Breath Holding To Increase CO2

ilikecats

Do any of you think breath holding is a valid method for increasing CO2 levels and overall health or no? And I'm talking about typical buteyeko exercises like exhaling than holding your breath and then breathing normally for 3 breaths and repeat. What about consciously making and effort to slow your breathing? former poster Visionofstrength seems to think those are the 2 most important things for achieving health if you look at his most recent threads on the other ray peat forum. Ive tried to search for ray peats opinion on the subject but I haven't found anything... Does anyone have any quotes from him on the subject.

Breath holding brought my health back. They’re not really breath holds. You exhale and hold, you don’t inhale and hold. They are incredibly useful and so is exercise with nose breathing and air hunger. Anything you do to build a pleasant amount of air hunger is helpful. Breath holds can be very stressful but I think they are very useful.

Advanced Buteyko AB is the way to learn Buteyko to increase CO2 levels. As an AB instructor, I get my students the app that works out your CP - control pause scores and the breathing very little that follows afterward. You need an instructor to do Buteyko properly and mostly to reap the benefits. Why? your breathing centre is located in the reptilian brain, medulla oblongata. that part of the brain controls survival & our breathing. That part of the brain is very sensitive to changes in body chemistry, temps, and any changes that affect breathing. Stress causes hyperventilation and stress for many people can be too much protein in one go or too much caffeine. You need to work with that part of the brain gently and consistently, daily breathing sets and understanding healing reactions.

I have interviewed Ray Peat in 2009 for my internet program, have been on this forum for years and have followed Peat's principles and individualized them over the years, it was not until I improved my CO2 levels that everything improved. I also do hair tissue mineral analysis and REAMS theory of Ionisation all combined. I call it crazy sexy science. I have 15,000 hours in biochemistry and have spent many years putting it all together. Individualise Nutrition and Buteyko allowed me to crawl out of debilitating brain fog, fatigue, and migraines that would last for 3 days, even though I was doing Peat's principles. I have consulted and have done courses with many Peat's practitioners and not much changed, I used all the progesterone varieties recommended and the migraines were still there.

In fact, Josh and Jeanne Rubin are now doing their own version of Buteyko. of course Josh is not calling it Buteyko but his own method, good branding as they both realized diet alone and supports and red light is not going to improve CO2 levels as swiftly and directly as actually doing proper Buteyko sets daily.
Buteyko is all about performance @ every level and somehow the whole thing about CO2 being a waste product confused many people yoga instructors into hyperventilating.

Advanced Buteyko allows you to make huge progress in 30 days. I have clients/students who got off CPAP machines in 3 months, sleep improves in couple of days and their athletic performance improves along with their CP scores from 14 breath hold to 30 +. this is my direct link for more info and courses, which are conducted via skype. You can also do a simple test and see where your health status is at right now. Teya Skae M.A. - Buteyko Breathing Instructor

OP
I

ilikecats

Breath holding brought my health back. They’re not really breath holds. You exhale and hold, you don’t inhale and hold. They are incredibly useful and so is exercise with nose breathing and air hunger. Anything you do to build a pleasant amount of air hunger is helpful. Breath holds can be very stressful but I think they are very useful.
Thanks for the input but Id really like to find ray peats opinions on it. He loves CO2 but never has said anything about doing breath (exhale) holding excercises or that he's done them himself. why is that? Maybe he thinks they're problematic. I certainly know that the emphasis on CP in the buteyko world is misguided since a lot of anti metabolic things can increase it. People might criticize my emphasis on wanting to know peats opinion on it but I've had to learn the hard way that he's almost always right (no one can be 100 percent right about everything all of the time). The first time I read his work I thought he was insane and wrong about everything. And slowly but surely Id change my opinions on subjects regarding health, nutrition, and environment... One by one... one after the other.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

ddjd

Do any of you think breath holding is a valid method for increasing CO2 levels and overall health or no? And I'm talking about typical buteyeko exercises like exhaling than holding your breath and then breathing normally for 3 breaths and repeat. What about consciously making and effort to slow your breathing? former poster Visionofstrength seems to think those are the 2 most important things for achieving health if you look at his most recent threads on the other ray peat forum. Ive tried to search for ray peats opinion on the subject but I haven't found anything... Does anyone have any quotes from him on the subject.
im finding holding my breath for around 1.5-2 minutes really clears my sinuses and allows me to breathe calmly and effortlessly through my nose rather than mouth. I suspect how long you can hold your breath for is a good reflection of health

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals