Brewer's Yeast A Cure For Diabetes And More..

Ray Peat has told of the miracle of brewer's yeast, which includes curing his father of diabetes, and boldly states he thinks it can be a good thing used "for a short time". My dad gave it to my brother and I, daily for years, and we escaped the childhood diseases and viruses going around during that awful yeast drinking period. We laughed about it years later, how my dad thought adding the honey to it was such a treat for us, and how in reality we choked it down so we wouldn't hurt his feelings. He swears it is what saved my life when other children, my age, were apparently dropping off like flies from being exposed to toxic DES in the womb, as I was when my mother took it too to avoid a second miscarriage. Being a true believer in the power of brewer's yeast, I sporatically gave it to my kids, as a healthy "out", calling it "the dollar dinner", happy to give them a dollar to drink it instead of dealing with the occasional struggle to get them to eat their dinner. It now makes me wonder what other wonderous things it can do, "using it for a short time". Has anybody else had any other positive experiences with it, that might be worth trading in the estrogen ridden sushi trips and gluten laden pizza splurges for once in awhile? Just "for a short time" of course!

Inaut

Ray Peat has told of the miracle of brewer's yeast, which includes curing his father of diabetes, and boldly states he thinks it can be a good thing used "for a short time". My dad gave it to my brother and I, daily for years, and we escaped the childhood diseases and viruses going around during that awful yeast drinking period. We laughed about it years later, how my dad thought adding the honey to it was such a treat for us, and how in reality we choked it down so we wouldn't hurt his feelings. He swears it is what saved my life when other children, my age, were apparently dropping off like flies from being exposed to toxic DES in the womb, as I was when my mother took it too to avoid a second miscarriage. Being a true believer in the power of brewer's yeast, I sporatically gave it to my kids, as a healthy "out", calling it "the dollar dinner", happy to give them a dollar to drink it instead of dealing with the occasional struggle to get them to eat their dinner. It now makes me wonder what other wonderous things it can do, "using it for a short time". Has anybody else had any other positive experiences with it, that might be worth trading in the estrogen ridden sushi trips and gluten laden pizza splurges for once in awhile? Just "for a short time" of course!
I use nutritional yeast with my MB. It covers a lot of ground.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
The two have similarities, but are still different. Besides nutritional yeast having natural occurring glutamates aka MSG, making it much tastier, I never knew the differences between the two until I read this article. Sorry for my ignorance, but what does MB stand for?

bk_

The two have similarities, but are still different. Besides nutritional yeast having natural occurring glutamates aka MSG, making it much tastier, I never knew the differences between the two until I read this article. Sorry for my ignorance, but what does MB stand for?

MB stands for “Methylene Blue“ which is used for staining cells for microscopy and was once used as an anti-malarial prophylactic. Read Ray Peat has written about it.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
MB stands for “Methylene Blue“ which is used for staining cells for microscopy and was once used as an anti-malarial prophylactic. Read Ray Peat has written about it.
Gotcha! I have everything still to learn on that subject. Thanks for your input!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I love the taste of nutritional yeast, but worry about a possible histamine snowball. What benefits have you gained that might be worth puting it in my arsenal? Is it anything Ray Peat has talked about?

OP
Rinse & rePeat

OP
Rinse & rePeat

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xmqi_LrRT4

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Brewer's Yeast has been used traditionally to correct diabetes, and its high content of niacin and other B vitamins and potassium might account for its beneficial effects. However, eating a large quantity of it is likely to cause gas, so some people prefer to extract the soluble nutrients with hot water. Yeast contains a considerable amount of estrogen, and the water extract probably leaves much of that in the insoluble starchy residue. Liver is another rich source of the B vitamins as well as the oily vitamins, but it can suppress thyroid function, so usually one meal a week is enough."-Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Some Cook under us?
Brewers yeast, Masa Harina dumplings?
I am not sure what exactly you are asking. I can't see cooking with brewer's yeast, it is NOT tasty like nutritional yeast. Nutritional yeast has glutamate and is NOT recommended for diabetes.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Unlike nutritional yeast, brewer’s yeast is naturally rich in chromium, which can help lower blood sugar levels. As such, brewer’s yeast might be a better option for people with diabetes. Nutritional yeast is usually fortified with vitamin B12 and thus more suitable for vegans, who can be at risk of B12 deficiency [3, 5]."

yerrag

"Brewer's Yeast has been used traditionally to correct diabetes, and its high content of niacin and other B vitamins and potassium might account for its beneficial effects. However, eating a large quantity of it is likely to cause gas, so some people prefer to extract the soluble nutrients with hot water. Yeast contains a considerable amount of estrogen, and the water extract probably leaves much of that in the insoluble starchy residue. Liver is another rich source of the B vitamins as well as the oily vitamins, but it can suppress thyroid function, so usually one meal a week is enough."-Ray Peat
Now I can see why brewer's yeast works for diabetes. The chromium for improving insulin sensitivity, the potassium for increased absorption of sugar into tissues, and the b vitamins, such as b1 and b3, which, are needed for some of the enzymes needed to effect good sugar metabolism. The better and more efficient the metabolism of glucose, the better the blood sugar regulation, and vice versa, in a virtuous cycle.

Thanks for sharing the article. I'll go with the brewer's yeast.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Now I can see why brewer's yeast works for diabetes. The chromium for improving insulin sensitivity, the potassium for increased absorption of sugar into tissues, and the b vitamins, such as b1 and b3, which, are needed for some of the enzymes needed to effect good sugar metabolism. The better and more efficient the metabolism of glucose, the better the blood sugar regulation, and vice versa, in a virtuous cycle.

Thanks for sharing the article. I'll go with the brewer's yeast.
Thank you for breaking it it down like you did for everybody yerrag. I would love to hear back from anybody who tries it!

mm33

Forum Supporter
Rinse & rePeat thanks so much for this post and all your posts. I learn so much from all of them. I'll delve into brewer's yeast a little more to see if i should add to the diet. I do take oxidal from idealabs which has MB so it might be a good thing to add as per above.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Rinse & rePeat thanks so much for this post and all your posts. I learn so much from all of them. I'll delve into brewer's yeast a little more to see if i should add to the diet. I do take oxidal from idealabs which has MB so it might be a good thing to add as per above.
Awww mm33 thank you so much for saying that! Feel free to reach out anytime in case I can have anything else helpful to add :)

reaching

It makes my already nicely regular movements more pleasant. I would say it makes things more complete. I do feel like it gives a boost of energy if taken through out the day too.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
It makes my already nicely regular movements more pleasant. I would say it makes things more complete. I do feel like it gives a boost of energy if taken through out the day too.
Oh really? I hadn't heard that one! Brewer's yeast?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Well what do know! Brewer's yeast is good for constipation and other digestive woes!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210604-195235_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210604-195235_Samsung Internet.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 68
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals