Breath Holding And Hair Loss

rchien

Hi, I'm a bit ashamed to ask this question, but this forum seems to be filled with some extremely knowledgeable members.

I have had erection and libido problems for decades now, and have low DHT levels for as long as I have been tested for it. Well, last year I read somewhere that hypoxic conditions in the body (such as breath holding) could increase serum DHT levels. I tried it for a couple months every day, holding my breath for about 30 seconds at a time, doing this numerous (maybe 5 or so) time a day. Somewhere during this time period, I started losing hair on the top of my head only (diffuse thinning), and it never really recovered.

This year I read that hypoxic conditions can specifically target androgen receptors in the hair follicles to receive DHT more readily. Long story short, does anyone think that self-induced minor hypoxia (such as breath holding) could induce some sort of DHT sensitivity in the follicles, resulting in increased hair loss? I can't think of anything else during this time period which would have induced such unusual hair loss. Thanks for reading.

xetawaves

For what it's worth, my breaths are very shallow and even more shallow when I'm sleeping. I'm working on training myself to breath deeper without thinking about it. I also have diffused hair loss. Do you do any breathing exercises?

Motif

For what it's worth, my breaths are very shallow and even more shallow when I'm sleeping. I'm working on training myself to breath deeper without thinking about it. I also have diffused hair loss. Do you do any breathing exercises?

Hey man. Are you doing massages too?

OP
R

rchien

No, not anymore. Just the breath holding exercises last year.

Elephanto

You're producing scalp fibrosis.

Inflammation produces fibrosis, because stress, hypoxia, and inadequate supply of glucose stimulate the fibroblasts to produce increased amounts of collagen.
- Peat

DHT is triggered by stress among other things, hypoxia is a stressor. You really should look at the big picture before doing something that you think will help raise a specific hormone. Hypoxia is essential to cancer promotion. It induces nitric oxide which is bad for hair. The "increased amount of collagen" corresponds to excess keratinocytes which is inhibited by IGFBP3, which is low in young balding men and in prostate cancer. It's like you're adding thick layers of collagen between the scalp and the hair follicles, blood can't flow properly so it starts to calcify.

xetawaves

- Peat

DHT is triggered by stress among other things, hypoxia is a stressor. You really should look at the big picture before doing something that you think will help raise a specific hormone. Hypoxia is essential to cancer promotion. It induces nitric oxide which is bad for hair. The "increased amount of collagen" corresponds to excess keratinocytes which is inhibited by IGFBP3, which is low in young balding men and in prostate cancer. It's like you're adding thick layers of collagen between the scalp and the hair follicles, blood can't flow properly so it starts to calcify.

I suppose that is what has happened to me over the years. The top of my scalp is thick and if I press into it, there is an indentation that forms. What is the best way to reverse it? Is it even possible?

OP
R

rchien

- Peat

Thanks so much for all the information, I really appreciate it. I'll take a look at the links you provided below as well.

Arrade

I'm glad several of you brought up hypoxia causing hairloss, because my nose has been broken in 3 places for over a year with breathing problems. ASAP (which I planned to do already) I'm getting a doctor to fix my nose

lampofred

I'm not sure if hypoxia causes hair loss specifically by increasing DHT sensitivity, but I think hypoxia via several mechanisms such as increased lactic acid, decreased CO2, HIF stimulation, estrogen receptor activation, etc. can definitely cause hair loss. The way to reverse it if I had to guess would be to increase coffee intake, take thyroid, and basically do things that will stimulate your metabolism to increase CO2 production, which will also more than likely take care of your erection/low DHT issues.

Hairfedup

I suppose that is what has happened to me over the years. The top of my scalp is thick and if I press into it, there is an indentation that forms. What is the best way to reverse it? Is it even possible?

Wow same. The indentation has bothered me now for a minute. I wonder if our diffuse hairloss is in the same pattern. George Costanza esque? My head has 100% changed shape, my siblings all attest to it. When I had a full head of hair, it was completely flat. Now its conical. And I don't mean a slight change of head shape. I mean a significant, very visible change.

xetawaves

Wow same. The indentation has bothered me now for a minute. I wonder if our diffuse hairloss is in the same pattern. George Costanza esque? My head has 100% changed shape, my siblings all attest to it. When I had a full head of hair, it was completely flat. Now its conical. And I don't mean a slight change of head shape. I mean a significant, very visible change.

I have diffuse on top. You can't see scalp yet, but it's pretty thin. When you say conical, do you mean you have a pronounced sagittal crest? I have it too. The top of my head is fairly flat with a slight sagittal crest in the very center. In my opinion, sagittal crests look better on a bald head compared to the dome shape. As long as the crest doesn't get too big.

I've noticed men with strong, chiseled facial features usually have a sagittal crest. David Beckham, Bruce Willis, and a bald filipino model by the name of Paolo Roldan all have one, just to name a few.

Last edited:

Hairfedup

I have diffuse on top. You can't see scalp yet, but it's pretty thin. When you say conical, do you mean you have a pronounced sagittal crest? I have it too. The top of my head is fairly flat with a slight sagittal crest in the very center. In my opinion, sagittal crests look better on a bald head compared to the dome shape. As long as the crest doesn't get too big.

I've noticed men with strong, chiseled facial features usually have a sagittal crest. David Beckham, Bruce Willis, and a bald filipino model by the name of Paolo Roldan all have one, just to name a few.

Yeah Saggital crest, that's exactly it. I do think in the event that my hair never grows back, the crest always looks OK when bald i.e. the Rock and the filipino dude. Can't say the same for Bruce who is one of the ugliest MFs I've ever seen or Beckham aka Mr snippy snippy melted Rickey Gervais-alike. Lol. But yeah, I totally know what you mean. Almost forgot Statham. Tupac looked pretty great bald too. Major crest/strange head shape.

xetawaves

Yeah Saggital crest, that's exactly it. I do think in the event that my hair never grows back, the crest always looks OK when bald i.e. the Rock and the filipino dude. Can't say the same for Bruce who is one of the ugliest MFs I've ever seen or Beckham aka Mr snippy snippy melted Rickey Gervais-alike. Lol. But yeah, I totally know what you mean. Almost forgot Statham. Tupac looked pretty great bald too. Major crest/strange head shape.

Interesting, I've never heard anyone say that about Bruce Willis lol so many women are crazy about him, a lot of young ones too. Same goes for Beckham, women drool over that dude.

The trick to looking great bald is being muscular, having dark or tanned skin, keeping facial hair well groomed, and dressing suave as ****. You just gotta have the strong, healthy alpha look.

Last edited:

Jijita

Hi, I'm a bit ashamed to ask this question, but this forum seems to be filled with some extremely knowledgeable members.

I have had erection and libido problems for decades now, and have low DHT levels for as long as I have been tested for it. Well, last year I read somewhere that hypoxic conditions in the body (such as breath holding) could increase serum DHT levels. I tried it for a couple months every day, holding my breath for about 30 seconds at a time, doing this numerous (maybe 5 or so) time a day. Somewhere during this time period, I started losing hair on the top of my head only (diffuse thinning), and it never really recovered.

This year I read that hypoxic conditions can specifically target androgen receptors in the hair follicles to receive DHT more readily. Long story short, does anyone think that self-induced minor hypoxia (such as breath holding) could induce some sort of DHT sensitivity in the follicles, resulting in increased hair loss? I can't think of anything else during this time period which would have induced such unusual hair loss. Thanks for reading.
What was these exercices to avoid it please !?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals