Breathable mask to pass for air travel?

freyasam

I have to fly coming up soon. Can anyone recommend a mask that is more breathable that will pass airport staff scrutiny? They won't let you on the plane without a mask. I have seen the Unmask, but it looks like mesh. I'm not sure they will let you on the plane with that. Has anyone flown with such a mask?

InChristAlone

I can't stand the cloth masks so I got these transparent bedazzled ones from etsy: Bedazzled mask

Mossy

This may be of help:

P.S. I'm sorry, I've just noticed that the mask he recommends as the best for air travel is only viewable to paid subscribers. Once again, I'm sorry, but I feel inclined to leave this post versus deleting it, because I feel deleting posts makes for a bad thread experience.

Last edited:

Perry Staltic

For the sake of vaccine shedding, a decent mask may actually be desirable.

The proteins are smaller than the virus, which N-95 masks stop some, but not all of. So masks, even the best, probably have no significant effect at blocking shed spike proteins.

Perry Staltic

I have to fly coming up soon. Can anyone recommend a mask that is more breathable that will pass airport staff scrutiny? They won't let you on the plane without a mask. I have seen the Unmask, but it looks like mesh. I'm not sure they will let you on the plane with that. Has anyone flown with such a mask?

Take several masks with you and swap to another if someone has a complaint. When they leave, put on a breathable mask.

Yucca

Pierce your mask with small needles. Huundreds times. Then It will be breathable, but no one will see that, specially if it's a black mask, unless he's really too close...

InChristAlone

Pierce your mask with small needles. Huundreds times. Then It will be breathable, but no one will see that, specially if it's a black mask, unless he's really too close...
That would still keep all the nasty moisture in. Mesh masks don't get that moisture feel after wearing awhile.

JamesGatz

I think a big issue mask materials in general tend to be estrogenic - even if you get a mask of decent material - the straps are alawys elastic or similar estrogenic material

I would try to get a mask of safe material - such as cotton, silk, if you can manage to find cashmere or wool that would prob be best - as well as a mask with 2 carbon filter holes like below

61wMwPjOP8L._AC_SL1001_.jpg

what you can then do is cut out the inside of the carbon filters with a sharp object- so that its pure air going through it - basically you have 2 giant holes in your mask that are covered by the air filters so no one sees it

Also - I think the larger issue is that placing something over your mouth and nose increases serotonin so I think the best thing to do is lower serotonin

what i would do besides the mask is wear a hat and a hoodie covering my head so i can take off the mask and no one can tell unless they are right in front of me​

InChristAlone

stressless

I love that the company is called fake mask lol.

I know :lol: They've actually had to change their website URL and name a few times now since their website kept getting shut down. They're not even trying to hide the fact that they're anti-mask and proud of it haha

boris

I find the FFP2 masks are the best for breathing almost freely when I straighten the wire on top and fold in the bottom part a bit so it doesn‘t go below my chin. The material is very stiff so there is good airflow on the sides of the nose. No one ever complained.

Last edited:

Dave_Fit

I think a big issue mask materials in general tend to be estrogenic - even if you get a mask of decent material - the straps are alawys elastic or similar estrogenic material

I would try to get a mask of safe material - such as cotton, silk, if you can manage to find cashmere or wool that would prob be best - as well as a mask with 2 carbon filter holes like below

View attachment 32928

what you can then do is cut out the inside of the carbon filters with a sharp object- so that its pure air going through it - basically you have 2 giant holes in your mask that are covered by the air filters so no one sees it

Also - I think the larger issue is that placing something over your mouth and nose increases serotonin so I think the best thing to do is lower serotonin

what i would do besides the mask is wear a hat and a hoodie covering my head so i can take off the mask and no one can tell unless they are right in front of me​
Unfortunately from recent travel I know they wont allow this type of mask in the picture on airlines. They actually have pictures of masks that look like this as ones not allowed (stupid I know) but they have pictures of masks with filters with a red circle and a line drawn through them, as not allowed.

OP
F

freyasam

Unfortunately from recent travel I know they wont allow this type of mask in the picture on airlines. They actually have pictures of masks that look like this as ones not allowed (stupid I know) but they have pictures of masks with filters with a red circle and a line drawn through them, as not allowed.
Do you think something like this would work on airlines? (not the mask on the guy at the top of the website, the one for sale below).

Dave_Fit

Do you think something like this would work on airlines? (not the mask on the guy at the top of the website, the one for sale below).

Probably, but id shove another in my pocket. Once passed the gatekeepers there wasn't a lot of checking, I did hear the flight attendants ask a few people to put theirs on. It's so stupid because you can take them off to eat or drink. You don't want to get kicked off of your flight but I suspect that mask would work, as long as it doesn't look like the guy in the top picture. I saw people wearing neck garters, cloth masks, paper, no one seemed to care much but they will ask you to put it on if they see you are not eating/drinking and not wearing one.

Last edited:

InChristAlone

My husband said he saw a flight attendant wearing the mesh one with the rhinestones.