Breyer's Bites The Dust?

Lilac

Am I crazy, or didn't Breyer's have a couple of "all natural" flavors up until a few weeks ago? Now the "natural vanilla" has a gum in the ingredient list.

Turkey Hill's website still lists a range of "all natural" flavors--no gums.

marcar72

I'm pretty sure it's just you. I highly doubt a household name like Breyer's would care much about making "all natural" ice cream. Even the term "all natural" can mean a whole lotta different things, many of which aren't good for you. I wasn't aware of Turkey Hill brand.

The only brand I know of that's old school/real ice cream is the Haagen Dazs "5 ingredients" types like Vanilla, Chocolate, Coffee, Strawberry... there might be one or two other flavors I'm forgetting. :2cents

EDIT: It seems maybe Breyers started using the crap gum ingredient as of 03/01/13 according to one of their online nutritional labels for "Natural Vanilla". See it's still "all natural" crap gum ingredient though. :roll:

Lin

Haagen-Das RUM RAISIN No gums! Cream, skim milk, rum raisins (raisins, sugar, water, rum), sugar, egg yolks, rum. Total yummy! Great on baked apples. The small amount of rum doesn't even read on Cronometer.

Luann

In the expired goods store we sometimes get these ice creams that apparently weren't fake enough to get sold in big markets like Whole Foods. So they wind up half-price. They're always like organic vanilla, no gums, no anything. It's pretty much a win win situation.