Breastfeeding Impact On Health

Jsaute21

I recently discovered i was breastfed from 3-6 months after i was born. Obviously i would have preferred to be breastfed longer but i was lucky to have been at all compared to some people.

I bring this up because i have had mild to severe OCD since i was a youngster. It correlates with stress and sometimes is completely non existent while at other times can be quite damaging. Does anyone here think that being breastfed longer could/would have prevented my OCD or is that unrealistic? I have friends (sister, sister in law) and many others that weren't breastfed at all.

mrchibbs

I recently discovered i was breastfed from 3-6 months after i was born. Obviously i would have preferred to be breastfed longer but i was lucky to have been at all compared to some people.

I bring this up because i have had mild to severe OCD since i was a youngster. It correlates with stress and sometimes is completely non existent while at other times can be quite damaging. Does anyone here think that being breastfed longer could/would have prevented my OCD or is that unrealistic? I have friends (sister, sister in law) and many others that weren't breastfed at all.

I was a month premature and all I got was Johnson&Johnson formula...you got to count your blessings

Jsaute21

I was a month premature and all I got was Johnson&Johnson formula...you got to count your blessings
i know i sound like a jerk and i appreciate your reply. Well said. Honestly pissed because my biggest gift not that its so important is athleticism and i saw that Michael Jordan was breast fed for 3 years recently...

Not remotely saying I'd be him but you catch my drift. The OCD doesn't help in situations you can't control.

mrchibbs

i know i sound like a jerk and i appreciate your reply. Well said. Honestly pissed because my biggest gift not that its so important is athleticism and i saw that Michael Jordan was breast fed for 3 years recently...

Not remotely saying I'd be him but you catch my drift. The OCD doesn't help in situations you can't control.

It would definitely help immensely. If the mother (and father) was healthy and happy, increased her thyroid for some time before getting pregnant, took progesterone during pregnancy, and then breastfed the child for 2+ years. That would impart a profound hormonal imprint which would possibly make the child very resilient to stress and allow for complete and optimal development. (and with the progesterone during gestation, he or she would probably be a little genius, as was shown by Katharina Dalton's experiment in the 50s and 60s).

Jsaute21

It would definitely help immensely. If the mother (and father) was healthy and happy, increased her thyroid for some time before getting pregnant, took progesterone during pregnancy, and then breastfed the child for 2+ years. That would impart a profound hormonal imprint which would possibly make the child very resilient to stress and allow for complete and optimal development. (and with the progesterone during gestation, he or she would probably be a little genius, as was shown by Katharina Dalton's experiment in the 50s and 60s).

Yeah but i guess the reality is most people aren't born into that situation. I think MJ was as his mother seemed delightfully happy, intelligent etc. so he got 3 years of quality hormonal nutrients. I have a buddy that was breastfed for 3 years and is a smart talented guy. His mother however is a chain smoking alcoholic so I imagine that experience is different.

OJ Simpson had cowlick and was under nourished as a youth. Ended up being a horrible person but top 10 athlete ever.

How is your health now if you dont mind me asking?

somuch4food

Breastfeeding largely depends on the mother's health. It's not a magic food that would prevent every disease on earth. I see it with my son every day. My diet and hormonal balance influences his behavior and sleep very much.

Synchronicity besides breastfeeding can also impact young children. I think proper nutrition after formula could make up for lack of breastfeeding and early life experiences do influence personality. So to answer your question I don't breastfeeding matters as much as a proper environment while growing up (this would include in utero). It's only one variable amongst many others.

mrchibbs

Yeah but i guess the reality is most people aren't born into that situation. I think MJ was as his mother seemed delightfully happy, intelligent etc. so he got 3 years of quality hormonal nutrients. I have a buddy that was breastfed for 3 years and is a smart talented guy. His mother however is a chain smoking alcoholic so I imagine that experience is different.

OJ Simpson had cowlick and was under nourished as a youth. Ended up being a horrible person but top 10 athlete ever.

How is your health now if you dont mind me asking?

My health is much better, thanks for asking. I had relatively good health, if low-energy until about the age of 20. I probably had high progesterone because I looked very youthful and happy, creative and all that. My libido, androgen activity etc. was probably subpar when compared to other kids like that, because I was very clearly hypothyroid, but my hormone balance was good until my early 20s when I crashed hard, and my immediate environment was terrible so I made things a lot worse for myself.

Over the past few years, I've slowly built myself back up, and this past year I've definitely turned a corner. I'm hoping for much more improvements, but I try appreciate what I've managed to do so far.

mrchibbs

Breastfeeding largely depends on the mother's health. It's not a magic food that would prevent every disease on earth. I see it with my son every day. My diet and hormonal balance influences his behavior and sleep very much.

Synchronicity besides breastfeeding can also impact young children. I think proper nutrition after formula could make up for lack of breastfeeding and early life experiences do influence personality. So to answer your question I don't breastfeeding matters as much as a proper environment while growing up (this would include in utero). It's only one variable amongst many others.

Of course, it is always dependent on the health of the mother, but it's still the most optimal food. I think it would be extremely, extremely hard to compensate for lack of breastfeeding, because of the window for hormonal imprinting of the first 2 years of life. Not impossible, just super hard.

Good early-life development doesn't make you invincible, or an angel, but it does tilt the playing field in your favour.

J

james2388

The most abundant proteins are casein, α-lactalbumin, lactoferrin, secretory immunoglobulin IgA, lysozyme, and serum albumin. Non-protein nitrogen-containing compounds, including urea, uric acid, creatine, creatinine, amino acids, and nucleotides, comprise ~25% of human milk nitrogen. Also with that, you get growth hormones in breast milk....

Night and day difference. Dysgenics in effect.

Enfamil neuro pro..
Enfamil NeuroPro Infant Formula, Powder, 20.7 oz tub

ursidae

I find this is one of those things that dwelling on them is more of a detriment to health than the event itself

PxD

I only got 6 weeks, and then my mom went back to work and I was on to formula. 6 months is great, actually, IMO. My wife did 1 year for each of our kids, which I thought was impressive.

JessicaBaker

i guess, there is a small effect on you, but 6 months is okay. I always think of animals who remin without necessary milk in the first months of their lives and then they tend to be very weak and die after some time. however, I guess, that people's nature is more complex

sugarbabe

No, my son was breastfed for YEARS and he has bad OCD right now.

RachelGay1

I've visited couple of doctors and they all said that it doesn't depend on that early stage of life, you know