Brewer's Yeast A Cure For Diabetes And More..

Rinse & rePeat

Did ray ever tell what dosage his dad used?

brewers yeast is highly estrogenic, i think this is why ray ditcht the yeast and supplementing b vitamines. (the "power" of yeast)
Also brewers yeast contains gluten and sulphites.
The blood sugar stability is from biotin that also brewers yeast has.
i have noticed that mote people that supplementing biotin (not yeast) have better blood sugar stability.
The b vitamines are the "magic".... thats all.
I have never heard him say what the dosage was, but I think I remember reading that his dad was cured in a matter of weeks. You know when I think about things like Brewer's yeast I don't get too freaked out having it to fill in once in a while when I am feeling "off" or sluggish, people on this site do far more estrogenic things that offer nothing. Even a half dose can be beneficial once in a while. I don't think we should be reliant on anything daily. Ray says to get our suppliments from food and it certainly is a food. He talks about it's benefits enough that I don't think it is anything to fear, he even tells how to drink it to minimize it's downside. I think weighing it against asking oneself, "should I avoid this "food" because of some estrogens or is it worth giving it a shot cause I don't want diabetes?" I grew up on the stuff and am only better for it.

Hgreen56

I have never heard him say what the dosage was, but I think I remember reading that his dad was cured in a matter of weeks. You know when I think about things like Brewer's yeast I don't get too freaked out having it to fill in once in a while when I am feeling "off" or sluggish, people on this site do far more estrogenic things that offer nothing. Even a half dose can be beneficial once in a while. I don't think we should be reliant on anything daily. Ray says to get our suppliments from food and it certainly is a food. He talks about it's benefits enough that I don't think it is anything to fear, he even tells how to drink it to minimize it's downside. I think weighing it against asking oneself, "should I avoid this "food" because of some estrogens or is it worth giving it a shot cause I don't want diabetes?" I grew up on the stuff and am only better for it.
ah yes, I remember now something like that now... something about boiling yeast in water and only drink the solution?
i think my preference remains with meat anyway haha

Rinse & rePeat

ah yes, I remember now something like that now... something about boiling yeast in water and only drink the solution?
i think my preference remains with meat anyway haha
I don't have blood sugar issues so I can take it or leave it. I have been giving it to my finicky little dog who is up in years and she sure gobbles it up!

Rinse & rePeat

I had a fresh picked grapefruit the other night, that was SO sweet and juicy, but I forgot they are really high in estrogens. I wish i could go back and redo that little woopsie and swap it for a serving of Brewer's yeast instead 🌞

Rinse & rePeat

“Brewer’s yeast has been used successfully to treat diabetes. In the 1930s, my father had severe diabetes, but after a few weeks of living on brewer’s yeast, he recovered and never had any further evidence of diabetes. Besides its high B-vitamin and protein content, yeast is an unusual food that should be sparingly used, because of its high phosphorous/calcium ratio, high potassium to sodium ratio, and high estrogen content. The insulin-producing beta cells of the pancreas have estrogen receptors, but I don’t know of any new research investigating this aspect of yeast therapy.” -Ray Peat

Rinse & rePeat

“Many people with diabetes have used brewer’s yeast and DHEA to improve their sugar metabolism. In diabetes, very little sugar enters the cells, so fatigue is a problem.” -Ray Peat

Rinse & rePeat

This one is more to your point at the bottom, with Ray saying he only recommends using it to treat diabetes.

“Since early in this century, brewer’s yeast was used for treating diabetes. The pancreas has an estrogen receptor, and estrogen promotes insulin secretion. Since reading of yeasts’ responsiveness to sex hormones about 15 years ago, I have encouraged people to use liver when they need a vitamin-mineral supplement, and to restrict the use of brewer’s yeast mainly to treatment of diabetes.”-Ray Peat

Hgreen56

This one is more to your point at the bottom, with Ray saying he only recommends using it to treat diabetes.

“Since early in this century, brewer’s yeast was used for treating diabetes. The pancreas has an estrogen receptor, and estrogen promotes insulin secretion. Since reading of yeasts’ responsiveness to sex hormones about 15 years ago, I have encouraged people to use liver when they need a vitamin-mineral supplement, and to restrict the use of brewer’s yeast mainly to treatment of diabetes.”-Ray Peat
👍

BrianF

From memory Nathan Hatch was recommending a gluten free version made form Beetroot as a great source of b-vitamins. My mother used to take it and swore it cured a bout of stress related hairloss when she was nursing her own mother in old age many years ago.

Rinse & rePeat

From memory Nathan Hatch was recommending a gluten free version made form Beetroot as a great source of b-vitamins. My mother used to take it and swore it cured a bout of stress related hairloss when she was nursing her own mother in old age many years ago.
I have the beet root one too! I would never turn down a can of it. During tough times it would be SO valuable!

Attachments

• 20210705_125810.jpg
    20210705_125810.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 3

Rinse & rePeat

I just ran across this Ray Peat quote on drinking Brewer's yeast. I thought we drink the yellow water and pour off the sediment? Now I am rereading his quote on page one and maybe seeing that the sediment has the value. Am i correct about this?

"I would use about a fourth of a cup, and let it stand until it finished settling, and then just pour off the clear yellow part." -Ray Peat

Inaut

I just ran across this Ray Peat quote on drinking Brewer's yeast. I thought we drink the yellow water and pour off the sediment? Now I am rereading his quote on page one and maybe seeing that the sediment has the value. Am i correct about this?

"I would use about a fourth of a cup, and let it stand until it finished settling, and then just pour off the clear yellow part." -Ray Peat
I think he left sediment and only drank the liquid

gaze

is the estrogen in the yeast just phytoestrogens ? I mean even things like peaches and prunes have phytoestrogen, I doubt its really that bad. Soy and flax have an crazy amount so those are worth avoiding, but besides that doesn't seem to be a big problem. the bigger problem is gas from the fiber in the sediment