Breathable mask to pass for air travel?

Perry Staltic

Be like the guy who kept a french fry in his mouth for the entire flight, 1.5 hours, because he didn't have to wear a mask while eating

Recently I haven't been bothered too much, having a drink, something to eat, falling asleep maskless. They have not bothered me. I have a flight coming up and hope the record continues. Board with the mask, sit, get something to drink, mask stays off...everyone is so sick of this mask c**p that they just don't want to be little nazis anymore. My experience on American Airlines who was quite bad early on in the phonydemic.

OP
F

freyasam

My husband said he saw a flight attendant wearing the mesh one with the rhinestones.
Wow! The mask looks really transparent and like people would take issue with it, but maybe I'll give it a try. Any recommendation for a color that would look less questionable?

InChristAlone

Wow! The mask looks really transparent and like people would take issue with it, but maybe I'll give it a try. Any recommendation for a color that would look less questionable?
I just got the black mesh with the rhinestones. Some people wear it over the cloth mask so people are somewhat used to seeing them.

Be like the guy who kept a french fry in his mouth for the entire flight, 1.5 hours, because he didn't have to wear a mask while eating
I had a seamstress make some out of triple layer mosquito netting. You can’t see through it, but I can breathe very well.

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
I have to fly coming up soon. Can anyone recommend a mask that is more breathable that will pass airport staff scrutiny? They won't let you on the plane without a mask. I have seen the Unmask, but it looks like mesh. I'm not sure they will let you on the plane with that. Has anyone flown with such a mask?
This is the mask I use to fly. It states that it’s 3-ply, but I find it more breathable than other masks. My kids also (unfortunately) wear these masks daily for school. When flying, I pull the mask down so that it barely covers my nose, and I’m able to breathe out of the top of the mask. I’ve found when flying international from US to UK (10+ hour flight), once the lights turn down, I’m able to pull my mask down completely inside my hoodie and sleep without a mask for many hours. I always fit in window seat so I can turn my face to window and hide in a blanket or hoodie. It’s all so ridiculous ?‍♀️ Hope this helps!

Egook Black Disposable Face Masks, 100 Pack Face Mask 3 Ply Disposable Masks Amazon product ASIN B09DVFZVFBView: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09DVFZVFB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_9B73CWT8NBG9R5WW6XX1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

InChristAlone

The issue with any kind of cloth over your face is risk of breathing bacterial products.

AdoTintor

when i thought i would have to lecture in a mask i set about trying to get a good solution to this problem. i tried to remove the filters to the ones with plasic pods and it helps a bit. Also I removed as many layers as possible but it is still was not pleasant.

In the end the best solution, and one that i can completely recommend, is these chiffon masks - they are very thin and the nature of material is that it is perforated - so very easy to breathe. i was worried that it would be obvious to everyone - i didnt want a "f_ck you and your lockdowns" mask. unbelievably nobody can see the true nature of the mask - unless you take it off and give them the mask to look at - it is impossible to tell.

i got the black one with stars with two layers. i got them for my sons to wear at school otherwise they get skin infections.

the one I have is more like, sorry to say it this way, the material used in sexy underwear, full of holes but you can't see them from the outside. And it is not like NOT wearing a mask, it is just somewhat better than surgical masks. I still hate masks.

I went into a store today that has been mask Nazis and they didn't bat an eye that I didn't have one on. But I also had to deal with Apple store, and I had to wait outside and have them help me. Which was fine. It was like -10C outside. I got a lot of helpful attention from the manager who just wanted to go back inside.

"I can't safely wear a mask" is what I say.

You don't even have to wear a mask on a plane, if you notify the airline (at least in the US) first, but I don't want to go through all that. I did this at a downtown museum and was continually hassled by guards. I did not have to wear a mask but it wasn't worth the disruption.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals