Bromocriptine has fixed my digestion

Murtaza

So ive had digestive issues for quiet some time now, mostly loose BMs. MIlk was the worst for my problem so i cut it out. Saw some improvement but not satisfactory enough. Then around five months ago i completely cut out starchs as well, still minor improvement like some days would be good but then some days would just be dreadful.

i asked Ray about it and he said it could be related to prolactin, mine was 14 at that time so definitely high. Anyway mid january i started taking 2.5mg bromo divided into two doses and ive had solid bms for a month, for me this is no less than a miracle.

Wow. Congratulations. I prefer metergoline as it has less pharmcological noise. Bromocriptine give me nausea and a stuffy nose.

OP
M

Murtaza

Wow. Congratulations. I prefer metergoline as it has less pharmcological noise. Bromocriptine give me nausea and a stuffy nose.
it gave me a little nausea and headaches the first few days but i dont get them anymore either

Broken man

So ive had digestive issues for quiet some time now, mostly loose BMs. MIlk was the worst for my problem so i cut it out. Saw some improvement but not satisfactory enough. Then around five months ago i completely cut out starchs as well, still minor improvement like some days would be good but then some days would just be dreadful.

i asked Ray about it and he said it could be related to prolactin, mine was 14 at that time so definitely high. Anyway mid january i started taking 2.5mg bromo divided into two doses and ive had solid bms for a month, for me this is no less than a miracle.
generic stuff?

AntiPUFA

How can you use this stuff? Bromocriptine gives me intense headaches, nausea, hypotension. I can't even stand on.

Peaterpeater

Are you male? I ask this because a prolactin level of 14 is low for me....I’m female. I’ve had prolactin levels up over 100, took bromo and it messed up my gut because of the bad excipients. I’m still suffering with my gut 2 years later. I attribute it both to bromo and high prolactin. I felt awful on bromo...my gut bloated up every time I took it. If only there was a cleaner product. Be careful of the excipients.

golder

Are you male? I ask this because a prolactin level of 14 is low for me....I’m female. I’ve had prolactin levels up over 100, took bromo and it messed up my gut because of the bad excipients. I’m still suffering with my gut 2 years later. I attribute it both to bromo and high prolactin. I felt awful on bromo...my gut bloated up every time I took it. If only there was a cleaner product. Be careful of the excipients.
Just wondering because you mention a cleaner product....would lisuride or metergoline work well for lowering prolactin?

lampofred

I think if nitric oxide levels are high then bromocriptine will cause worse side effects because I think things that lower prolactin tend to temporarily raise NO until you adapt (but after you adapt NO should be lower than when you started). That's just a hypothesis though.

Peaterpeater

Just wondering because you mention a cleaner product....would lisuride or metergoline work well for lowering prolactin?
I haven’t really used metergoline but Lisuride gave such nausea that I couldn’t tolerate it. My prolactin lowered after my stress lessened which was hospital induced. Now my prolactin hovers in the range of 13-20 which still isn’t low enough.

As far as a cleaner product goes, Metergoline would be cleaner. Bromo is full of junk...it caused my health and digestion to decline further.

Razvan

I think if nitric oxide levels are high then bromocriptine will cause worse side effects because I think things that lower prolactin tend to temporarily raise NO until you adapt (but after you adapt NO should be lower than when you started). That's just a hypothesis though.
I don't think so, methylene blue lowers prolactin for good and inhibits nitric oxide for exemple.

Broken man

Generic stuff? I have digestive issues and mine prolactin is 15.