Brother Died Need Anti-depressant Advice

Soren

Forum Supporter
Hi. My brother died suddenly a few days ago. I'm doing ok considering but my parents are really struggling.

Does anyone have any advice in terms of anti-depressant supplements. So far I've given cyproheptadine, vitamin K2 and aspirin and l-theanine. I've been thinking adding lisuride I have access to pretty much all idea labs supplements.

Anyone have any advice in terms of specific supplements and doses. Very much appreciated. Many thanks.

milkboi

For me the most important factor in depression is dopamine. Once it gets too low I predictability get depressed. So I wouldn‘t overdo it with the Cypro. Lisuride seems like it could be worth a try, although I haven’t tried it yet.
Coffee would also help probably.

Juniper

What you are using already sounds good, but as mentioned, be aware of cyproheptedine lowering dopamine. Someone else might know more about additional supplements and dosages, but I want to say my heart goes out to you and your parents.

I want to add that right now and maybe for a while, you’ll be feeling the shock of your brother dying, and that’s okay. Through grieving there is going to be a lot of emotion that you will feel and you may feel like you are going crazy - you are not- and that’s okay. Grieving will hurt; eventually it will soften, but you will never lose your connection with your brother.

I’ve found that facing the pain when you are able to is what helps to work through it. However, it can be a slower process that you want. I also found that talking to a group or therapist who deals with this is helpful, as well as writing out what you are feeling.

Your relationship with your brother has changed but will continue in you and your family and friends. There was a saying I happened upon that put things in perspective for me, it said: “if love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.”

Good luck and good grieving. You are not alone.

postman

it's a bad idea to medicate away the grieving process, unless the person is suicidal

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
For me the most important factor in depression is dopamine. Once it gets too low I predictability get depressed. So I wouldn‘t overdo it with the Cypro. Lisuride seems like it could be worth a try, although I haven’t tried it yet.
Coffee would also help probably.

Thank you. I thought cyproheptadine would help increase dopamine through the lowering of serotonin.

S-VV

I’m very sorry for your loss. I hope you and your parents can find peace.

Dopaminergic substances can help for sure, but Serotonin has a good side in that it numbs emotions. This may be a crude approach, but in times of unbearable loss, I think it can be very useful.

milkboi

Thank you. I thought cyproheptadine would help increase dopamine through the lowering of serotonin.

It wont, except maybe in micro doses (250 mcg). In fact it is a dopamin antagonist in higher doses, and can contribute to depression in my experience.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
It wont, except maybe in micro doses (250 mcg). In fact it is a dopamin antagonist in higher doses, and can contribute to depression in my experience.

Ok. I don't actually have any lisuride unfortunately. Going to order some more today. Any ideas on how I can counter the cyproheptadine I've already given. I have 2mg.

What I do have is Panquione, energin, camphosal, vitamin A, mitolipin, vitamin d, vitamin e, Magnesium oil, methylene blue, estroban, a full body red light, activated charcoa, lapodin (emodin).

Gone Peating

it's a bad idea to medicate away the grieving process, unless the person is suicidal

I agree, it's ok for you and your family to be grieving, it's ok to mourn and be sad

Maybe just stick to some light things like matcha tea (high in l-theanine) and maybe if someone starts to get really down some pregnenelone

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
I've given them some cortinon (progesterone and DHEA) and estroban which I think will help a lot. I agree that there has to be grieving, sadness mourning etc, I just dont want the stress of the experience to break them. I think the supplements I'm giving them will hopefully be able to help them tolerate it better.

Beastmode

Getting outdoors, in nature if possible, can be a powerful supporter. Also, the lower someone feels it often drives them to behaviors that facilitate them in that direction (i.e-sitting in the dark, staring at a blue screen, etc.)

alywest

I’m very sorry that you’re family is going through this. Do you have reason to suspect that this will result in true depression? Sadness and depression are two very different things. Depression is when you can no longer even express emotions except maybe despair but it has to do with learned helplessness. Do either of your parents exhibit learned helplessness?
A friend of mine who lost her son seemed to get relief from going to a grief support group. It can be helpful to speak to people who have actually gone through what you have, instead of constantly having to hear “I’m so sorry, I can’t imagine how hard it must be.” That can almost feel like a punch to the gut because it makes you feel more alone in your pain. Have faith your parents will get through this and eventually maybe consider some sort of psilocybin experience as another way to process the residual pain. Don’t do it when they’re in the midst of grieving, of course, but perhaps in a couple of months. I would say that’s a very Peat friendly approach. Micro-dosing mushrooms is also very common now and I suspect that could help your parents process through this without having a huge psychological trip.

milkboi

Ok. I don't actually have any lisuride unfortunately. Going to order some more today. Any ideas on how I can counter the cyproheptadine I've already given. I have 2mg.

What I do have is Panquione, energin, camphosal, vitamin A, mitolipin, vitamin d, vitamin e, Magnesium oil, methylene blue, estroban, a full body red light, activated charcoa, lapodin (emodin).

I wouldn’t worry too much about a single dose given. The things you listed aren‘t really directly dopaminergic, but a strong coffee should help counteract Cypro‘s effects.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals