"Breakfast" = 2 Aspirins (325mg) + Caffeine (100mg) . Appetite Is Back

PeatThemAll

I rarely if ever get a hunger signal.

Caffeine doesn't help.

Yesterday I took 2 Aspirins (for post-exercise soreness, really bad) along with my usual 100mg caffeine pill (morning starter) and... hunger sensations returned. And stayed until noon.

It felt nice to have a normal hunger signal.

Skeptical, I did the same thing this morning. Same result. Within 1 hour, hunger signal = On.

No idea what Aspirin's doing / killing / inhibiting in the stomach, but it's definitely working.

Morgan

I have some days where I have no hunger signal as well as nearly no cravings, and I've mostly ignored it as I eat within a somewhat locked routine; but now I'm curious what is going on with the days that said signal seems off.

I take about 3-4 uncoated aspirins a day, and I'm not sure if that has ever increased my appetite in a noticeable way. I definitely notice an increase in appetite after having a carrot salad, but only for the following meal.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I have some days where I have no hunger signal as well as nearly no cravings, and I've mostly ignored it as I eat within a somewhat locked routine; but now I'm curious what is going on with the days that said signal seems off.
I thought this was interesting:
"We nevertheless are impressed by the degree of debility induced by the isolated withdrawal of thiamine. Fatigue, lassitude and loss of interest in food developed early and increased progressively as the period of deficiency extended, to the point of intolerance for food.
Source

morgan#1

I have zero appetite for food at all. And it's a mixed blessing. I came out of an eating disorder 3+yrs ago. Trying to get my life=happiness, good hormones in balance. I've been eating 3,000 calories daily. I know that's what's best for me. I like your thiamine quote by RP. I've just started taking Energin from haidut's wonderful lab! I get really carried away with dosages. And I like the way RP says the minimum and then if you need to go higher. I'm thankful that he leads me in the right direction. My TSH is 1.5ish and my T3 is in the labs median. So thyroid wise I don't think there's too much pressing need. I know I'm hypothyroid. But I don't know what that has to do with my appetite. My leptin levels came back 3 years ago nonexistent. I guess there was no cholesterol? I am very interested in why I have no appetite, when my boyfriend smokes a blunt with me then I get an appetite. I suppose it's control? But when I wake I have nothing. I do my thing and have gelatin/w powdered vitamin c, then salted OJ and my 2 eggs and spinach. Whatever, any input would be greatly appreciated, I'm amazed at the things you guys know!

Amazoniac

We nevertheless are impressed by the degree of debility induced by the isolated withdrawal of thiamine. Fatigue, lassitude and loss of interest in food developed early and increased progressively as the period of deficiency extended, to the point of intolerance for food.
Thiamine (vitamin B1) forms thiamine pyrophosphate in the presence of Mg. When the latter is not available, thiamine cannot perform properly (10) (see Fig. 4). The result is an apparent thiamine deficiency, even when the body has enough or excess thiamine.

morgan#1

:checkeredflag: IMG_2563.PNG IMG_2564.PNG Thanks both, I have looked into thiamine, as it deals with what my symptoms are. As well, RP talks of the deficiency. I keep looking for the magic pill, or nutrient, or hormone. I know my estrogen is not high. I think it's scarily low. I wonder what to do if it's almost non-existent. I know tissue wise it would be a different story. Funny because I think RP says that the ratio of p to e is something like my level. Anyway, I'm not in premenopause. And I'm very healthy, 5'4" female 116 pounds. So that part of it I have to my advantage. I didn't mean to take over this thread with my issues. I will get some thiamine, Amazioniac, hopefully that will fit nicely into my puzzle ...that hopefully will be finished; thanks :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals