Bright red face

messtafarian

Does anyone know why I keep waking up in the morning with a bright red face?

It's very strange. I am actually treating sort of Something Wrong; taking progesterone, pregnenolone, doxycycline, grapefruit seed extract and so on, but this goes on regardless of what I take at night and I think I've sort of cycled through everything I'm taking.

I wake up, every morning, with a bright red face, nose, etcetera. It feels hot to the touch and also internally from inside my skin. I don't have rosacea or skin problems normally and the hormones I'm taking I've been taking for two years, so I don't think it has anything to do with that.

Any thoughts at all? I would ignore it but I am concerned it is a symptom.

purelaur

could it be a niacin flush?

I experienced a similar thing from taking 1/2 tsp of turmeric at once

haidut

Forum Supporter
messtafarian said:
Does anyone know why I keep waking up in the morning with a bright red face?

It's very strange. I am actually treating sort of Something Wrong; taking progesterone, pregnenolone, doxycycline, grapefruit seed extract and so on, but this goes on regardless of what I take at night and I think I've sort of cycled through everything I'm taking.

I wake up, every morning, with a bright red face, nose, etcetera. It feels hot to the touch and also internally from inside my skin. I don't have rosacea or skin problems normally and the hormones I'm taking I've been taking for two years, so I don't think it has anything to do with that.

Any thoughts at all? I would ignore it but I am concerned it is a symptom.

Two things that are known to cause these symptoms are histamine and serotonin. I don't know which it is in your case, but you can try taking antihistamine or aspirin and see if the flush disappears. Since aspirin lowers plasma serotonin as well, it should be effective in both cases. If that does not work, then it's probably something locally vascular causing blood to pool up there.

moss

I concur with purelaur and haidut

and another thought, have the symptoms started whilst you are on doxycycline?
If you look at some of the possible side effects of Doxycyline - skin rash, hives, redness of skin, perhaps this could be the culprit?

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/drug ... 82063.html

and I believe Grapefruit is a thyroid suppressor in case you were not aware of?

moss

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals