Brewer's Yeast A Cure For Diabetes And More..

reaching

Oh really? I hadn't heard that one! Brewer's yeast?

Yes! It's a pill form common where I live but has a bunch of additives. So I use hot water and stir every now and then for few minutes and let settle then drink liquid and leave sediment at bottom. Going to get some flake or powder to avoid the additives. I like it so far.
It's helped replenish my b vitamins as well I feel. I will keep doing it until I dont feel like I need to.
If see one of my other posts on a different thread about brewers yeast you can see the brand and the translation of its uses that are common here.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Yes! It's a pill form common where I live but has a bunch of additives. So I use hot water and stir every now and then for few minutes and let settle then drink liquid and leave sediment at bottom. Going to get some flake or powder to avoid the additives. I like it so far.
It's helped replenish my b vitamins as well I feel. I will keep doing it until I dont feel like I need to.
If see one of my other posts on a different thread about brewers yeast you can see the brand and the translation of its uses that are common here.
I always have some in my panty. Thanks for reminding me to leave the sediment on the bottom!

AncestralJoy

I can see nutritional yeast being amazing on popcorn, but Brewer's yeast would turn muddy wouldn't it?
I’m not sure what you mean about muddy? But I’ve seen and bought myself brewers yeast and it’s a powder that you sprinkle onto things. We just used to sprinkle it onto the popcorn.

AncestralJoy

I can see nutritional yeast being amazing on popcorn, but Brewer's yeast would turn muddy wouldn't it?
A7BEA632-9EA8-410C-82FA-B9ABFD68CEFD.jpeg

From what I can tell it is brewers yeast? But maybe there are proper ones and not proper ones? I’m not sure. We eat it on toast mixed in with butter too. I don’t know if it’s an acquired taste lol but my whole family likes it

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I’m not sure what you mean about muddy? But I’ve seen and bought myself brewers yeast and it’s a powder that you sprinkle onto things. We just used to sprinkle it onto the popcorn.
Every Brewers yeast I have bough gets muddy when it gets wet. Like mine here in this pic. Brewer's yeast taste and smells awful like dry beef liver, it is not pleasant to me, but Nutritional yeast is delicious.

Attachments

• 20210606_161030.jpg
    20210606_161030.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 23
OP
Rinse & rePeat
View attachment 24063
From what I can tell it is brewers yeast? But maybe there are proper ones and not proper ones? I’m not sure. We eat it on toast mixed in with butter too. I don’t know if it’s an acquired taste lol but my whole family likes it
You know it girl LOVES cow's liver, even as a kid, but I am traumatized by the taste. My youngest son has always liked Brewers yeast, but the rest of us can barely get it down. I have been eaating brewers yeast for 50+ years and still haven't acquired a taste for it. Do you like cow liver Joy?

AncestralJoy

You know it girl LOVES cow's liver, even as a kid, but I am traumatized by the taste. My youngest son has always liked Brewers yeast, but the rest of us can barely get it down. I have been eaating brewers yeast for 50+ years and still haven't acquired a taste for it. Do you like cow liver Joy?
Haha yeah wow no I hate it and hate the powdered stuff too. Could you send me a link to the brewers yeast you buy? I’d like to compare and see if what I’m getting is real stuff then, maybe it’s called something different here in New Zealand.

ours does go muddy when wet but to sprinkle on popcorn it only gets moist enough to stick to the popcorn curnels themselves not become muddy

I didn’t know about it being eatrogenic either
I would guess then maybe beef liver would be a better option for the nutrient profile than brewers yeast if the yeast is

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Haha yeah wow no I hate it and hate the powdered stuff too. Could you send me a link to the brewers yeast you buy? I’d like to compare and see if what I’m getting is real stuff then, maybe it’s called something different here in New Zealand.

ours does go muddy when wet but to sprinkle on popcorn it only gets moist enough to stick to the popcorn curnels themselves not become muddy

I didn’t know about it being eatrogenic either
I would guess then maybe beef liver would be a better option for the nutrient profile than brewers yeast if the yeast is
Here's mine, and it is "non bitter" and suppose to taste better, but it doesn't. Yeah Ray doesn't recommend it , but does say good things about it. He says to mix it with water and wait for the sediment to settle and only drink the watery part.

Attachments

• 20210606_164823.jpg
    20210606_164823.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 15

reaching

This has happened a handful of times in the last week that I thought it warranted a mention to see if anyone else could explain why or if they experienced something similar.

since switching to Solgar brewers yeast powder, I have an almost instant relief of sinus congestion and increase in ability to breathe through my nose after consuming 20 ~ 30 grams mixed in warm to lukewarm water. I’ve been just consuming the entire powder because is impossible not to and I haven’t had any ill effects from it yet.

I have been suffering from sinus issues since contracting Chinese aids last year and it’s been a fight to try and find what works. Somethings relieve it temporarily. This seems to quickly open me up.

AncestralJoy

Ve
This has happened a handful of times in the last week that I thought it warranted a mention to see if anyone else could explain why or if they experienced something similar.

since switching to Solgar brewers yeast powder, I have an almost instant relief of sinus congestion and increase in ability to breathe through my nose after consuming 20 ~ 30 grams mixed in warm to lukewarm water. I’ve been just consuming the entire powder because is impossible not to and I haven’t had any ill effects from it yet.

I have been suffering from sinus issues since contracting Chinese aids last year and it’s been a fight to try and find what works. Somethings relieve it temporarily. This seems to quickly open me up.
very interesting report! I wonder about the mechanism here. I might have to try this for my own CA symptoms.

Motif

Nutritional yeast flared my eczema up like crazy.

would brewers years be better with histamine issues ?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Nutritional yeast flared my eczema up like crazy.

would brewers years be better with histamine issues ?
Nutritional yeast is different from Brewer's yeast. Not only is Brewer's yeast far more nutritious, but nutritional yeast has glutamate and Brewer's doesn't.

OP
Rinse & rePeat

That is very interesting reaching. You just switched Brewer's yeast brands and it made that difference?

Hgreen56

Ray Peat has told of the miracle of brewer's yeast, which includes curing his father of diabetes, and boldly states he thinks it can be a good thing used "for a short time". My dad gave it to my brother and I, daily for years, and we escaped the childhood diseases and viruses going around during that awful yeast drinking period. We laughed about it years later, how my dad thought adding the honey to it was such a treat for us, and how in reality we choked it down so we wouldn't hurt his feelings. He swears it is what saved my life when other children, my age, were apparently dropping off like flies from being exposed to toxic DES in the womb, as I was when my mother took it too to avoid a second miscarriage. Being a true believer in the power of brewer's yeast, I sporatically gave it to my kids, as a healthy "out", calling it "the dollar dinner", happy to give them a dollar to drink it instead of dealing with the occasional struggle to get them to eat their dinner. It now makes me wonder what other wonderous things it can do, "using it for a short time". Has anybody else had any other positive experiences with it, that might be worth trading in the estrogen ridden sushi trips and gluten laden pizza splurges for once in awhile? Just "for a short time" of course!
Did ray ever tell what dosage his dad used?

brewers yeast is highly estrogenic, i think this is why ray ditcht the yeast and supplementing b vitamines. (the "power" of yeast)
Also brewers yeast contains gluten and sulphites.
The blood sugar stability is from biotin that also brewers yeast has.
i have noticed that mote people that supplementing biotin (not yeast) have better blood sugar stability.
The b vitamines are the "magic".... thats all.

Last edited: