Brainfog after using the bathroom (Number 2) From fiber?

Grouptose

When I eat foods high in fiber, and then go onto have a bowel movement, I feel strange after. Like antisocial, foggy headed, apathy, anhedonia and all that, what on earth is going on? Is the fiber binding to something and causing this?

The weirdest part is, usually I feel relieved after a bowel movement without fiber, like there's actually a mental improvement and increase in focus and energy, but when I eat lots of fiber, I feel terrible after a bowel movement, and this isn't even because fiber gives me diarrhea, it doesn't, a lot of the time its a smooth stool. So what gives? What is going on here, I can't be tripping, the post-evacuation feeling is way different. Anyone else relate?

When I eat foods high in fiber, and then go onto have a bowel movement, I feel strange after. Like antisocial, foggy headed, apathy, anhedonia and all that, what on earth is going on? Is the fiber binding to something and causing this?

The weirdest part is, usually I feel relieved after a bowel movement without fiber, like there's actually a mental improvement and increase in focus and energy, but when I eat lots of fiber, I feel terrible after a bowel movement, and this isn't even because fiber gives me diarrhea, it doesn't, a lot of the time its a smooth stool. So what gives? What is going on here, I can't be tripping, the post-evacuation feeling is way different. Anyone else relate?
Since gut bacteria feed on starch, maybe you are having a slight "die off" feeling, with the bacteria dying from their food source disappearing, or feeling tired from ridding your body of a bunch of them still munching on the starch while exiting your body. Who knows, that is my first throw out possibility.

PeskyPeater

The difference from nonfiber and fiber is , fiber or other polysaccharide depending on their type can scrape the gut and the pressure from stool in the intestine can irritate the cell lining, releasing stressors that can signal via the nervous system to the brain. so called gut-brain-axis.
certain types of fiber feed the gutmicrobes and they are so stupid, they dont know any better than eating and pooing out short chain fatty acids, that do have some good functions but alas inducing serotonin release into the bloodstream that can have ill effects, and can make the bloodbrain barrier leaky and stuff that dont belong gets through and impact cognitive functions and mood.

what specific fiber?

Last edited: