Brain mri- Damage reversible?

Hi,

I was hoping you all could take a look at my father’s MRI and possibly recommend which products you think might help. He is receiving chemotherapy For cns lymphoma. Has diabetes (using pyrucet, magnesium, b vitamins). Has high lactic acid, low co2, high procalcitonin. My main concern is restoring his brain function.

If you could recommend products/dosage, I would really appreciate it. Also, would someone please share Dr. Peat’s email — I’m not sure how to find it and I would really appreciate his input.

Thank you

Attachments

• F5338F2D-CD65-48EF-893A-9B76DA38A4BC.jpeg
    F5338F2D-CD65-48EF-893A-9B76DA38A4BC.jpeg
    328 KB · Views: 32

saene

you can look into dr sircus work on baking soda and cancer may help with acidosis as well

Ray Peat say's "Progesterone's brain-protective and restorative effects involve mitochondrial actions." I would get him on some Progest-E, Ray Peat's only.

"Protective interventions, and therapies, will consist of things which protect the structures (preserving sensitivity, while blocking excessive stimulation), and which increase the energy resources. A great variety of physiological indicators show that substances such as progesterone, thyroid and carbon dioxide are acting "universally" as protectants, in ways that make sense only with some perspective such as this, of the systematic changes in the physical state of the living substance." -Ray Peat

OP
H
Can do easily since I already have it! I use it topically but should I rub on his gums? Sublingual? Dose? drops are super hard to measure with progest-e

aliml

Liquorice root may help treat DLBCL!

Impact of Qi-Invigorating Traditional Chinese Medicines on Diffuse DLBCL Based on Network Pharmacology and Experimental Validation

Background:
It has been verified that deficiency of Qi, a fundamental substance supporting daily activities according to the Traditional Chinese Medicine theory, is an important symptom of cancer. Qi-invigorating herbs can inhibit cancer development through promoting apoptosis and improving cancer microenvironment. In this study, we explored the potential mechanisms of Qi-invigorating herbs in diffuse large B cell lymphoma (DLBCL) through network pharmacology and in vitro experiment.

Methods: Active ingredients of Qi-invigorating herbs were predicted from the Traditional Chinese Medicine Systems Pharmacology Database. Potential targets were obtained via the SwissTargetPrediction and STITCH databases. Target genes of DLBCL were obtained through the PubMed, the gene-disease associations and the Malacards databases. Overlapping genes between DLBCL and each Qi-invigorating herb were collected. Hub genes were subsequently screened via Cytoscape. The Gene Ontology and pathway enrichment analyses were performed using the DAVID database. Molecular docking was performed among active ingredients and hub genes. Hub genes linked with survival and tumor microenvironment were analyzed through the GEPIA 2.0 and TIMER 2.0 databases, respectively. Additionally, in vitro experiment was performed to verify the roles of common hub genes.

Results: Through data mining, 14, 4, 22, 22, 35, 2, 36 genes were filtered as targets of Ginseng Radix et Rhizoma, Panacis Quinquefolii Radix, Codonopsis Radix, Pseudostellariae Radix, Astragali Radix, Dioscoreae Rhizoma, Glycyrrhizae Radix et Rhizoma (Liquorice) for DLBCL treatment, respectively. Then besides Panacis Quinquefolii Radix and Dioscoreae Rhizoma, 1,14, 10, 14,13 hub genes were selected, respectively. Molecular docking studies indicated that active ingredients could stably bind to the pockets of hub proteins. CASP3, CDK1, AKT1 and MAPK3 were predicted as common hub genes. However, through experimental verification, only CASP3 was considered as the common target of Qi-invigorating herbs on DLBCL apoptosis. Furthermore, the TIMER2.0 database showed that Qi-invigorating herbs might act on DLBCL microenvironment through their target genes. Tumor-associated neutrophils may be main target cells of DLBCL treated by Qi-invigorating herbs.

Conclusion: Our results support the effects of Qi-invigorating herbs on DLBCL. Hub genes and immune infiltrating cells provided the molecular basis for each Qi-invigorating herb acting on DLBCL.

Isoliquiritigenin, a natural flavonoid from Liquorice, inhibits the survival of diffuse DLBCL by regulating Akt/mTOR signaling pathway​

Purpose: To investigate the effect of isoliquiritigenin (ISL) on diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) cells and its underlying mechanism of action.

Methods: The DLBCL cell line OCI-Ly19 was used in this study. Cell proliferation was measured by MTT assay. Apoptosis was evaluated using flow cytometry. Phosphorylation of Akt and mTOR was assessed using Western blotting.

Results: DLBCL cell proliferation was suppressed by ISL in a concentration-dependent manner. The number of apoptotic cells increased following ISL treatment in a concentration-dependent manner (p < 0.05). ISL treatment also stopped the cell cycle at the G1 phase in a concentration-dependent manner. Western blot analysis indicated that there was no significant Akt and mTOR expression in cells treated with 10, 20, or 50 μM ISL (p < 0.05). However, Akt and mTOR phosphorylation was upregulated following treatment with 10, 20, or 50 μM ISL in a concentration-dependent manner (p < 0.05).

Conclusion: The results demonstrate that ISL inhibits DLBCL cell proliferation and promotes cell apoptosis by blocking the cell cycle transition from the G1 to S phase, which is mediated by the inactivation of the Akt/mTOR signaling pathway.

CircCFL1/MiR-107 Axis Targeting HMGB1 Promotes the Malignant Progression of Diffuse DLBCL Tumors​

HMGB1 plays an important role in lymphoma development. Staratschek et al found that 11 out of 18 patients with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma have significantly higher levels of HMGB1 mRNA expression than normal controls. They speculated that HMGB1 released by necrotic cells promotes lymphoma cell growth and angiogenesis through paracrine pathways. Dejean et al found that HMGB1 can also induce IL-8 release by activating the MMP-9, PAR-2, and NF-κB pathways by binding to CXCR1 and CXCR2 on the surfaces of ALK-positive lymphoma cells to promote the growth and metastasis of lymphoma cells; after treatment with the HMGB1 inhibitor glycyrrhizin (Liquorice), the invasion and metastatic capabilities of lymphoma cells are significantly reduced. In the present study, we found that CircCFL1 can promote the expression of HMGB1 by targeting miR-107, thereby activating the HMGB1 signaling pathway and up-regulating the phosphorylation levels of p-AKT, p-ERK, and p-STAT3.

OP
H
Thank you for the responses. The chemotherapy has been very tough on him this time— they want us to finish all cycles even though the tumor technically is gone Bc chance of recurrence is high. (this is actually a recurrence That happened about 2 months after he finished his first chemotherapy) We will have an appointment to figure out if these changes to the brain are damage from the lymphoma or were the changes due to the treatment itself. Bc if it’s chemo-related we will have a talk about the wisdom of continuing treatment.

One thing I can’t figure out is why he’s so sleepy all the time— he’s Awake intermittently .. it probably adds up 3-4 hours a day —- what can this be from? And what can fix it? I am researching for answers too... the problems seem to be adding up and it’s getting a little overwhelming trying to keep up so if anyone has ideas i would really appreciate it.

Thank you for the responses. The chemotherapy has been very tough on him this time— they want us to finish all cycles even though the tumor technically is gone Bc chance of recurrence is high. (this is actually a recurrence That happened about 2 months after he finished his first chemotherapy) We will have an appointment to figure out if these changes to the brain are damage from the lymphoma or were the changes due to the treatment itself. Bc if it’s chemo-related we will have a talk about the wisdom of continuing treatment.

One thing I can’t figure out is why he’s so sleepy all the time— he’s Awake intermittently .. it probably adds up 3-4 hours a day —- what can this be from? And what can fix it? I am researching for answers too... the problems seem to be adding up and it’s getting a little overwhelming trying to keep up so if anyone has ideas i would really appreciate it.

I wish I knew about the sleepy part, but my husband took a prescribed muscle relaxer the day he went in the hospital, hoping it would make him more comfortable in the waiting room at the hospital. His last wait was 14 hours with bloody diarrhea. So he was acting strange and sleeping a lot, and I assumed it was the muscle relaxer. Like your father, he would be awake and getting ready to go to hospital and then sleep for 4 more hours.

OP
H
Update:

We are no longer continuing chemo Bc my dad has lost 20+ lbs due to treatment diarrhea etc., and would not even be able to tolerate another session.

The good part about it is that imaging shows no cancer. It suggests encephalopathy and compromised blood brain barrier.

The past 2 weeks due to chemotherapy effects and c. diff he was hardly eating/drinking, so medication/supplements have become quite impossible. He began eating a little more a couple days ago.

Here is where I really need help Bc we are constantly going back to the hospital for sepsis-like symptoms.

I want to know which idealalbs products you all recommend (@haidut) because they are potent and can be applied topically. Currently we are using pyrucet (not too much of this recently Bc not enough calories/carbs) and progest-e.

Here are our main issues (completely in line with cancer being a metabolic issue):
Sepsis-like symptoms
Fever
Low CO2- high resp rate 30-40 during sleep
High Lactic acid (Which can cause blood brain barrier leakage — which is what is on mri, and it’s an nmda agonist ... his md wanted to prescribe nmda antagonist to help keep him awake)
High lactic acid can be caused by thiamine deficiency (so can wernicke’s encephalopathy— encephalopathy also a consideration on mri). @youngsinatra had recommended oral b1 and magnesium... we were doing that until he stopped eating basically... trying to get IV through hospital diagnosis since he has classic symptoms of wernickes.

This is the part that has me really worried— his symptoms seem consistent with this article:

“Early in the disease, when dehydration is prominent, the blood sugar estimates are high. Late in the disease when hydration has gone on sufficiently to produce a high degree of globulin and lipogobulin, the blood sugar estimates drop. This is because the surface tension of the lipogenous hydrated particles has become sufficiently low to raise their absorption powers and most of the sugar is taken up into the colloidal form, even though the etiological toxin is still as active as ever”

He’s t2 diabetic, always high — his blood sugars have been unusually low — fbg of 70 after dinner of fruit and ice cream (no meds).

“The behavior of the red cells to hypo and hypertonic salt solution is characteristic in demonstrating hydration. Either lysis with its hypertension or hydration with its hypotension may predominate. At any rate, both conditions have progressed beyond any hope of control through physiological means. The necessity for a reaction on the part of the body, in the way of a protective response, has become inoperative and the cells most handicapped by the difficulty attempt the conversion of the primarily lytic toxin, into a substance with inductive dispersion properties. They fail with the result that their product is a hydrator, fatally toxic even to the cancer cells that induce the change, as well as, a general producer of cachexia. Removal of the cancer growth does not materially alter the blood picture, demonstrating that the etiological toxin is still at work. But the longer the cancer activity is permitted, the greater the tendency towards muscular softening and the greater the likelihood for hemorrhage, because of fatty change. The very pronounced and fundamental general pathological changes that lead to and exist with cancer are so great, that it is impossible to claim good vitality or a good prognosis for any cancer patient, simply because fatal complications of the disease are apt to be imminent.”

High Bp and pulse, low rbc, Low hgb, low hot, low iron low transferrin, high ferritin. (had blood transfusion for this)

“ If the central nervous system is involved, coma results.“

High creatinine, low calcium, low phosphorus,low total protein, low albumin.

I read through the descriptions for all the idealabs products, but I’m not too sure which can help our root cause and what dose etc would be safe for cachexia.

I’m getting energin. I was thinking diamant maybe?

Any thoughts on anything else we can do? Diet? ... I was thinking bag breathing but he is cognitively altered so I don’t know how long he could even comply even with help.

What do you all think of panquinone for my rat?

David PS

Have you considered Ginkgo biloba?

youngsinatra

Did he got his copper status evaluated? (Ceruloplasmin, serum copper)

Copper deficiency causes severe mitochondrial dysfunction (inhibition of complex IV, which requires copper, causes shutdown of the electron transport chain and shifts the physiology to excessive glycolysis)
The mitochondrial dysfunction caused by copper deficiency causes lack of CO2 and high lactate.

It would also explain the „anemia of chronic disease“ as copper deficiency disrupts proper iron metabolism and regulation. (hemoglobin production, transferrin loading etc.)

OP
H
@
Did he got his copper status evaluated? (Ceruloplasmin, serum copper)

Copper deficiency causes severe mitochondrial dysfunction (inhibition of complex IV, which requires copper, causes shutdown of the electron transport chain and shifts the physiology to excessive glycolysis)
The mitochondrial dysfunction caused by copper deficiency causes lack of CO2 and high lactate.

It would also explain the „anemia of chronic disease“ as copper deficiency disrupts proper iron metabolism and regulation. (hemoglobin production, transferrin loading etc.)
thank you so much- I asked for this and they dismissed it. Now we are in ICU at another hospital and they can’t find cause for sepsis. They continue to look for neoplasticism and infectious origin - but I believe it is metabolic. What other tests can I ask for ? What can I personally do to help him? I fear he is on the brink of organ failure.

OP
H
Have you considered Ginkgo biloba?

Thank you- as soon as we are out of critical stage I will implement as they are doing multiple CT and x-rays on him.

David PS

Thank you- as soon as we are out of critical stage I will implement as they are doing multiple CT and x-rays on him.
To me, the term radio protective suggests mitigating damage from future assaults. If that is the case, now my be the time to start protecting

OP
H
To me, the term radio protective suggests mitigating damage from future assaults. If that is the case, now my be the time to start protecting
Unfortunately they have intubated and put on NG tube—he can’t take it orally but I will try topical application

David PS

Unfortunately they have intubated and put on NG tube—he can’t take it orally but I will try topical application

I wish both you and him well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals