Brewer's Yeast A Cure For Diabetes And More..

Missenger

is the estrogen in the yeast just phytoestrogens ? I mean even things like peaches and prunes have phytoestrogen, I doubt its really that bad. Soy and flax have an crazy amount so those are worth avoiding, but besides that doesn't seem to be a big problem. the bigger problem is gas from the fiber in the sediment
Peaches are goitrogenic so take what you want from that.

gaze

Peaches are goitrogenic so take what you want from that.
I agree i'm not a big fan of them personally, but I don't think the phytoestrogen part is that bad. rather the fiber is a bigger issue, same with prunes, and same with yeast. I'm no big expert on phytoestrogens however

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Estrogen is present in the sludge. B vitamins are water soluble. Leave the sludge. Drink the water. Avoid the estrogen.
At this point until it get'scasked again I am just gonna drink the whole thing and call it a restaurant visit, which is worse.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Zinc, as in oysters, and potassium and the B vitamins, as in brewer’s yeast, are sometimes necessary. Many people get gas from the complex carbohydrates in yeast. This can be prevented by steeping a tablespoonful in a cup of boiling water, and drinking only the yellow liquid and throwing away the sediment. Protein is lost, but the other nutrients are highly soluble.” -Ray Peat

Whew! I found this quote on....

SamuraiJack

FWIW, nutritional yeast always brings be back to normality after drinking coffee. Coffee does a big number on my B1 levels, nutritional yeast tops it up right away.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
FWIW, nutritional yeast always brings be back to normality after drinking coffee. Coffee does a big number on my B1 levels, nutritional yeast tops it up right away.
Why would coffee lower B1 levels? Does the low level make you feel a particular way? I know before Peat, when I didn't add the sugar to my coffee, it would eventually make me feel queasy until i ate something. Now drinking lattes with milk in them i never get hungry or feel unstable.

SamuraiJack

Why would coffee lower B1 levels? Does the low level make you feel a particular way? I know before Peat, when I didn't add the sugar to my coffee, it would eventually make me feel queasy until i ate something. Now drinking lattes with milk in them i never get hungry or feel unstable.
I'd just feel weird, uneasy in myself. With some palpitations too. The yeast would sort it out straight away. Bare in mind coffee also lowers potassium and nutritional yeast does contain a little...but I experimented with thiamine pills which did work for me. Thus B1 being the culprit.
Yes, a component of coffee can bind to/deplete B1.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I'd just feel weird, uneasy in myself. With some palpitations too. The yeast would sort it out straight away. Bare in mind coffee also lowers potassium and nutritional yeast does contain a little...but I experimented with thiamine pills which did work for me. Thus B1 being the culprit.
Yes, a component of coffee can bind to/deplete B1.
I didn't know about the potassium depletion. I would think the milk in my coffee should replenish and the thiamine too. Do you use milk in your coffee?

SamuraiJack

I didn't know about the potassium depletion. I would think the milk in my coffee should replenish and the thiamine too. Do you use milk in your coffee?
Nothing to worry about if you're only getting a couple cups a day. Besides you've got nutritional yeast in your arsenal (potassium).
I tend to switch from cream to no cream in my coffee.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Nothing to worry about if you're only getting a couple cups a day. Besides you've got nutritional yeast in your arsenal (potassium).
I tend to switch from cream to no cream in my coffee.
I only use the brewer's yeast. I do love the taste of nutritional yeast though. Do you just eat it, or mix it with water?

freyasam

“Zinc, as in oysters, and potassium and the B vitamins, as in brewer’s yeast, are sometimes necessary. Many people get gas from the complex carbohydrates in yeast. This can be prevented by steeping a tablespoonful in a cup of boiling water, and drinking only the yellow liquid and throwing away the sediment. Protein is lost, but the other nutrients are highly soluble.” -Ray Peat

Whew! I found this quote on....
Thanks for this thread. Ordering some now. Been meaning to try it for years and never did for some reason.

Any reason you prefer the Bluebonnet brand to Solgar or Now?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Thanks for this thread. Ordering some now. Been meaning to try it for years and never did for some reason.

Any reason you prefer the Bluebonnet brand to Solgar or Now?

No reason. I like that it was debittered and it wasn't cheap. I only use it on occasion when my diet seems lacking for someone is sick.

freyasam

No reason. I like that it was debittered and it wasn't cheap. I only use it on occasion when my diet seems lacking for someone is sick.
I've been eating 2-4 TB of Bluebonnet yeast and I LOVE IT. It was a pain to boil it so I'm just stirring it in lukewarm water. Not sure if that's bad or not. I'm also drinking all of it and not discarding the solid. I don't know if it's helping or not (if anything my health is worse this week though I'm also really stressed about the mandates, etc), but I'm going to keep at it for a while because I crave it and look forward to it every day. Hopefully it's not increasing estrogen.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I've been eating 2-4 TB of Bluebonnet yeast and I LOVE IT. It was a pain to boil it so I'm just stirring it in lukewarm water. Not sure if that's bad or not. I'm also drinking all of it and not discarding the solid. I don't know if it's helping or not (if anything my health is worse this week though I'm also really stressed about the mandates, etc), but I'm going to keep at it for a while because I crave it and look forward to it every day. Hopefully it's not increasing estrogen.

You know I was raised on it for several years, but Ray Peat doesn't endorse it for daily use. Maybe cut your doses in half or use it when you feel you need a boost. Anything everday is likely to backfire.

PeskyPeater

is the estrogen in the yeast just phytoestrogens ? I mean even things like peaches and prunes have phytoestrogen, I doubt its really that bad. Soy and flax have an crazy amount so those are worth avoiding, but besides that doesn't seem to be a big problem. the bigger problem is gas from the fiber in the sediment
Bio-identical estradiol in brewers yeast. look

June

What's the consensus on using brewer's yeast if one has Candida or is immunocompromised?? Will it have a negative effect?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
What's the consensus on using brewer's yeast if one has Candida or is immunocompromise
d?? Will it have a negative effect?

Nutritional yeast definetly not, but this site says to avoid btewers yeast only if you have yeast allergy....

June

Nutritional yeast definetly not, but this site says to avoid btewers yeast only if you have yeast allergy....

Thanks for that! There are some accounts online where some have developed infections after consuming brewers yeast for long periods. Not sure how much to take with a grain of salt.