Brain Fog/sleepines After Coffee. Problems With Blood Flow/sulphur?

Astolfo

Since the time i got pssd, coffee makes me paradoxically sleepier after i drink it. Affects my cognition very badly. Also i tried aspirin but i had to stop it because it gave me permanent tinnitus after a while (1-2 weeks). Also after i stopped it, i got a HUGE headache for a day. Dark chocolate helps me with cognition (improves my symptoms) but worsens my gut hyperteactivity.

Problems with coffee, salicylates, headache from cocoa(first time, not happening anymore), gingko(only at 80 mg) and aspirin withdrawal etc.

Could it be sulphur metabolism/transulfuration pathway or prostaglandin/AA synthesis?

bk_

I used to have this issue with caffeine post-finasteride but it went away with thyroid use. How’s your thyroid function and body temperatures? Are you having the coffee with a meal rich in monosaccharides (fruit/milk sugars)? Are you taking thyroid?

Whatever the case maybe for the cause of your sensitivities, a healthy metabolism is key and it starts with the thyroid, adequate nutrition, and lots of sugar (ideally from fruit/milk). Just be mindful of what foods don’t agree with you, since you have a sensitivity to aspirin I suspect you might be sensitive to fruits high in salicylates.

Kingpinguin

Since the time i got pssd, coffee makes me paradoxically sleepier after i drink it. Affects my cognition very badly. Also i tried aspirin but i had to stop it because it gave me permanent tinnitus after a while (1-2 weeks). Also after i stopped it, i got a HUGE headache for a day. Dark chocolate helps me with cognition (improves my symptoms) but worsens my gut hyperteactivity.

Problems with coffee, salicylates, headache from cocoa(first time, not happening anymore), gingko(only at 80 mg) and aspirin withdrawal etc.

Could it be sulphur metabolism/transulfuration pathway or prostaglandin/AA synthesis?

coffee, aspirin and gingko lowers iron. Chocolate has iron and copper. Maybe your iron deficient. It would explain fatigue and sleepiness.

Michael Mohn

Coffee has thiamine antagonists blocking carbohydrate metabolism. I had to stop drinking coffee made me to tired. Pur caffeine and coke make no problem at all.

yerrag

Coffee has thiamine antagonists blocking carbohydrate metabolism. I had to stop drinking coffee made me to tired. Pur caffeine and coke make no problem at all.
Interesting. Do you have a reference?

I'd like to explore this. As I stopped coffee for a different reason, but seem to notice improved wakefulness and energy. But I'm not sure if it were due to something else.

Michael Mohn

Interesting. Do you have a reference?

I'd like to explore this. As I stopped coffee for a different reason, but seem to notice improved wakefulness and energy. But I'm not sure if it were due to something else.

Heat-stable thiamine antagonists occur in several plants; ferns, tea, betel nut. They include polyphenols; these and related compounds are found in blueberries, red currants, red beets, brussel sprouts, red cabbage, betel nuts, coffee and tea (Hilker and Somogyi, 1982)

Thiamine Deficiency and its Prevention and Control in Major Emergencies: Factors influencing content and utilization of thiamine in foods: Anti-thiamine factors

Coffee contains not further specified or documented "Anti Thiamine Factors", onion and garlic also, and some types of raw fish.

yerrag

That was very helpful. Thanks!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Igorevich Diabet, Anxiety, MPB, Brain Fog, need advice Mental Issues 2
TopGun1911 Massive Brain Fog After Taking Aspirin (500 Mg) Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 14
johnwester130 Ate Some Sourdough Bread = Brain Fog So Bad I Fell Asleep Diet, Recipes 2
D Constant Insatiable Hunger, Extreme Stress, And Brain Fog All For 7 Years Now Ask For Help or Advice 92
charlie Solved? - IBS, SIBO, GERD, LPR, Colitis, Constipation, Celiac, Brain Fog Digestion, Gut Flora 180
D Fighting Candida, Food Sensitivities / Leaky Gut, Brain Fog, Ocular Migraines, Acetaldehyde Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 18
H Hashimotos/Brain Fog/Blood Sugar Imbalances Mental Issues 36
Elchapchapchapo How I Have Practically Cured My Case Of Brain Fog Mental Issues 22
I Crippling! Brain Fog Ask For Help or Advice 34
AretnaP People With Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ Brain Fog Have Low Cerebral Blood Flow Scientific Studies 9
A T3 (liothyronine/Cytomel) Relieves Mold Exposure With Fatigue & Brain Fog Scientific Studies 5
Elchapchapchapo Conquering Brain Fog / Feelings Of Derealization / Fatigue- Need Some Suggestions Ask For Help or Advice 31
B Brain Fog From K2 K 9
W Tripping During Regular Walk, Brain Fog, Orthostatic Hypotension Ask For Help or Advice 9
B Insomnia, Anxiety/dep, Fatigue, Brain Fog - How To Identify Then Treat To Root Cause(s)? Insomnia, Sleep Issues 15
L Waking With Muscle Pain, Constant Cold Hands, Brain Fog, Lack Of Motivation, Cyprohept. And Thyroid Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 18
B Help With Brain Fog Mental Issues 29
I Brain fog and nerves iLoveSugar 2
B I Think My Chronic Brain Fog Was Simply Exhaustion From Poor Sleep Quality Health 19
F PureBulk Niacinamide Giving Me Diarrhea / Brain Fog / Weird Farts? FredSonoma 6
Integral Brain Fog & Fatigue Mental Issues 10
I Brain Fog And FATIGUE iLoveSugar 32
sweetpeat Persistent Brain Fog And Fatigue When Metabolism Seems Good Mental Issues 53
I Fatigue, brain fog, hair loss and scalp itch Ask For Help or Advice 25
J Fatigue & Brain Fog Mental Issues 41
Attakai Fatigue and brain fog with T3/T4 supplementation Mental Issues 13
P Brain Fog Mental Issues 40
Marine Slow witted / Brain processing speed Ask For Help or Advice 8
md_a Genetically engineered 'Magneto' protein remotely controls brain and behaviour / `Magneto` SPIKE PROTEIN Articles & Scientific Studies 8
L Mushrooms do something really good for my brain -- why? Diet 7
R Habitual coffee drinkers display a distinct pattern of brain functional connectivity Scientific Studies 3
T Took Grass fed brain capsules, Neurological symptoms still a week after stopping (Mad Cow!?) Ask For Help or Advice 45
egoy Brain Cancer stage 4 glioblastoma giant cells. What options are available? Ask For Help or Advice 167
Mauritio Vitamin B1 / Thiamine deficiency increases serotonin in the brain Scientific Studies 32
Hans The biggest missing links to optimal brain function – part 1 Articles & Scientific Studies 8
Hans Low carb diets shrink the brain and causes brain inflammation Scientific Studies 31
cupofcoffee Coffee polyphenols ameliorate cognitive decline via maintenance of blood-brain barrier (BBB) integrity in senescence-accelerated mouse prone 8 (SAMP8) Coffee 4
haidut Blocking PUFA/prostaglandins restores metabolism and reverses brain aging Scientific Studies 5
Lokzo Creatine Exerts Same Effects As Ketamine In The Brain? Scientific Studies 6
yerrag Please... I'm wracking my brain... but pls. give me an instance our miltary actually defended its people. Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 10
E Brain Damage Reversed in Mice Scientific Studies 0
E Which Exact Brain Or Neurological Changes Create Specific Aspergers Behaviors? Autism 5
Hgreen56 Salt, Sugar, And Dietary Fat Trigger Opioids In The Brain Which Can Contribute To Overeating Diet 4
M Ways To Inhibit 5AR In The Brain Male Issues 19
L How Do You Encourage Facial Nerve Healing After Severe Brain Trauma? Miscellaneous Health Discussions 17
E SARS-CoV-2 Spike Proteins Disrupt The Blood-Brain Barrier, Potentially Raising Risk Of Neurological Scientific Studies 2
M Brain Supplement Recommendations For People With Serotonin Sensitivity Ask For Help or Advice 2
Doludolu "Ketones - The Primary Fuel Of The Brain And The Key Of Human Evolution" ; Connection With Babies Metabolism 14
M How To Treat Leaky Blood-brain-barrier If One Is Sensitive To Caffeine Pill? Ask For Help or Advice 3
D My Brain Is In Trouble And I Need Help Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 24