Brother Died Need Anti-depressant Advice

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
Anyone have any supplement advice to help my parents sleep?

Cyproheptadine, aspirin, l-theanine?

mrchibbs

do not stay in cold, dark places. do the opposite
if it is cold outside were you reside, consider holidays/a trip to warm climates with easy access to nature

do not take too much supplements and ***t like that, it might do more harm than good

Ha! It's going to be hard to go someplace warm. In my country, there won't be any outgoing flights until July.
I think it might be the best time to go a trip this summer though, cheap prices and there won't be any crowds.
And with replete vitamin D, high thyroid function and sun exposure, it's highly unlikely that someone would get sick at all.

mrchibbs

Anyone have any supplement advice to help my parents sleep?

Cyproheptadine, aspirin, l-theanine?

Aspirin for sure. Pour some (an inch) hot water over some aspirin powder in a glass, add some baking soda, let it fizz out. Add some gelatin powder, mix and let that fizz out too. Then cover with cool fruit juice, mix well.

Taken after the evening meal, it will be extremely calming.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
Aspirin for sure. Pour some (an inch) hot water over some aspirin powder in a glass, add some baking soda, let it fizz out. Add some gelatin powder, mix and let that fizz out too. Then cover with cool fruit juice, mix well.

Taken after the evening meal, it will be extremely calming.

Thanks mrchibbs that sounds like a good combo.

mrchibbs

Thanks mrchibbs that sounds like a good combo.

Yeah, baking soda and gelatin are helpful in of themselves. Dissolving the aspirin prevents irritation, and supplying gelatin is necessary because it does deplete glycine somehow which can lead to tinnitus and hearing problems (I've experienced those, completely alleviated with gelatin)

mrchibbs

One thing I'm worried about is that for some people aspirin seems to disturb sleep.

Sleep Quality After Aspirin Is Terrible!

Individual experiences are always complicated. Read the second comment in that thread.
To a certain extent, experiment is the only method of knowledge. I can only tell you
what I believe based on my knowledge and experience.

YamnayaMommy

Thank you Yamanya I don't know much about that. I will look into it. Is there a specific brand or resource you could recommend?

They are illegal in the USA, and I would be very careful about trying to buy them online, although I believe you can. The only safe way to get them is to grow them yourself, which is legal because the sale of the spores is not regulated. You’d have to buy spores from an online vendor, and then create a terrarium and grow them. This is probably impractical for you, and ideally you’d know someone who could get them for you. Or be really good at crypto currency and the dark web procurement. I’m sorry, I wish I could help you more with it.

gaze

for me personally, in times of stress it feels like excess tryptophan gets rapidly produced to brain serotonin, which leads to estrogen, which leads to lack of appetite and the "wired" feeling. I would personally keep muscle meats at 0 during this time, while eating lots of bone broth or things like ox tail. Ray mentioned how glycine helps those who have had seizure and brain injuries to make full recoveries quickly.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
for me personally, in times of stress it feels like excess tryptophan gets rapidly produced to brain serotonin, which leads to estrogen, which leads to lack of appetite and the "wired" feeling. I would personally keep muscle meats at 0 during this time, while eating lots of bone broth or things like ox tail. Ray mentioned how glycine helps those who have had seizure and brain injuries to make full recoveries quickly.

Thanks for the advice. I gave my other brother, my dad and myself some warm milk, gelatin, sugar, salt and zinc before bed last night and it was the most we've slept so far. No one has had any muscle meats yet.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
For me the most important factor in depression is dopamine. Once it gets too low I predictability get depressed. So I wouldn‘t overdo it with the Cypro. Lisuride seems like it could be worth a try, although I haven’t tried it yet.
Coffee would also help probably.

Anyone have any thoughts on what would be a good dose of lisuride to counter the anti dopamine effect of cyproheptadine

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
Individual experiences are always complicated. Read the second comment in that thread.
To a certain extent, experiment is the only method of knowledge. I can only tell you
what I believe based on my knowledge and experience.

Well my dad seemed to sleep quite well last night and I gave him a combo of aspirin and vitamin K2, gelatin, sugar, salt and milk.

Frankdee20

Creatine, zinc, magnesium, B complex and vitamin E/D.
On a email Ray suggested DHEA and pregnenolone to increase neurosteroids.

If the traditional things don't work then safe dopaminergic drugs seems a really good option.

What’s a good dose of Creatine for guys who don’t work out or don’t need the loading phase ? It’s definitely been linked to mood elevations... I don’t want to take twenty grams a day lol

mrchibbs

Well my dad seemed to sleep quite well last night and I gave him a combo of aspirin and vitamin K2, gelatin, sugar, salt and milk.

Great! Its all good stuff you gave him :)

aguineapig

Buspirone can raise dopamine and lower Serotonin. Powerful combo with cypro. Beta blockers are also useful for overwhelming situations to take the edge off. And these are all easier to get off of than most other stuff you'll be offered.

mrchibbs

Buspirone can raise dopamine and lower Serotonin. Powerful combo with cypro. Beta blockers are also useful for overwhelming situations to take the edge off. And these are all easier to get off of than most other stuff you'll be offered.

I'm interested in buspirone, I've seen it be useful for bruxism/parkinson's, but I'm not totally sure about how it works. Contrary to cypro, it is an agonist of the 5-HT1 receptor.

Last edited:

GutFeeling

What’s a good dose of Creatine for guys who don’t work out or don’t need the loading phase ? It’s definitely been linked to mood elevations... I don’t want to take twenty grams a day lol
3/5 grams a day you get your tissues saturated within 1 month
I would use 20 grams in the first week to saturate quick and then continue with 5 grams.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
Things improving a bit day by day. Ordered a few copies of a book by C. S. Lewis called a grief observed.
Think it will really help. Anyone have any recommendations for reading to help with grief?

JohnHafterson

Things improving a bit day by day. Ordered a few copies of a book by C. S. Lewis called a grief observed.
Think it will really help. Anyone have any recommendations for reading to help with grief?
I went through the same thing a few years back brother passed away at 33 2014 unexpectedly and sister a year later at 35 in 2015.

Definitely a life and game changer for me, family, and parents.

Time will be important. There will be waves. Parents are fortunate to have you and others in their lives to help through the process but that being said it will be still be a personal journey for each.

The fact that you're addressing things proactively is a good sign and it may be how you approach things.

It was an existential roadblock for me for quite sometime. But I'm prone to existential roadblocks.

It took my parents a few years to get through but they are generally optimists. One parent temporarily used antidepressants but no longer.

The pain never goes away completely just drifts into the background and resurfaces every now and then.

mrchibbs

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals