Breathing Problems (especially At Night)

OP
A

A1A

Buteyko-Breathing-Guide-Download.jpg

OP
A

A1A

I have a heart rate monitor. Would it be helpful to combine Buteyko with my emwave?

Great, I found all the cables for my emwave.
I can get into the correct heart rate zone and do Buteyko breathing at the same time; if that is possible. Will need to find the software online, though.

Last edited:

blueorca

Try mixing a tablespoon on baking soda in water. And keep the room warm. This helps me.

OP
A

A1A

I should breathe Buteykoically for 5 minutes per day?
blueorca, should a I drink the water with the baking soda?

OP
A

A1A

Is there a breath monitor for CO2 or nitric acid that I might consider buying?
Are there chemicals that could help with this? I think that i have some thiamine around somewhere.

It is interesting that articles mention how hyperventilation changes metabolic processes such as Krebs cycle and
acid-base balance. I wonder how this might be applicable to cancer management.

I think that Buteyko breathing could be compatible with my Ultrabreather.
The Ultrabreather helps strengthen respiratory muscles and also restricts
air intake. They might make a great combination. I noted on the thread that
when I tried the Ultrabreather before for only a few minutes I had a very
strong response. My entire cardiovascular system seemed to go into
panic mode: I will only use it for short periods and then build up.

OP
A

A1A

Thank you everyone!
I think I started feeling a sense of relaxation very soon after I started breathing buteykoically.

Below is an emwave2 session.
This is called heart centered breathing.
It does not seem to cause breath restriction, though perhaps I could move it so that restriction and coherence occurred at the same time.

emwave session 1.PNG

OP
A

A1A

hamster, could you provide me with some examples of your breathing problems that happened during the day?
Up till this point, I have not experienced day time breathing problems. My respiratory issues might have slightly
limited my activities, though in terms of typical behavior during the day, I have not noticed anything that I can
recall. Have you had respiratory problems that were serious even during the day? I want to be able to understand
serious respiratory issues from someone who really understands what it is like first hand. What I have experienced to date
during the night time has been unpleasant, yet even with the few minutes of Buteyko breathing that I practiced last
night I seemed to have a better night of it.

Last edited:

Giraffe

@ecstatichamster , I don't want to derail your acetazolamide thread therefore I post here. You mentioned chest tightness in the title. I don't know if tension is part of your problem. Anyway, I would like to share a few things that help me opening the chest. They are inspired by Alexander technique.
  1. In Alexander technique they think that if you get your head position right many things will fall into place. The most superior (first) cervical vertebra is somewhere between your ears, and that where you head sits on. My own approach is to think of emptyness around it. In Alexander technique there is the concept of 'forward and up'. There are several ways to approach it, maybe you like to google it.
  2. A technique that works very well for me I have learned from this video. In short: There are points on your body that are notorious for causing trouble. Don't do anything to actively relax them. Once you pay attention to them they start to relax by themselves. This is how our body wants things to be. Talking about opening the chest, trouble makers for me are (1) the shoulder blades, (2) different points on the arms. For you it might be different points: the base of your tongue, the thorax... Just play around with the idea or follow the suggestions the lady gives in her videos.
Hope you find something that helps you.

mrchibbs

hamster, could you provide me with some examples of your breathing problems that happened during the day?
Up till this point, I have not experienced day time breathing problems. My respiratory issues might have slightly
limited my activities, though in terms of typical behavior during the day, I have not noticed anything that I can
recall. Have you had respiratory problems that were serious even during the day? I want to be able to understand
serious respiratory issues from someone who really understands what it is like first hand. What I have experienced to date
during the night time has been unpleasant, yet even with the few minutes of Buteyko breathing that I practiced last
night I seemed to have a better night of it.

I too have suffered from severe breathing difficulties at night for more than 2 years (since late 2017). I had severe asthma as a child, but this all came back crashing when I was in my mid 20s. It's been horrible at times with also bouts of terrible acid reflux and choking on food.

Basically I've been sick and barely able to do anything for more than 2 years. I've gotten a lot better, but I'm still depleted from all the stress of not breathing and gasping for air. The genesis of my problem were years of stress and poor lifestyle (fast food, darkness, no vitamin D, overworked, EMF) and also my apartment had a severe mold problem which made other people sick, and it took me several years to realize it.

When I was at my worst, in the fall of 2017, summer of 2018 and last winter, I couldn't even walk really but I would get lung pain and be out of breath. Over the past 12 months, I've improved a lot but my health still hasn't gone back close to what it was before and I'm still sensitive to stress and if stay up too long at night I have trouble breathing in bed.

Focusing on intestinal issues is the key I believe, Ray has identified that as the #1 driver of lung problems. Clear your intestines of endotoxin, and take anti-serotonin supplements, and that should help your lungs function better.