Brain Fog/sleepines After Coffee. Problems With Blood Flow/sulphur?

Astolfo

Since the time i got pssd, coffee makes me paradoxically sleepier after i drink it. Affects my cognition very badly. Also i tried aspirin but i had to stop it because it gave me permanent tinnitus after a while (1-2 weeks). Also after i stopped it, i got a HUGE headache for a day. Dark chocolate helps me with cognition (improves my symptoms) but worsens my gut hyperteactivity.

Problems with coffee, salicylates, headache from cocoa(first time, not happening anymore), gingko(only at 80 mg) and aspirin withdrawal etc.

Could it be sulphur metabolism/transulfuration pathway or prostaglandin/AA synthesis?

bk_

I used to have this issue with caffeine post-finasteride but it went away with thyroid use. How’s your thyroid function and body temperatures? Are you having the coffee with a meal rich in monosaccharides (fruit/milk sugars)? Are you taking thyroid?

Whatever the case maybe for the cause of your sensitivities, a healthy metabolism is key and it starts with the thyroid, adequate nutrition, and lots of sugar (ideally from fruit/milk). Just be mindful of what foods don’t agree with you, since you have a sensitivity to aspirin I suspect you might be sensitive to fruits high in salicylates.

Kingpinguin

Since the time i got pssd, coffee makes me paradoxically sleepier after i drink it. Affects my cognition very badly. Also i tried aspirin but i had to stop it because it gave me permanent tinnitus after a while (1-2 weeks). Also after i stopped it, i got a HUGE headache for a day. Dark chocolate helps me with cognition (improves my symptoms) but worsens my gut hyperteactivity.

Problems with coffee, salicylates, headache from cocoa(first time, not happening anymore), gingko(only at 80 mg) and aspirin withdrawal etc.

Could it be sulphur metabolism/transulfuration pathway or prostaglandin/AA synthesis?

coffee, aspirin and gingko lowers iron. Chocolate has iron and copper. Maybe your iron deficient. It would explain fatigue and sleepiness.

Michael Mohn

Coffee has thiamine antagonists blocking carbohydrate metabolism. I had to stop drinking coffee made me to tired. Pur caffeine and coke make no problem at all.

yerrag

Coffee has thiamine antagonists blocking carbohydrate metabolism. I had to stop drinking coffee made me to tired. Pur caffeine and coke make no problem at all.
Interesting. Do you have a reference?

I'd like to explore this. As I stopped coffee for a different reason, but seem to notice improved wakefulness and energy. But I'm not sure if it were due to something else.

Michael Mohn

Interesting. Do you have a reference?

I'd like to explore this. As I stopped coffee for a different reason, but seem to notice improved wakefulness and energy. But I'm not sure if it were due to something else.

Heat-stable thiamine antagonists occur in several plants; ferns, tea, betel nut. They include polyphenols; these and related compounds are found in blueberries, red currants, red beets, brussel sprouts, red cabbage, betel nuts, coffee and tea (Hilker and Somogyi, 1982)

Thiamine Deficiency and its Prevention and Control in Major Emergencies: Factors influencing content and utilization of thiamine in foods: Anti-thiamine factors

Coffee contains not further specified or documented "Anti Thiamine Factors", onion and garlic also, and some types of raw fish.

yerrag

That was very helpful. Thanks!