ve gotten through this year.

mrchibbs

for me, whenever I’ve had tension and/or panic attacks, I will take a supplement to give me strength to address the emotions that have risen. So if i have tension, I don’t run from it, I think by this, “what metabolic support do I need to give me strength to face this.”

That's a very wise approach, we can overcome so much, if only we have the energy. I've gone through several issues, and I want to rebuild my metabolic function fully, partly, because I know that I will have to face much hardship in the future as well, and I want to be ready to endure it without collapsing

So, high dose Theanine was a tool that gave me strength and confidence to get through my first panic attacks. Now, I can handle the tension more appropriately because I’ve developed skills that helps me address them better.

Very good move, theanine strongly prevents excessive cortisol production.

Velve921

That's a very wise approach, we can overcome so much, if only we have the energy. I've gone through several issues, and I want to rebuild my metabolic function fully, partly, because I know that I will have to face much hardship in the future as well, and I want to be ready to endure it without collapsing

Very good move, theanine strongly prevents excessive cortisol production.

thanks for sharing the kind feedback my friend. Feel free to share more details about stuff you’re working on if yuh feel all of us can be supportive and helpful.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
Be strong my friend.

I lost my father 1 year ago and have had to go through a tremendous learning process.

Something that has been profound as I’ve gone through my process.... is this.

Use the metabolic support not to numb the pain, but to give you strength as you address the new landscape of your life.

here’s a good example:

My mom has used supplements to put her to sleep
And hide from the discomfort. Not judging by any means, but that’s what she’s chosen to do.

now, some people might say, “then you’re not really facing it.”

Well there could be some truth to that... but, Anecdotally, when I had my first panic attack after my fathers death, I had no idea how to deal with this because I had not developed the necessary skills yet. So, high dose Theanine was a tool that gave me strength and confidence to get through my first panic attacks. Now, I can handle the tension more appropriately because I’ve developed skills that helps me address them better.

The learning frame has helped me tremendously as I’ve chosen to look at grieving as a skill set that I can develop. Some people think I’m weird by this nature, but they’re also the same people that think it’s remarkable how I’ve gotten through this year.

Thank you very much for the advice and kind words. I very much agree with what you've said, I think suppression is the wrong approach and the grief needs to be felt and experienced, what I am trying to do is exactly what you say give the metabolic support that helps myself and my family to recover from this experience as best we can.

I've been giving both my parents Theanine before bed along with aspirin and vitamin K2

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
The past few days I've been supplementing both my mum and dad with the following;

Lisuride (100mcg for Dad and 50mcg for Mum)
Progesterone (15mg Dad, 6mg Mum)
DHEA (5mg Dad 2mg Mum)
Cyproheptadine (1-2mg Dad, .5-1mg Mum)
Vitamin K2 (6mg dad, 3mg Mum)
Zinc sulfate (15mg Dad, 15mg Mum)
Cardenosine (25 drops dad)
Aspirin (300-600mg dad, 300mg Mum)
Vitamin A: 5000 IU (same for both)
Vitamin D: 5000-10,000IU (same for both)
Vitamin E: 200-300IU (same for both)

I've used a number of idealabs supps for this: Cortinon, Estroban, Lisuride, Kuinone. I've also given them theanine 300mg a few times before bed also.

What I'm thinking about doing now is replacing the Cortinon that I've been given my dad with Pansterone or 6-keto P4 or Pansterone anyone have any thoughts on this?

Many Thanks

aguineapig

I'm interested in buspirone, I've seen it be useful for bruxism/parkinson's, but I'm not totally sure about how it works. Contrary to cypro, it is an agonist of the 5-HT1 receptor.

Buspirone hits the 5ht1a negative feedback receptors which shuts off release from the DRN. So it lowers extracellular serotonin. I'm not so sure how it raises dopamine and Noradrenaline, but animal studies show it raises both.

Velve921

The past few days I've been supplementing both my mum and dad with the following;

Lisuride (100mcg for Dad and 50mcg for Mum)
Progesterone (15mg Dad, 6mg Mum)
DHEA (5mg Dad 2mg Mum)
Cyproheptadine (1-2mg Dad, .5-1mg Mum)
Vitamin K2 (6mg dad, 3mg Mum)
Zinc sulfate (15mg Dad, 15mg Mum)
Cardenosine (25 drops dad)
Aspirin (300-600mg dad, 300mg Mum)
Vitamin A: 5000 IU (same for both)
Vitamin D: 5000-10,000IU (same for both)
Vitamin E: 200-300IU (same for both)

I've used a number of idealabs supps for this: Cortinon, Estroban, Lisuride, Kuinone. I've also given them theanine 300mg a few times before bed also.

What I'm thinking about doing now is replacing the Cortinon that I've been given my dad with Pansterone or 6-keto P4 or Pansterone anyone have any thoughts on this?

Many Thanks

Have they’ve given yuh feedback of which ones they anecdotally notice the most emotional support?

Heroico

Sometimes people will need something temporary, perhaps to sleep or calm down enough to rest. L-theanine 200 mg up to four times daily, and niacinamide up to 500 mg four times daily, act quickly and clear completely and may be taken as needed or continuously for a period of time. If they ask for a benzodiazepine or something for sleep offer these, they are safe choices.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
Have they’ve given yuh feedback of which ones they anecdotally notice the most emotional support?

Not yet although they are doing far better than I thought possible. If I had to guess this is mainly down to the lisuride more than anything else but I think everything is helping somewhat.

Velve921

Not yet although they are doing far better than I thought possible. If I had to guess this is mainly down to the lisuride more than anything else but I think everything is helping somewhat.

happy to hear there is progress my friend.

as things move along, I would recommend you find a way to think more specifically about how each thing affects the body. I say this as the landscape of your family’s life has changed, but it will change even more over time. Paying close attention every step of the way can be helpful.

for example, at the beginning, Theanine was the only thing that took the edge off. Along the way, I’ve experimented with many other supplements and foods.

I found now that I don’t need Theanine as much and that my calcium to phosphorus ratio on a 24 hour day basis is valuable for me. But I didn’t notice that at the beginning.

Don’t be surprised if unique and maybe even confusing metabolic and emotional changes that can happen as you adapt to the new landscape of your life.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
So a brief update.

I tried a new addition for my Dad the past few days that I think has made a significant difference.

45mg of Progesterone and 5Mg of DHEA so a 9:1 ratio of Progesterone to DHEA similar to Idealabs Cortinon.
Also one dose of Cardenosine

So far I think these two additions have made a marked difference in his resilience and ability to handle the stress and sadness of the situation. I am also still giving him one dose of Estroban, and 75-100mcg of Lisuride, 4-5mg of Vitamin K2 (mk4) everyday along with a few drops of Magnoil.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter

Agreed, and trust me they're being felt. I'm not trying to numb anything but I think that it is important that the extreme stress does not send one into a spiral of learned helplessness.

The supplements I'm giving I hope give my parents and family a sense of hope about the future rather than a sense of doom.

Regina

Agreed, and trust me they're being felt. I'm not trying to numb anything but I think that it is important that the extreme stress does not send one into a spiral of learned helplessness.

The supplements I'm giving I hope give my parents and family a sense of hope about the future rather than a sense of doom.
So true. I do not mean anything like hardened heart or endless grieving.
Right now, with what is going on in the world, I can't get through it without at least pregnenolone. I probably should not comment on anyone's grief.
I'm sorry to interfere at all really. I'm sorry for the loss.
I remember haidut's post about serotonin being involving in traumatic memories.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
So true. I do not mean anything like hardened heart or endless grieving.
Right now, with what is going on in the world, I can't get through it without at least pregnenolone. I probably should not comment on anyone's grief.
I'm sorry to interfere at all really. I'm sorry for the loss.
I remember haidut's post about serotonin being involving in traumatic memories.

Would you be kind enough to share a haidut's post about serotonin and traumatic memories. I'm trying to determine if it is better to be using a metergoline and lisuride combo or a cyproheptadine and lisuride combo.

Cypro is great for opposing serotonin but also has some dopamine antagonism metergoline does not although I have found that on metergoline I have been calmer up to a point then after which I become more angry and irritable. As if I am calmer up to a point but if that threshold gets crossed I'm even angrier.

Regina

Would you be kind enough to share a haidut's post about serotonin and traumatic memories. I'm trying to determine if it is better to be using a metergoline and lisuride combo or a cyproheptadine and lisuride combo.

Cypro is great for opposing serotonin but also has some dopamine antagonism metergoline does not although I have found that on metergoline I have been calmer up to a point then after which I become more angry and irritable. As if I am calmer up to a point but if that threshold gets crossed I'm even angrier.
I'm too dim-witted to get how to post a single post but here is the thread:
Serotonin Is Involved In The Formation Of Traumatic Memories

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
So I have noticed both of my parents have developed really bad breath. My dad especially. My mother even has a certain odour.

I think this is a result of massive stress but I'm wondering what the specific cause is. Latic acid buildup?

Anyone have any solutions.

GreekDemiGod

Ray Peat on losing loved ones

" It activates the “helplessness” reactions in the body, stress weakening your own life, and I think it can help to get out of that if you think of your life as a continuation of theirs—the same life, though with fewer bodies. "

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter

Thank you for this I think these are wise words.

I've been trying my best to break the helplessness reactions but it is difficult. Sometimes I feel like I am taking one step forward two steps back.

My instinct tells me serotonin is largely at play here but I can't be sure. Also I'm weary of dosing too much cyproheptadine due to it's slight dopamine antagonism.

I really think this bad breath is an indication of a general underlying condition. Possibly build up of excess lactate?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals