haidut

Forum Supporter
The study only discussed one specific type of localized lymphoma but the underlying cause (inflammation) is generic enough for me to wonder how many other cancer are caused by breast implants. At least the message is loud and clear that it was inflammation due to the body trying to contain the implant that led to the cancer. Hopefully, the connection between inflammation and PUFA (and thus cancer) will finally be officially acknowledged. Peat said in a few of his articles that ANY foreign object that the body fails to expel/contain will eventually turn into a cancer. He also said that an extensive scar also has high chance of turning into cancer and this is what the study below reports - i.e. the scar formed most often in the scar tissue from the surgery.
When the organism can't remove a foreign... | Ray Peat Forum
"...When the organism can't remove a foreign object, the collagenous capsule that encloses it has a high probability of forming a cancer."

This fact is actually well-known among surgeons, so it is surprising women are not being warned more openly of the dangers of this procedure. I suppose the social pressure is just too great and most people will ignore the warnings. Given that breast implants are not covered by insurance and are highly lucrative as a medical practice, doctors are probably not too keen on warning people either.
Hey @Amazoniac I think you will find this interesting as it suggests both the implant and the resulting low-grade bacterial infection could cause cancer, as we recently discussed in another thread.

Breast Implants Linked to Cancer: How Does It Happen?
"...On Tuesday (March 21), the FDA said that, in light of new data, the agency now recognizes that a rare type of cancer called anaplastic large cell lymphoma (ALCL) can develop after a person receives breast implants. ALCL is not breast cancer; rather, it is a type of lymphoma, which is a cancer of immune system cells, the FDA said in a statement. In the cases that were reported to the FDA, the cancer typically occurred in the scar tissue around the implant, the agency said. So the cancer occurs in the immune system cells around the breast implant, but not in the breast tissue cells themselves."

"...Exactly how breast implants might cause cancer is not known. But studies have suggested that chronic inflammation — which is considered a precursor of many cancers — may play a role in these cancers, said a 2016 paper published in Aesthetic Surgery Journal. Some studies have found markers of chronic inflammation in the scar tissue around breast implants, suggesting that an immune response to the implants might trigger ALCL, the paper said. Another idea is that the bacteria that colonize the area around the implant might trigger an immune response that, in turn, increases cancer risk. A 2016 study examined the community of bacteria around tumor samples in people with ALCL that was linked to breast implants. The study found that these bacteria were significantly different from the community of bacteria around samples from people with breast implants who did not develop cancer."

Last edited:

Amazoniac

The numbers of plastic surgeries around here are shocking. The foreign object that can't be expelled should be encapsulated over time and indeed cause problems, especially because during surgery germs are everywhere despite all instrumentation being sterile.

Reminded me of someone I know that implanted a titanium pin temporarily but left it implanted out of neglect. Her dog started to feel attracted to it, even though it was entirely internal. I'm pretty sure it must be some weird decaying infected tissue. The dog wouldn't be attracted to a piece of metal.

Last edited:

theLaw

@haidut

Wonder if the reason this is not more obvious to the general public is that the massive doses of Estrogen that most of the female population is exposed to leads to a whole myriad of inflammation-related health issues, so it's hard to distinguish implants as the cause when everyone is ill.

Also, I know that you had a thread a while back talking about breast enlargement for underdeveloped women. Do you have any more experience/anecdotes or updates about that?

Recently, I started to notice that nearly all Crossfit women have very small chests, and yet seem to be proud of their masculine features.

Cheers!:D

dfspcc20

The numbers of plastic surgeries around here are shocking. The foreign object that can't be expelled should be encapsulated over time and indeed cause problems, especially because during surgery germs are everywhere despite all instrumentation being sterile.

Reminded me of someone I know that implanted a titanium pin temporarily but left it implanted out of neglect. Her dog started to feel attracted to it, even though it was entirely internal. I'm pretty sure it must be some weird decaying infected tissue. The dog wouldn't be attracted to a piece of metal.

It will be interesting to see what comes of all these hip, knee and shoulder replacements people are getting now...

Catcream

The study only discussed one specific type of localized lymphoma but the underlying cause (inflammation) is generic enough for me to wonder how many other cancer are caused by breast implants. At least the message is loud and clear that it was inflammation due to the body trying to contain the implant that led to the cancer. Hopefully, the connection between inflammation and PUFA (and thus cancer) will finally be officially acknowledged. Peat said in a few of his articles that ANY foreign object that the body fails to expel/contain will eventually turn into a cancer. He also said that an extensive scar also has high chance of turning into cancer and this is what the study below reports - i.e. the scar formed most often in the scar tissue from the surgery. This fact is actually well-known among surgeons, so it is surprising women are not being warned more openly of the dangers of this procedure. I suppose the social pressure is just too great and most people will ignore the warnings. Given that breast implants are not covered by insurance and are highly lucrative as a medical practice, doctors are probably not too keen on warning people either.
Hey @Amazoniac I think you will find this interesting as it suggests both the implant and the resulting low-grade bacterial infection could cause cancer, as we recently discussed in another thread.

Breast Implants Linked to Cancer: How Does It Happen?
"...On Tuesday (March 21), the FDA said that, in light of new data, the agency now recognizes that a rare type of cancer called anaplastic large cell lymphoma (ALCL) can develop after a person receives breast implants. ALCL is not breast cancer; rather, it is a type of lymphoma, which is a cancer of immune system cells, the FDA said in a statement. In the cases that were reported to the FDA, the cancer typically occurred in the scar tissue around the implant, the agency said. So the cancer occurs in the immune system cells around the breast implant, but not in the breast tissue cells themselves."

"...Exactly how breast implants might cause cancer is not known. But studies have suggested that chronic inflammation — which is considered a precursor of many cancers — may play a role in these cancers, said a 2016 paper published in Aesthetic Surgery Journal. Some studies have found markers of chronic inflammation in the scar tissue around breast implants, suggesting that an immune response to the implants might trigger ALCL, the paper said. Another idea is that the bacteria that colonize the area around the implant might trigger an immune response that, in turn, increases cancer risk. A 2016 study examined the community of bacteria around tumor samples in people with ALCL that was linked to breast implants. The study found that these bacteria were significantly different from the community of bacteria around samples from people with breast implants who did not develop cancer."
I had a mastectomy 3 years ago and high up on the list was the option of implant, discussed both by nurses and the docs . I elected to not have a reconstruction and they were quite surprised and kept offering and said it would be available should I change my mind . It is funded in nz following breast cancer . It seems to be the last thing one would want to do following a cancer diagnosis let alone electively for as a beauty therapy . Incidentally I also have a titanium rod attached to my spine put in thirty years ago with a massive scar down my back and have metastatic cancer along my spine . When I proposed there could be a correlation it was met with disdain . So that is interesting info Haidut.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I'm pretty sure it must be some weird decaying infected tissue. The dog wouldn't be attracted to a piece of metal

Could be both. Peat spoke of Russian studies where they trained dogs to find precious metals underground. Clearly those metals do not have any smell, at least not when 10-30 feet underground. So, it must be some kind of EMF or field the dogs can pick up on. But the decaying tissue also makes sense in your friend's case.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut

Wonder if the reason this is not more obvious to the general public is that the massive doses of Estrogen that most of the female population is exposed to leads to a whole myriad of inflammation-related health issues, so it's hard to distinguish implants as the cause when everyone is ill.

Also, I know that you had a thread a while back talking about breast enlargement for underdeveloped women. Do you have any more experience/anecdotes or updates about that?

Recently, I started to notice that nearly all Crossfit women have very small chests, and yet seem to be proud of their masculine features.

Cheers!:D

I think this comment is spot on. In addition to the inflammation, high dose estrogen as found in BC (and endocrine disruptors like BPA) creates a very masculine mental outlook in women and also mental issues like depression, psychosis and mania. So, even if the issues is noticeable by a more normal person a person high on "cocaine" probably would not pay attention to it. And the masculine outlook from estrogen will lead to "toughen it up" instead of acknowledging it. I say "cocaine" because of Peat's statements (which I verified in studies) showing estrogen's effects on female brain are almost identical to cocaine.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I wonder if the implants are so safely assumed to be held in place because of the fibrous capsule that involves them owaa time.

Precisely yes. I know an orthopedic surgeon and he said they even inject collagen around implants to help toughen up the bone/tissue and hold the implant in place. Knowing that collagen increase is the first step to fibrosis/cancer I think you see immediately where this is going.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I had a mastectomy 3 years ago and high up on the list was the option of implant, discussed both by nurses and the docs . I elected to not have a reconstruction and they were quite surprised and kept offering and said it would be available should I change my mind . It is funded in nz following breast cancer . It seems to be the last thing one would want to do following a cancer diagnosis let alone electively for as a beauty therapy . Incidentally I also have a titanium rod attached to my spine put in thirty years ago with a massive scar down my back and have metastatic cancer along my spine . When I proposed there could be a correlation it was met with disdain . So that is interesting info Haidut.

Sorry to hear about your travails. Have you thought of rubbing some progesterone on the scar and the rest of the spine?

Amazoniac

Despite having the opportunity, I won't tell this to the closer people that I know that have it because they won't remove it and will cause them torment. It's better to live without the conflict, than knowing about the problem and not removing.
When you were in college, girls used to say: once you go Georgi, you never go back. It's now part of their essence. I suspect that some would be willing to die for it. "Well, everyone's going to die some day of something..".
Some people feel so potent that they only realize that ***t can happen to them when they are already in serious trouble. This is when they will reconsider their values.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Some people feel so potent that they only realize that ***t can happen to them when they are already in serious trouble. This is when they will reconsider their values

I think that describes 99% of all the people I have ever met. As I mentioned in another post, according to the DSM IV/V a state of good mental health is characterized by moderate delusion. Alternatively, realism is defined as moderate to severe depression. Btw, delusion is defined as a disease by that same manual. So, the same book says that if you are healthy you are sick and vice versa, which is a paradox that no mental health professional has been able to explain to me. Most of them just get angry and start searching for their box of pills (most of the mental health professionals I have met are on at least 1 psychotropic drug). I guess the crazies are being treated by other crazies and the crazies with whitecoats get to define what healthy is. Then everybody wonders why people are getting sicker...
But to your point, once a girl goes Georgi there is no going back :):

Regina

(my dog wakes out of a dead sleep when one of his imaginary dog enemies is a block away. I'm in a closed masonry dense city block. It's not smell).

Couple with a daily use of progestins/estrogen, harsh cosmetics, alcohol, breathless exercise, and caloric restriction.

Regina

Couple with a daily use of progestins/estrogen, harsh cosmetics, alcohol, breathless exercise, and caloric restriction.
My thoughts exactly. All of the above, plus raw kale and flax seed juice, salads and sugar restriction is the norm for my city gal friends.

Amazoniac

I think that describes 99% of all the people I have ever met. As I mentioned in another post, according to the DSM IV/V a state of good mental health is characterized by moderate delusion. Alternatively, realism is defined as moderate to severe depression. Btw, delusion is defined as a disease by that same manual. So, the same book says that if you are healthy you are sick and vice versa, which is a paradox that no mental health professional has been able to explain to me. Most of them just get angry and start searching for their box of pills (most of the mental health professionals I have met are on at least 1 psychotropic drug). I guess the crazies are being treated by other crazies and the crazies with whitecoats get to define what healthy is. Then everybody wonders why people are getting sicker...
But to your point, once a girl goes Georgi there is no going back :):
To be fair, it's when you miss something that you're the most compelled to think about it. When you already have it, most of the time we take for granted and so it's hard to even verbalize.

The smiley with dark glasses would be more suitable.

If people are overconfident, you just can't warn or scare them. It's a waste of time. It's needed to go full cycle to realize that it's not a cool way to curb insecurities. And by full cycle I mean, wait for bad outcomes to appear before their eyes: examples are the best teachers. Parental talk here.

Amazoniac

Despite having the opportunity, I won't tell this to the closer people that I know that have it because they won't remove it and will cause them torment. It's better to live without the conflict, than knowing about the problem and not removing.
When you were in college, girls used to say: once you go Georgi, you never go back. It's now part of their essence. I suspect that some would be willing to die for it. "Well, everyone's going to die some day of something..".
Some people feel so potent that they only realize that ***t can happen to them when they are already in serious trouble. This is when they will reconsider their values.
I was around someone using a crappy commercial deodorant and said to me cracking: this thing should give you cancer (toxic smell). And kept using it as if it was nothing, without any worry. This is exactly the mindset that people have. It's like when people talk about dying one day, but they never felt it. If they did they would have respect for it and be more interested in preservation. It's belived to be such a distant concern, that people don't worry.

Our problem, forum members for example, is usually the opposite, we are hypersensitive and we tend to act too soon and don't let things solve naturally. This is one of the bright sides of religion: when you trust that there's some divine force driving your destiny, you tend to let go of precipitated acts and live by the moment doing what feels right. Some things correct without conscious intervention.