Britain being forced to go cashless 'against its will'

haidut

Forum Supporter
Back in 2020 I posted an article arguing that the "pandemic" had killed cash. It was an obvious propaganda piece by a mainstream publication, pushing the "Great Reset" agenda.

Now, that the elite is realizing the public won't voluntarily give up cash...they are starting to essentially force countries to abandon cash, without really providing much of a justification. There goes yet another "conspiracy theory", turning into a reality...As usual, the testing ground is other countries first, but the eventual goal seems to be to bring a completely cash-less society to the US as well. I wonder how much has the process of de-cashifying UK progressed since 2020 when I made the post above? Is the issuance of CBDC in the UK imminent? Maybe @Drareg can provide some insight.

"...Britain is becoming a cashless society against the public’s will, a major new study has found, after the pandemic accelerated the switch to card and digital payments. Around 10 million people, or one in five adults, would struggle to manage in a society without cash, a report from the Royal Society of Arts commissioned by cash machine network Link found. The older generation in particular is being left behind. One in three people dependent on cash are above 65. Some four million of those who would struggle most without cash are over 65 years old. This section of society would face increased isolation, difficulty budgeting and a greater risk of being defrauded without access to physical currency, the report warned. A further 2.5 million of the most vulnerable were between 55 and 64. "

"...Overall, 23 million people said that using cash made them feel more in control of their finances. Two-thirds were concerned about fraud when making payments and 57pc were concerned about privacy. Meanwhile separate research commissioned by the Telegraph earlier this year found that six in 10 shoppers would support a move to make cash acceptance compulsory. The survey, of more than half a million shoppers, also found that nearly half of the British public purposely avoid retailers that do not accept physical currency and that more than half of people believe the country is being pushed into cashlessness against its will."

Drareg

Back in 2020 I posted an article arguing that the "pandemic" had killed cash. It was an obvious propaganda piece by a mainstream publication, pushing the "Great Reset" agenda.

Now, that the elite is realizing the public won't voluntarily give up cash...they are starting to essentially force countries to abandon cash, without really providing much of a justification. There goes yet another "conspiracy theory", turning into a reality...As usual, the testing ground is other countries first, but the eventual goal seems to be to bring a completely cash-less society to the US as well. I wonder how much has the process of de-cashifying UK progressed since 2020 when I made the post above? Is the issuance of CBDC in the UK imminent? Maybe @Drareg can provide some insight.

"...Britain is becoming a cashless society against the public’s will, a major new study has found, after the pandemic accelerated the switch to card and digital payments. Around 10 million people, or one in five adults, would struggle to manage in a society without cash, a report from the Royal Society of Arts commissioned by cash machine network Link found. The older generation in particular is being left behind. One in three people dependent on cash are above 65. Some four million of those who would struggle most without cash are over 65 years old. This section of society would face increased isolation, difficulty budgeting and a greater risk of being defrauded without access to physical currency, the report warned. A further 2.5 million of the most vulnerable were between 55 and 64. "

"...Overall, 23 million people said that using cash made them feel more in control of their finances. Two-thirds were concerned about fraud when making payments and 57pc were concerned about privacy. Meanwhile separate research commissioned by the Telegraph earlier this year found that six in 10 shoppers would support a move to make cash acceptance compulsory. The survey, of more than half a million shoppers, also found that nearly half of the British public purposely avoid retailers that do not accept physical currency and that more than half of people believe the country is being pushed into cashlessness against its will."
There increasingly moving toward fascism, its clear as day, they will use every trick in the book to achieve it.
I found this guys blog a few weeks ago, he is former military, it maybe a limited hangout but there is some useful tidbits dotted about his work, he does have tinges of an EU supporter and possibly climate supporter, he's Scottish and supports Scottish independence, he seems to have become active around the time of brexit, its good to keep this in mind.

Samya

I haven't seen much push to not use cash here since the plandemic. The sad truth is we're not even being forced against our will, we're willingly giving up cash in the name of convenience, as most younger people prefer to use their phones to pay.

BodhiBlues

I wonder how much has the process of de-cashifying UK progressed since 2020 when I made the post above?

I'm in the UK, and more places that I go to every day are becoming cash only. It started during covid, as everyone was paranoid about catching covid from handling cash and many places started to refuse cash. My favourite coffee shop is card only now, for example.

One of the strange things is with pubs and nightclubs. In 2019, if you went to a pub or nightclub you always had to have some cash on you as they hated accepting cards, but might begrudgingly allow you to use one if you spent above £10. Now many will not accept cash at all and you just pay for everything with a contactless card or apple/google pay.

A similar thing is happening with self-service checkouts. My local supermarket used to have some self-service checkouts, but now half of the checkout space is taken with them and the manned checkouts are never open.

There is a real drive to remove the human element from decision making and push for more control through monitored systems like card payments and having computers decide what you can and can't have. It really feels like the infrastructure is being created for a social credit system and people are sleepwalking into it.

noodlecat

I haven't seen much push to not use cash here since the plandemic. The sad truth is we're not even being forced against our will, we're willingly giving up cash in the name of convenience, as most younger people prefer to use their phones to pay.
I remember in early days of the hysteria, even before masks when they were saying don’t wear masks, don’t buy masks, masks don’t work etc. a guy at the shop said he couldn’t take my cash and I said “really?” in a condescending tone and he got ashamed enough or maybe realized what a dtipid rule that is, to accept it.

Samya

A similar thing is happening with self-service checkouts. My local supermarket used to have some self-service checkouts, but now half of the checkout space is taken with them and the manned checkouts are never open.
This is true, in some of the major supermarkets the amount of human checkouts has halved and the self-checkouts have doubled, although you can still use cash at the self-checkouts. I still come across a few places which are actually cash only but they are far and few between. If a shop was no cash I would stop shopping there.

Last edited:

Fred

Federal Reserve tracks cash in circulation, and updates it once a year. Next update for 2021 is due by the end of this month. 2020 saw record levels of cash in circulation.

OccamzRazer

There is a real drive to remove the human element from decision making and push for more control through monitored systems like card payments and having computers decide what you can and can't have. It really feels like the infrastructure is being created for a social credit system and people are sleepwalking into it.
Very well said, I feel exactly the same way about where things are heading...

J.R.K

I learned something this week but I am unsure if it is fully grounded in truth. Perhaps @Pina you could verify.
The contention was that HSBC is an extension of British intelligence and was founded back in the eighteen hundreds by the opium trade. I believe a few years back they were caught with money from the heroin trade and have ties with the triads who were part of the distribution network set up by British intelligence to weaken China through opium addiction.
This if true would be an example of a willingness to the application of dirty tricks used in the past, and as we see today in this case the leopard has not changed it’s spots.

Lizb

I'm in the UK, and more places that I go to every day are becoming cash only. It started during covid, as everyone was paranoid about catching covid from handling cash and many places started to refuse cash. My favourite coffee shop is card only now, for example.

One of the strange things is with pubs and nightclubs. In 2019, if you went to a pub or nightclub you always had to have some cash on you as they hated accepting cards, but might begrudgingly allow you to use one if you spent above £10. Now many will not accept cash at all and you just pay for everything with a contactless card or apple/google pay.

I'm pretty sure I've recently signed a petition to stop businesses refusing cash.

P

Peatness

I learned something this week but I am unsure if it is fully grounded in truth. Perhaps @Pina you could verify.
The contention was that HSBC is an extension of British intelligence and was founded back in the eighteen hundreds by the opium trade. I believe a few years back they were caught with money from the heroin trade and have ties with the triads who were part of the distribution network set up by British intelligence to weaken China through opium addiction.
This if true would be an example of a willingness to the application of dirty tricks used in the past, and as we see today in this case the leopard has not changed it’s spots.
I am not aware of the connection to the British intelligence service . They are partnered with the WEF

They've be fined for money laundering

Doc Sandoz

This is true, in some of the major supermarkets the amount of human checkouts has halved and the self-checkouts have doubled, although you can still use cash at the self-checkouts. I still come across a few places which are actually cash only but they are far and few between. If a shop was no cash I would stop shopping there.

Interesting. Here in the mountain city where I live, the self-serve checkouts at several grocery stores disappeared over the last year or so. They'd been installed maybe two or three years before that. I guess they were more trouble than they were worth - the supervising clerk was continuously busy helping people deal with them one way or another.

I personally spend about ten times more cash than I used to before Catherine Fitts suggested cash Fridays. In fact, as to my local spending, it's cash every day.

Last edited:
P

Peatness

The latest thing in many supermarkets in the England is the facial recognition at the self service tills. It started with the co-op but I've noticed it in other supermarkets

Doc Sandoz

The latest thing in many supermarkets in the England is the facial recognition at the self service tills. It started with the co-op but I've noticed it in other supermarkets

Nothing like that here. But then Brits are used to being spied on, have been for years through CCTV, so not a surprising move.

Drareg

Here's a good read from Bill Epstein Gates from a few years ago about India transitioning to digital currency. Written in the 2016 he predicted India to be fully digitised in 7 years, we are nearly upon said timeline........

It's incredible how leaders in their nations just sell their countries out for this disgusting human being.

The world will go cashless and India will move quite rapidly to a digital payments economy, said billionaire philanthropist Bill Gates, co-chair of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Gates, who co-runs the world’s largest private foundation, believes digital transactions will be a game changer, reducing inflation, interest rates and transaction fees.

Digital world lets you track things,” said Gates, pointing out that Nordic countries use very little cash and are now moving debit cards to cell phones. “The world as a whole will go cashless, but predicting for any country when that will happen is very hard,” he said when ET asked him about the future of cashless transactions and economies.

On biometric identity Aadhaar, Gates said, “Today, Aadhaar is not being as widely used as it will be in 10 years from now. If you want to identify people in a way that it is hard to lie (like to transfer digital payments), Aadhaar is the foundation for that.”

@Mauritio

-Luke-

On the Indian experiment:

Peat talked about this topic on one or two podcasts. He said that people in India without a bank account just starved.

Edit:
Where I live I see more and more people using cash again after the fear mongering in 2020. Especially elderly people. It seems like the last two years haven't been enough to erase decades of habits. I'm worried about younger people, though. I don't see much resistance there.

Back
Top Bottom