Bromocriptine

Sagitarrius90

Quick question

I see on the boards dopamine agonists being promoted.

Some for good reason(medical reasons) but I see it being off label to promote well being, assisting in better help.

With the potential of DAWS, is using something like bromocriptine wise for lowering prolactin levels, increasing thyroid health if for a short stint? I see lisuride being promoted as well but wouldnt that cause downstream issues relating to dopamine? Why use these drugs if they have potential to cause harm?

With DAWS I'm a believer that it comes about when you use a high dose or on it for a long period of time

Just want opinions from you guys. Also because my friend gave me 5 bottles 200 pills each 2.5mg bromocriptine so I'm looking into whether this could aid me

Thanks all

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

I would assume the trade off of using something like bromo to improve health - use it as a crutch to get to a point where ones health has improved since it stabilizes alot of negative health markers like cortisol, thyroid issues then get off would offset the negative aspects of it.

DAWS isnt really proven only with people who have Parkinson's and they are using alot more mg and they've been on it for months/years whereas someone using it short term I doubt would have any issues. It is risky because there arent really studies showing healthy or somewhat healthy people using it short term (why would they).

You're right about healthier alternatives

Murtaza

Bromo gave me nausea and a stuffy nose.
it gave me nausea as well when i started with a 2.5 mg pill. i then reduced the amount to 1.25 mg and took that for a few weeks and upped my dose again without any nausea or stuffy nose. also taking it after a meal helps.

mrchibbs

I think it could be helpful, for a short period. It's not a perfect drug, but it can balance out cyproheptadine for instance.

I would like to try it too but I haven't been able to find any. You're lucky to have obtained 5 bottles lol

Other dopamine agonists like b6 are maybe safer.

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

In theory

would taking bromocriptine while coming off of t3 help receovery? I'm doing a log on this forum about my experiences about coming off of t3.

I was taking 50 mcg for dieting purposes I titrated up to 50 mcg and stopped. I've since come off but have had bad hypo symptoms so I want to taper off rather than cut it - it's been 1 week and it's been hell. 2-5 weeks for thyroid function to come back based on everything I've read other than what peat said but based on my experience right now I have to strongly disagree with Peat (2-3 days to recover).

Since prolactin is probably high since TSH was supressed but now probably thru the roof, would 2.5 mg bromocriptine help speed up this recovery process or at least make it less debilitating? My thinking is

Prolacting high since tsh would be high after supresseion- dopamine low- cortisol high

thus taking bromo would negate alot of these hypo symptoms and maybe help me recover thyroid function a bit better.

Mauritio

it gave me nausea as well when i started with a 2.5 mg pill. i then reduced the amount to 1.25 mg and took that for a few weeks and upped my dose again without any nausea or stuffy nose. also taking it after a meal helps.
How was your experience with it, any weight loss ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals